Why Should I Remember to Put the Toilet Seat Down??? Males & Females chime in plz

Because it's gross to leave it up. Most the time dudes leave traces of pee or pubes on the rim, and it gets left up? No thank you I'd rather not pukebefore I use the toilet

I am still 3/4 asleep at 3am when I go to piss, I'm not always going to be checking. It's common courtesy but obviously it's beyond you to do sucha simple gesture.

And no, I do not turn on the light. If you do, it tricks your brain into thinking it's daylight and it makes it harder to fall back to sleep and I wake upfor work at 530 am
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

You put the lid down after you're done because when you flush the toilet do you really want all of your piss particles flying everywhere and landing on your tooth brush? Mmmm your urine is pretty tasty mixed in with your fluoride isn't it? NOT
if you need a scientific reason, there it is.

A gentleman does it anyway.

My mrs. Stay gettin on me bout that but I'm like is it that big of a deal? Do you walk into the bathroom wit ya eyes closed or backwards and then dropdown?
smh.gif
that's what u got eyes for....but if I got pee on the seat u would wanna go in on me about how nasty I am...
smh.gif

I live with my girlfriend and my male best friend, I've yet to fall in the toilet. I always look before I start to go, its asking for trouble not to.He's good about it, but sometimes he forgets..no biggie..

Originally Posted by Nawth21

I am still 3/4 asleep at 3am when I go to piss, I'm not always going to be checking. It's common courtesy but obviously it's beyond you to do such a simple gesture.

And no, I do not turn on the light. If you do, it tricks your brain into thinking it's daylight and it makes it harder to fall back to sleep and I wake up for work at 530 am
smh.gif

LOL...obvious huh? You dont even know me. Anyway, I dont have a problem doing things that I understand (covering mouth to cough/sneeze, chewing with mouthclosed, taking your hat off during national anthem, etc.). However, I really dont get why it is that big of a deal. For those who say its the gentlemanlything to do or common courtesy, explain WHY (no one can do this). I use the bathroom solo and its my private time. Everything else (afformentioned thingslike covering mouth) I do in front of people, and I see the manners piece there.

I am not refusing to do this, but as stated initially I have never been taught that. Moms didnt trip. I guess I need more of a reason to do it besides"oh men have been doing for years, or thats how we did it in my home" to change a 27yr practice.

The difference here is obvious...Men dont understand why, and women expect us to do it. Lame.

(See Nawth posts)

cuz karma might come back around and one time you ain't paying attention and for whatever reason you dun notice the toilet seat is up and you sit down totake a !!%* and your whole %*$ gonna be wet from taken a seat right into the toilet water.

you laugh now until it happens to you one day.

Nawth21 wrote:
Because it sucks stumbling into the bathroom at 3am and having your %@* fall in the toilet because the seat is up.

/thread

Na what really sucks is stumbling into the bathroom at 3am and having the seat down and peeing all over that $*#%.Well sucks for you women.Cause lord knows Iaint cleaning that $*#%
/thread

Women don't expect men to do it. And you asked for one good reason? cuz your wife wants you to. Doesnt matter why, doesn't matter if she can't giveyou an explanation but her wanting you do to it should be good enough for you.

Atleast I know if I asked my future husband to do something as simple as that, he'd respect my wishes and vice versa
smile.gif

Dont guys turn on the light to pee at night? Or do y'all just wing it and hope for the best?

Serious question. I have no work to do today
alien.gif
I need to be entertained
laugh.gif

Dont guys turn on the light to pee at night? Or do y'all just wing it and hope for the best?

alien.gif
I need to be entertained
laugh.gif
"no, I do not turn on the light. If you do, it tricks your brain into thinking it's daylight "

Nawth21 wrote:
Women don't expect men to do it. And you asked for one good reason? cuz your wife wants you to. Doesnt matter why, doesn't matter if she can't give you an explanation but her wanting you do to it should be good enough for you.

Atleast I know if I asked my future husband to do something as simple as that, he'd respect my wishes and vice versa
smile.gif

Stupidest #!%$ I've ever heard.Maybe not ever but maybe today lol

It's true. Has something to do with the pineal gland or something. Though I'm sure there is a minimum time exposure.

laugh.gif
someone pissed in your wheaties this morning. Where's yourholiday spirit
wink.gif

I own the house. If I wanna leave the toilet seat up, I can, and you can't say a fricken thing about it. My toothbrush is in the medicine cabinet.

Fall in like a dumski if you want to... Does that make me inconsiderate or you just stunatu, or both?

If I can put it down to crap, you can put it down to piss.

All that said, I still put the lid down most times. I don't like the prospect of accidentally dropping something in...

Nawth21 wrote:
It's true. Has something to do with the pineal gland or something. Though I'm sure there is a minimum time exposure.

laugh.gif
someone pissed in your wheaties this morning. Where's your holiday spirit
wink.gif

I wasn't saying it's not true.Who wants to pee with the light on that early in the morning?Your eyes get all stingy and !@#$.But what your saying lackslogic.So men should have to check if the seats up?But women shouldn't have to?

I was just under the assumption that men turned the light on for ease of aiming, which is why I asked.

It's all jokes, I honestly don't care
laugh.gif
I've damned near taken a swim on more than a few occasions and I've thunked my !*! on the closed lidnumerous times. its cool. I just dont see the big deal of doing it if someone asks politely, regardless of *why* they want it done.

Oh I just thought of something that does grind my gears though. If you use the last of the TP, pleeeeease put out another roll if theyre not stashed close. Sometimes i make the mad dash after work only to discover the roll empty and the rest out of reach
frown.gif

Women don't expect men to do it. And you asked for one good reason? cuz your wife wants you to. Doesnt matter why, doesn't matter if she can't give you an explanation but her wanting you do to it should be good enough for you.

smile.gif
roll.gif

I was just under the assumption that men turned the light on for ease of aiming, which is why I asked.

It's all jokes, I honestly don't care
laugh.gif
I've damned near taken a swim on more than a few occasions and I've thunked my %+% on the closed lid numerous times. its cool. I just dont see the big deal of doing it if someone asks politely, regardless of *why* they want it done.

Ponit taken...but

Scenario (me and Nawth are dating):
"hey baby um the holidays have come and gone, and Ive notice you gained a bit". "I love you and all, but it would really make me happy if youhit the gym hard and lost about 5lbs". "It would make me really really happy if you did this"

Nawth realtalk...how you gonna respond? You feel that you look good, and I should love you regardless right? You gonna hit the gym or not?

C'mon now, you know asking to keep the seat down and weight gain have nothing to do with each other
laugh.gif

I don't need to hit the gym to lose 5 lbs, I'd tell you I'll lay off the chips. Maybe. I do love my chips.

Nawth.If you've left the seat down all your life.I all the sudden ask that you put it up after you finish.Don't give you a reason or anything likethat.Just say your suppose to.Would you not at least wonder how that makes any sense?

whoever is sits down without looking is a filthy person anyway

u should always inspect the rim for cleanliness

Originally Posted by yarrh

whoever is sits down without looking is a filthy person anyway

u should always inspect the rim for cleanliness
That only applys for rim jobs word to NT chat

alien.gif
I need to be entertained
laugh.gif

I don't turn the light on which has caused me to piss all over the lid on more than one occasion
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom