Why would anyone vote for Hillary Clinton?

Personally i can't grasp why she has any appeal. I have no respect for her and I think she'd be awful trying to run the country. But some of thesupporters why do you think she can win?

Because if people know if they elect her, they're basically getting Bill along with the deal, and he happens to be in my opinion the best president of ourgeneration (for most people on this board, anyway).

People don't know what Obama stands for yet, being just a junior senator in Congress. People know what Hilary has done as First Lady and are also morefamiliar with her approach to foreign relations. Although she comes off as a b sometimes, she's been as good for the state of NY as Bill was for the UnitedStates, and I think a lot of people are banking on that same kind of progress under "her" (really both of them) if she got into office.

Besides, I think we're getting a Clinton/Obama ticket anyway, which I think is fine. Obama can spend up to 8 years under Hilary's wing, understandingforeign politics and backstage politics, and then could run for president again in 2016, when I think he'd be a consenusal lock, potentially giving him 16years in the White House
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

bc bill was that dude

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

cllinton/obama ticket would be sick

Are you kidding me.
So you're saying you'd vote for a woman because her husbadn was a good president? I guess Bill's tactics are working just as planned.

And an Obama/Clinton ticket?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?????? they can't even get along in the primaries how the hell are they gonna get along in the white house?

Obama is steadily closing the gap in delegates on Hilary, he's only down 61 or so. So if he can take Ohio or Texas and get more delegates, then I think hehas a serious chance of getting the nomination. If you look at all the polls by demographic, Barack is beating Hilary a lot among white males, blacks, youngpeople, and some women. Hilary just doesn't seem to have that appeal, when it comes down to it, I think men, who are basically all politics are run, willvote for a black man before they vote for a woman. BARACK FTW!

the real question should be....how the hell did GWB take the whitehouse for 8 friggin' years?

Originally Posted by KICKS OFF

the real question should be....how the hell did GWB take the whitehouse for 8 friggin' years?

Because the majority of the United States are Republican and liberal on the war in Iraq.
Back to the subject, basically it's because we are counting on Bill, who was a pretty good president to help Hilary on being a good president.

I think people would vote for Hilary because she has experience. She was with Bill so she knows how it works.

I think she would be a good choice imo.

Ive yet to hear either of the Dems talk about how they are going to get all this "change" done with a split congress and Senate, the Dems havent doneanything since gaining control of congress. How can anyone vote for these people promising change when thats not what is going to be going on? Whoever iselected is going to be correcting Bush's problems he set up. And Obama's "lets sit down and talk about it" isnt going to cut it. McCain isgoing to destroy and expose either one of these clowns in a debate like it isnt even funny.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Because the majority of the United States are Republican and liberal on the war in Iraq.

What does this even mean?

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

What does this even mean?

The majority of the United States agree with Bush's views.

You got stats to back that up (and the fact he won re-election is not a stat)? Last time i checked, his poll numbers contradict what you're saying.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Ive yet to hear either of the Dems talk about how they are going to get all this "change" done

Obama hasn't given us a cheep. He's just working that charismatic charm. And it's working too.
tired.gif

McCain has no charisma, is old as dirt, doesn't have the full confidence of his own party, supports a prolonged stay in Iraq and he can't spell theword economy in a recession election.....hes going to get walked through by either Democratic nominee. Especially Barack "Rockstar" Obama....

George_W._Bush_public_opinion_polling.png

The blue lines represent the people who are for Bush.
The red ones are against.
The green ones are unsure.
His polls started going downhill AFTER he got re-elected.

And re-election has to do with what? Does that mean America had more Democrats when Clinton was in office? The difference in elections like these recent twolies in swing voters. The swing went in Bush's favor in 2004. It doesn't mean anything in the long run though. I know life-long Republicans who votedfor Kerry, and I know bigtime Dems who voted for Bush.

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Ive yet to hear either of the Dems talk about how they are going to get all this "change" done

Obama hasn't given us a cheep. He's just working that charismatic charm. And it's working too.
tired.gif

Exactly, which is why this guy is nothing more than a novelty and is setting himself up to be a disappointment, CHANGE? yea right, there will be no change,he still has to address the war, that isnt going away and he still has to address to economy, i havent heard him once lay out a plan as to how he is going toachieve either one of these. this isnt a dictatorship and he doesnt control everything, he will be dealing with a split congress that will get nothing done.Going around promising free health care, how are you going to get that done?

As you can see in the polls, during Bush's campaign for re-election, he was STILL favorable among the United States. Obviously, if Bush was stillfavorable, then that would mean the majority of the United States agree with his views and vote for him for re-election.

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

VARISOXFAN wrote:

tired.gif

Exactly, he's giving us all these promises to sucker in votes, which I doubt he can get done and/or has the power to do. I don't trust this man onebit...

Originally Posted by houser34

^That's real interesting. Look at the enormous spike in September '01.

I think what's even more interesting is that I'm I'm reading that right and those lines are "on par", then it looks like the big spikeactually took off in mid/late-august and peaked at 9/11, and started a decline.

What the hell happened in mid/late-august that would've caused that much of a jump?

That's why I wonder if I'm reading that map right. That doesn't make sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom