Will Lacrosse ever become a Major Sport?

I don't ever see Pro Lacrosse being as popular as College though. College Lacrosse is very exciting to watch but Idk if it'll ever become as big as College Ball.

Discuss.

I don't ever see Pro Lacrosse being as popular as College though. College Lacrosse is very exciting to watch but Idk if it'll ever become as big as College Ball.

Discuss.

Absolutely not, and I love lacrosse.

It has too much working against it. Competes with baseball in the spring, kids who would be interested rather play football, not a lucrative pro career available compared to the major sports, the stigma against it that a lot can't get past, and it simply isn't popular enough across the country.

There needs to be better programs to get kids behind it, because it shares a lot of the same qualities that attract players to football but a lot either don't know about it or look down on it.

Absolutely not, and I love lacrosse.

It has too much working against it. Competes with baseball in the spring, kids who would be interested rather play football, not a lucrative pro career available compared to the major sports, the stigma against it that a lot can't get past, and it simply isn't popular enough across the country.

There needs to be better programs to get kids behind it, because it shares a lot of the same qualities that attract players to football but a lot either don't know about it or look down on it.

I doubt it. Mainly because college lacrosse is rarely on tv outside of tournament time, so you don't have the opportunity to get to know certain players, the teams and become their fans.

I doubt it. Mainly because college lacrosse is rarely on tv outside of tournament time, so you don't have the opportunity to get to know certain players, the teams and become their fans.

Watch it once and you will like it

But it will never get huge but it will keep expanding out west and it's already getting bigger. A lot more kids are getting recruited out west now.

Watch it once and you will like it

But it will never get huge but it will keep expanding out west and it's already getting bigger. A lot more kids are getting recruited out west now.

Lacrosse is
indifferent.gif
IMO

Kids on the lacrosse team at school used to get it poppin though
pimp.gif

Lacrosse is
indifferent.gif
IMO

Kids on the lacrosse team at school used to get it poppin though
pimp.gif

seems like only rich kids play this sport, like volleyball. so i dont see it getting any bigger

seems like only rich kids play this sport, like volleyball. so i dont see it getting any bigger

I love the game, as I played for many years and still pick up a stick from time to time. It's a fun, fast paced game and numerous goals can be scored in seconds, unlike hockey or soccer which are lot slower. I think lacrosse has a negative vibe too it, many think only wealthy kids play and of course due to that they feel it's a "priveldged" game.

I've seen a lot more middle class areas on the Northeast catching on and producing great talent, which was rare only a few years ago as the wealthiest towns usually fielded the best teams. It's even caught on in urban areas in Connecticut.

It involves alot of athleticism, speed and coordination, which of course aren't skills limited to wealthy people. I agree it costs a lot for gear, but once schools and youth organizations start providing the gear for free or at a smaller fee I think the sport will explode and you will see people of all backgrounds playing.

As far as mainstream, who knows what will happen. You never know if the sport can take off at a major level, it all depends. I'll say this though, the game is called the fastest game on two feet and it's very exciting, so it has everything to become popular. It's still widely unknown outside of the East coast and parts of California, so once it catches on to other areas it may explode.

As far as it being a "white person" sport, if any of you know about lacrosse you'd know the best player ever was actually african american. Jim Brown. Yes the same Jim Brown who played in the NFL.

I love the game, as I played for many years and still pick up a stick from time to time. It's a fun, fast paced game and numerous goals can be scored in seconds, unlike hockey or soccer which are lot slower. I think lacrosse has a negative vibe too it, many think only wealthy kids play and of course due to that they feel it's a "priveldged" game.

I've seen a lot more middle class areas on the Northeast catching on and producing great talent, which was rare only a few years ago as the wealthiest towns usually fielded the best teams. It's even caught on in urban areas in Connecticut.

It involves alot of athleticism, speed and coordination, which of course aren't skills limited to wealthy people. I agree it costs a lot for gear, but once schools and youth organizations start providing the gear for free or at a smaller fee I think the sport will explode and you will see people of all backgrounds playing.

As far as mainstream, who knows what will happen. You never know if the sport can take off at a major level, it all depends. I'll say this though, the game is called the fastest game on two feet and it's very exciting, so it has everything to become popular. It's still widely unknown outside of the East coast and parts of California, so once it catches on to other areas it may explode.

As far as it being a "white person" sport, if any of you know about lacrosse you'd know the best player ever was actually african american. Jim Brown. Yes the same Jim Brown who played in the NFL.

It's exclusive and selective, the way the parents like it.

and yes, I know Jim Brown is considered the GOAT.

It's exclusive and selective, the way the parents like it.

and yes, I know Jim Brown is considered the GOAT.

lol at lacrosse being "faster" than hockey...you wish

The sport will never be mainstream because the four already mainstream sports dominate it in entertainment value.

Back
Top Bottom