Will Lacrosse ever become a Major Sport?

lol at lacrosse being "faster" than hockey...you wish

The sport will never be mainstream because the four already mainstream sports dominate it in entertainment value.

PoloLax wrote:

As far as it being a "white person" sport, if any of you know about lacrosse you'd know the best player ever was actually african american. Jim Brown. Yes the same Jim Brown who played in the NFL.
I actually knew this, Jim Brown was an ATHLETE. He had love for all sports.
He played tennis against andre agassi when agassi was 10 and according to the autobiography, Brown was good, but was no match for andre as he got hustled for i think 500 dollars 
laugh.gif

back to the topic, Lacrosse has some work to do but i have full respect for it since ive tried playing it and its not easy.

PoloLax wrote:

As far as it being a "white person" sport, if any of you know about lacrosse you'd know the best player ever was actually african american. Jim Brown. Yes the same Jim Brown who played in the NFL.
I actually knew this, Jim Brown was an ATHLETE. He had love for all sports.
He played tennis against andre agassi when agassi was 10 and according to the autobiography, Brown was good, but was no match for andre as he got hustled for i think 500 dollars 
laugh.gif

back to the topic, Lacrosse has some work to do but i have full respect for it since ive tried playing it and its not easy.

Didn't they start a national league that failed? I believe Reebok was a main sponsor. Not sure if it will ever hit huge, considering soccer still can't get completely over when so many things have fallen in place. But cool sport to watch, very similar to hockey on grass (not as cool). Not sure about being quicker as well, the ball travels up the field quick but the guys don't move nearly as fast as the ice

Didn't they start a national league that failed? I believe Reebok was a main sponsor. Not sure if it will ever hit huge, considering soccer still can't get completely over when so many things have fallen in place. But cool sport to watch, very similar to hockey on grass (not as cool). Not sure about being quicker as well, the ball travels up the field quick but the guys don't move nearly as fast as the ice

It Can and it will,
the best way that i can tell people why is that Lacrosse now is similar to College football in the 20's 30's & 40's. Extremely popular compared to the Pro's and the people who do play pro Lax have another job that they do, wether it is coaching or camps, etc. they play pro lacrosse for the love of it.
but lacrosse has a generation that are teens right now, that could easily make it on the same level of hockey in 8-10 years if they pro leagues are promoted/ran correctly.

It Can and it will,
the best way that i can tell people why is that Lacrosse now is similar to College football in the 20's 30's & 40's. Extremely popular compared to the Pro's and the people who do play pro Lax have another job that they do, wether it is coaching or camps, etc. they play pro lacrosse for the love of it.
but lacrosse has a generation that are teens right now, that could easily make it on the same level of hockey in 8-10 years if they pro leagues are promoted/ran correctly.

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Never, too poor of athletes to draw major attention.
Poor athletes? You kidding me? How come NT only thinks football players and basketball players are the only "athletes."

You ever play the game?

Poor athletes? You kidding me? How come NT only thinks football players and basketball players are the only "athletes."

You ever play the game?

About the whole lacrosse being for rich kids, its truee
laugh.gif
Normal lower-middle class kids growing up in the NE play baseball in the spring and into the summer, then football at the end of the summer and the fall
laugh.gif
There's just no room for lacrosse--which is just hockey without skates
laugh.gif
And for whoever said it could be as popular as hockey in 8-10 years.....
indifferent.gif
Maybe it's because I live in Boston and hockey is HUGE, but I never hear of anyone talking about lacrosse EVER unless they're on the team. It's completely irrelevant and real athletes want to play real sports...therefore i agree with the notion of lacrosse players not being as good of athletes as the ones participating in the major sports. If you're athletically gifted, why would you choose to play lacrosse when you can play a sport that people care about? Same for soccer in the States. No one cares about that %!%% so the best athletes aren't going to be attracted to it.

Dudes who play lacrosse will be butthurt but the fact remains that no one cares about lacrosse. It's a simplified version of hockey

About the whole lacrosse being for rich kids, its truee
laugh.gif
Normal lower-middle class kids growing up in the NE play baseball in the spring and into the summer, then football at the end of the summer and the fall
laugh.gif
There's just no room for lacrosse--which is just hockey without skates
laugh.gif
And for whoever said it could be as popular as hockey in 8-10 years.....
indifferent.gif
Maybe it's because I live in Boston and hockey is HUGE, but I never hear of anyone talking about lacrosse EVER unless they're on the team. It's completely irrelevant and real athletes want to play real sports...therefore i agree with the notion of lacrosse players not being as good of athletes as the ones participating in the major sports. If you're athletically gifted, why would you choose to play lacrosse when you can play a sport that people care about? Same for soccer in the States. No one cares about that %!%% so the best athletes aren't going to be attracted to it.

Dudes who play lacrosse will be butthurt but the fact remains that no one cares about lacrosse. It's a simplified version of hockey

Originally Posted by PoloLax

You ever play the game?

in fact i did. i picked up the game 3 weeks before tryouts my senior year along with 4 others who consider the athletes a joke. we all made the team simply because we were bigger, stronger, faster, quicker. very easy game to play, basically a gym class activity more than a sport. 4 of us quit bc we just wanted to prove a point.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

You ever play the game?

in fact i did. i picked up the game 3 weeks before tryouts my senior year along with 4 others who consider the athletes a joke. we all made the team simply because we were bigger, stronger, faster, quicker. very easy game to play, basically a gym class activity more than a sport. 4 of us quit bc we just wanted to prove a point.

BEFORE Y'ALL SAY THAT LACROSSE WAS INVENTED BY THE INDIANS BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, YES THIS IS TRUE BUT THE REAL TRUTH:

Lacrosse is for kids that suck at baseball.

BEFORE Y'ALL SAY THAT LACROSSE WAS INVENTED BY THE INDIANS BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, YES THIS IS TRUE BUT THE REAL TRUTH:

Lacrosse is for kids that suck at baseball.

It all depends on where you're from, down here in South Florida lacrosse was a joke in high school and the kids who were on the team were the ones who couldn't make it into the major sports teams. But as you go further north into regions like Maryland and northern Virginia you'll see that it's huge in the prep schools of those areas and only the best athletes can compete there.

It all depends on where you're from, down here in South Florida lacrosse was a joke in high school and the kids who were on the team were the ones who couldn't make it into the major sports teams. But as you go further north into regions like Maryland and northern Virginia you'll see that it's huge in the prep schools of those areas and only the best athletes can compete there.

^no sir.
laugh.gif
in Northern VA, the worst athletes in the schools are playing lacrosse just like in your FL.

^no sir.
laugh.gif
in Northern VA, the worst athletes in the schools are playing lacrosse just like in your FL.

Back
Top Bottom