Working a 9-5 sucks hOW DO PEOPLE DO THIS

So much truth in this post. Its really important to look forward to activities outside of work. Work cant be your life. Even if your enjoy your work, you need other things ouside of it to enjoy.

What do you guys usually do?

Usually after work im super exhausted. I just eat with my girl and go workout and by the time im done its already 11:00 pm and gotta hit the sack. Really getting tired of repetition lol

Can't see myself working the regular *** job for the rest of my life breh.. Just can't.....

And yes I am doing something to avoid it.

Last edited:
I've been doing the 9-5 almost my whole adult life. Right now, I'm starting a new position doing social work. 7-5 pm with every other Friday off. I usually hit the gym before hand so I have the rest of the afternoon after work. You just gotta find things to do after work to keep things interesting.

What do you guys usually do?

Usually after work im super exhausted. I just eat with my girl and go workout and by the time im done its already 11:00 pm and gotta hit the sack. Really getting tired of repetition lol
I'm a gym freak so I go as often as possible. When I'm not there, I'm with my girl. Somedays she comes with for Zumba. During the week we usually just go out to eat. Sometimes one of our families is doing something. Aside from random trips to target or something, the week is usually chill especially now that school is out for her.

Weekends she's ALWAYS trying to do something so we stay active. This past weekend we stayed with my family down in Ventnor at our shore house. Hit the AC outlets, hung out with family and friends and relaxed. Woke up the next day to go to the zoo and camp with her family then BBQ at my crib for Memorial Day so it was a busy weekend. Usually we'll hit the mall if we haven't been in a while, catch a movie, go to the park, dinner, etc. Nicer weather means more opportunites to do cool stuff so I'm pumped.

Without her? Basketball with some friends if we can get a game or head to the gym and play some pickup. I rarely get alone time anymore so I have no problem staying in, reading, NT'ing, Xbox, etc. Want to get around to writing and picking up some more creative hobbies.

Having a career versus just a job makes a world of difference imo. It does something for your work morale for sure.

But if the environment is hostile then I can see it being difficult either way.

Having a career versus just a job makes a world of difference imo. It does something for your work morale for sure.

But if the environment is hostile then I can see it being difficult either way.

My supervisor belittles me just because im the youngest one in our company and shes not a leader.. she's just a boss who got lucky in her position by being a family friend of our CFO.

And the amount of power tripping that goes down at my company is UNREAL.. but I have to suck it in and stick it out at least for a year.

But then what do i expect from working in an asian "corporate" company. :x :smh:

Last edited:
I guess its my career. I made a move from SECURITY TO IT and have been happy with my decision. I enjoy what i do, office perks aint too bad, eye candy is mediocre but my manager is cool and most of my co workers are executives so it makes it easier to work without people attempting to sabatoge your stay.

Last edited:
All this "Follow your dreams and don't accept mediocrity" stuff is straight lulz to me. Especially from the dude who's 21 and has a year of college under his belt (no disrespect, you do you).

Some people enjoy working in an office. Some people enjoy working outside. Some people want to be their own their own boss and own their own company. Some people just want to do good work and go home.

There's no right or wrong answer to this. If the office/9-5 life works for you, then keep on rocking. If it doesn't, then try something else.

I'm not condemning anybody for their life choices. Some people wanna be ball players, some wanna be accountants, some wanna be construction workers, some wanna be teachers. Like you said, there's no right answer.

I'm simply saying if you hate your life, do something about. Some people accept misery because they think it's the only option because they don't see themselves as capable of achieving more.

You get one go around and it'd be a damn shame spending it rotting away in some place you can't stand because you think it's "just the way it is".

I see a lot of dudes accept misery because of PTSS (Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome).

They haven't broken the chains of psychological slavery.

Before my cubicle job, which has great pay. I worked minimum wage jobs my whole life never had enough money to do anything. Just smoke everyday and do nothing. That was boring. Now I'm making money enjoying what i do. But this life isn't for some people though

But I know some dudes who have degrees but still I'm the party promo game. I'm sure there's other side hustles but they look like they're enjoying life based off their IGs lol

@Fontaine That consulting firm idea sounds A-1. That's something I would like to do, and it's all about linking up with the right people.

But on the real, I want to be a full time investor/rapper.
Future Ricky
House-of-Lies-HD-Wallpapers.jpeg

I don't do a 9 to 5 as I have more flexibility and I'm not stuck in the office all the time but just having a job to go to everyday is a tough life.  The Leons and Domingos have it made and have better lives.

What frustrates me most about my 9-5 is that I'm in the office every damn day ,but I could literally do 95% of my work from my house. Actually there's a girl who's "sick" who's been working from home (or wherever she is) since December.

I don't "hate" the 9-5 life but I do hate how you're time is controlled. 2-3 days of telework and a salary increase would make it a LOT more tolerable.

What frustrates me most about my 9-5 is that I'm in the office every damn day ,but I could literally do 95% of my work from my house. Actually there's a girl who's "sick" who's been working from home (or wherever she is) since December.

I don't "hate" the 9-5 life but I do hate how you're time is controlled. 2-3 days of telework and a salary increase would make it a LOT more tolerable.

How do you get away with being sick for so long? Must have a legit doctors note/claim or something that's wild.

I'll be transitioning from a full time job that leads no where to an office job (9-5) in July. I will take this office job over my current job anyday and I literally do nothing at my current job. I'm just tired of doing nothing and feeling like I am wasting my days away. Good thing about the office is we have a TV and we can do whatever we want practically. Just as long as the work gets done on time and correctly. Breaks are however long you want it to be and can do whatever it takes to stay sane in the office 
happy.gif

I spark up every day after work...and smoke till I'm sleep.
I think I'ma start doing this
I do this after every single shift bruh.

Got dumb _____, enough to last me till humanity repopulates after Y2K.

Ridiculous lifted. Calms my nerves and gets me mentally and physically prepared to tackle the next day.

Just moved to the 4-10's shift
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom