Working two jobs AND in college...?

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

this is community college and not real college right?

2bsdo2.png

Wow, I'm so glad I got scholarships and family to pay for college. I'll probably work for my grad school tuition though.

Good luck OP and everyone else.

Wow, I'm so glad I got scholarships and family to pay for college. I'll probably work for my grad school tuition though.

Good luck OP and everyone else.

Im gonna be doing the EXACT same thing...I start my first job next week and then my second job in about two weeks and then start school in the fall....but I think ill be able to work through it! Best of luck to you!!

Im gonna be doing the EXACT same thing...I start my first job next week and then my second job in about two weeks and then start school in the fall....but I think ill be able to work through it! Best of luck to you!!

Your social life may take a hit, but depending on your major I think it's quite manageable.

If you're studying something that is taxing in time just know that either your work performance or grades will suffer.

Best of luck!

Your social life may take a hit, but depending on your major I think it's quite manageable.

If you're studying something that is taxing in time just know that either your work performance or grades will suffer.

Best of luck!

Listen, education is nothing to test around with because there is no rescissions. If you feel you can't balance 2 jobs and good grades, always put grades as your #1 priority. That's your future, you can sacrifice a little now for your and your family's future. Take a loan if possible, it'll pay off in the long run. Have faith in yourself, maybe it'll be the perfect balance for you. I was able to balance an internship, catering, and being a full time student. I wouldn't say its the easiest thing to pull off, but we do what we gotta do to stay above water and on top of the game.

Listen, education is nothing to test around with because there is no rescissions. If you feel you can't balance 2 jobs and good grades, always put grades as your #1 priority. That's your future, you can sacrifice a little now for your and your family's future. Take a loan if possible, it'll pay off in the long run. Have faith in yourself, maybe it'll be the perfect balance for you. I was able to balance an internship, catering, and being a full time student. I wouldn't say its the easiest thing to pull off, but we do what we gotta do to stay above water and on top of the game.

It'll be worth it man but you need to make sure that you have a balance, but the emphasis being on your grades.

I work between 40 and 48 hours a week overnight and have not taken anything less than 15 credits worth of classes per semester since I've been in school.

I will tell you this tho, if you do this, you will burnout at least once, and I'm saying this from experience. Also your social life will take a major hit, but if you have good friends they'll understand your hustle.

There are going to be times where you ask yourself why you are doing this but as long as you keep your grades in check, it'll be worth it.

2 more years until my bachelor's
pimp.gif

It'll be worth it man but you need to make sure that you have a balance, but the emphasis being on your grades.

I work between 40 and 48 hours a week overnight and have not taken anything less than 15 credits worth of classes per semester since I've been in school.

I will tell you this tho, if you do this, you will burnout at least once, and I'm saying this from experience. Also your social life will take a major hit, but if you have good friends they'll understand your hustle.

There are going to be times where you ask yourself why you are doing this but as long as you keep your grades in check, it'll be worth it.

2 more years until my bachelor's
pimp.gif

tired.gif
 Considering doing this when I start grad school part time in the not too distant future. I have a full-time position right now which does partial tuition assistance but I can't afford to cover whats left of tuition, rent, books, supplies, etc. 

tired.gif
 Considering doing this when I start grad school part time in the not too distant future. I have a full-time position right now which does partial tuition assistance but I can't afford to cover whats left of tuition, rent, books, supplies, etc. 

I work a full-time 9-5 job, and I took 15 units last semester at a Cal-State school. I ended up with three As and two Bs for the spring semester with mostly upper division classes. I felt that my work took some hit because I would call in sick during finals week to prepare. My social life pretty much disappeared because I would spend my time studying or just resting. If I didn't rest or took time to myself, I would have burnt out. The key is balance, and it is dooable. It is very rewarding after completing a semester.  It feels good knowing that I'm getting close to earning my degree  
pimp.gif

I work a full-time 9-5 job, and I took 15 units last semester at a Cal-State school. I ended up with three As and two Bs for the spring semester with mostly upper division classes. I felt that my work took some hit because I would call in sick during finals week to prepare. My social life pretty much disappeared because I would spend my time studying or just resting. If I didn't rest or took time to myself, I would have burnt out. The key is balance, and it is dooable. It is very rewarding after completing a semester.  It feels good knowing that I'm getting close to earning my degree  
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Thanks guys!

Parents was going through bankruptcy and that time, I had to do what I needed to do to help out my family.

Paid for my books and my tuition and practically gave my parents my checks.

I still thank God everyday though for keeping the family together and strong!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
 good man right here 

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Thanks guys!

Parents was going through bankruptcy and that time, I had to do what I needed to do to help out my family.

Paid for my books and my tuition and practically gave my parents my checks.

I still thank God everyday though for keeping the family together and strong!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
 good man right here 

Back
Top Bottom