Would a boardwide #NT summit be possible? Vol. Vegas Vacation July 8-10???

laugh.gif
at some of you guys not realizing how out of control this would be. Some of you guys are very immature online, imagine you guys in real life? Especially in a party or outside with 20,000+ people? This would be possible, I just don't know if the NT staff is willing to get this going.

laugh.gif
at some of you guys not realizing how out of control this would be. Some of you guys are very immature online, imagine you guys in real life? Especially in a party or outside with 20,000+ people? This would be possible, I just don't know if the NT staff is willing to get this going.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 21 World B Free 21

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Originally Posted by backpacker23

Originally Posted by Diego

I'd much rather go with my actual friends on a trip..however I think the best idea is a sneaker convention (ie. comicon). Sneaker makers having booths big and small having booths, making announcements, resellers having booths, new product/new technology announcements etc.  Has anythhing of that scale ever been tried? I would need an actual reason to hang out with most of 99.9% of you.

Seriously though, you talkin like we would miss your presence.
Go to sleep.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  this dude dont know squad. He probably just joined NT and knows nothing about the history of this great board. Someone should get this started. Where is a Mod when you need one? Dirty? or maybe even Method. If they organized it I think this would become a reality
tongue.gif
So i've been a member almost 4 years longer than you and your going to try and give me a history lesson?? If you knew anything you could have figured that out for your self.

Let me ask this...given that 99% of us live an hour or much further from vegas and have limited budgets and limited time what option what would you pick

1. Go to vegas with your boys or even just descent friends
2. Go to vegas with hundreds or even thousands of other dudes 99% of which you have never met other than through the internet and have nothing in common that you know about nevermind trying to get that amount of people into a club

If you would pick 2 you have serious real life problems and need to log off and go to sleep...sorry to pop your fantasy post bubble.

This post has come up plenty of times through the years and nothing has or will happen

My point was simply this, rather than saying oh I want to go [place] to hang out with strangers (seriously what are you going to do in vegas with that many people for a weekend, have breakout sessions hah?) that the smarter idea is to have a better reason to be there (a combination of what E3 is to video games, comicon is to comics, baseball card convention etc). Its worked pretty successful on the smaller scale from city to city and has a much better chance of success than a random NT summit. Get other stakeholders whho have a monetary interest in what we do to get involved and put up some money/product. From Nike to smaller manufactures to custom shoe makers, people can showcase their stuff, people who want to resell their stuff or accessories can accessories. Have informational sessions, a reason to be there rather than spend a weekend just hanging with strangers....Its a ton of work to organize but realistically this is the only way this will happen with any scale.
Son, If you dont know, dont speak. Just because my current name says I got it in 07 it does not mean I been here since then. I was on this board in 01, when you were barely playing with your Nintendo DS, So please do your research before you say anything. So you been here for for a while you should already know how many people have posted this exact thread only to get nowhere. I agree with you, about someone sponsoring this event. That why I called upon the mods and admins, seeing as they might have some kind of connects to get something like this going.

I'd much rather go with my actual friends on a trip..however I think the best idea is a sneaker convention (ie. comicon). Sneaker makers having booths big and small having booths, making announcements, resellers having booths, new product/new technology announcements etc.  Has anythhing of that scale ever been tried? I would need an actual reason to hang out with most of 99.9% of you.

Go to sleep.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  this dude dont know squad. He probably just joined NT and knows nothing about the history of this great board. Someone should get this started. Where is a Mod when you need one? Dirty? or maybe even Method. If they organized it I think this would become a reality
tongue.gif
So i've been a member almost 4 years longer than you and your going to try and give me a history lesson?? If you knew anything you could have figured that out for your self.

Let me ask this...given that 99% of us live an hour or much further from vegas and have limited budgets and limited time what option what would you pick

2. Go to vegas with hundreds or even thousands of other dudes 99% of which you have never met other than through the internet and have nothing in common that you know about nevermind trying to get that amount of people into a club

If you would pick 2 you have serious real life problems and need to log off and go to sleep...sorry to pop your fantasy post bubble.

This post has come up plenty of times through the years and nothing has or will happen

My point was simply this, rather than saying oh I want to go [place] to hang out with strangers (seriously what are you going to do in vegas with that many people for a weekend, have breakout sessions hah?) that the smarter idea is to have a better reason to be there (a combination of what E3 is to video games, comicon is to comics, baseball card convention etc). Its worked pretty successful on the smaller scale from city to city and has a much better chance of success than a random NT summit. Get other stakeholders whho have a monetary interest in what we do to get involved and put up some money/product. From Nike to smaller manufactures to custom shoe makers, people can showcase their stuff, people who want to resell their stuff or accessories can accessories. Have informational sessions, a reason to be there rather than spend a weekend just hanging with strangers....Its a ton of work to organize but realistically this is the only way this will happen with any scale.
Son, If you dont know, dont speak. Just because my current name says I got it in 07 it does not mean I been here since then. I was on this board in 01, when you were barely playing with your Nintendo DS, So please do your research before you say anything. So you been here for for a while you should already know how many people have posted this exact thread only to get nowhere. I agree with you, about someone sponsoring this event. That why I called upon the mods and admins, seeing as they might have some kind of connects to get something like this going.

For the people criticizing, why are yall even here. If you think it'll be a bad idea who cares? Like many already said.... Its trip to Vegas so regardless of whatever negatives you can think of, it will still be a fun trip. If you're worried because you won't know anyone, this aint for you. If you're anti social stay home! But if you mess with sneakers, are cool peoples, and got money to make the trip come out and enjoy.

BTW... The NTFL summit 2 weeks ago was fun as hell. There was no fighting, very organized, and everyone was cool. Those who missed out probably were not on Twitter cuz we blasted the Summit Info on there for months. But if you wanna come out this Spring you're more than welcome. Lets keep up the momentum going and represent NTFL even better than before. There is a post on the Regional boards for those interested. You have no excuse not to show up if you want to go.

For the people criticizing, why are yall even here. If you think it'll be a bad idea who cares? Like many already said.... Its trip to Vegas so regardless of whatever negatives you can think of, it will still be a fun trip. If you're worried because you won't know anyone, this aint for you. If you're anti social stay home! But if you mess with sneakers, are cool peoples, and got money to make the trip come out and enjoy.

BTW... The NTFL summit 2 weeks ago was fun as hell. There was no fighting, very organized, and everyone was cool. Those who missed out probably were not on Twitter cuz we blasted the Summit Info on there for months. But if you wanna come out this Spring you're more than welcome. Lets keep up the momentum going and represent NTFL even better than before. There is a post on the Regional boards for those interested. You have no excuse not to show up if you want to go.

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

Only dude who can pull this off... Ben Baller!! But he probably doesn't wanna do it.

i wouldn't blame him either
laugh.gif

setting something up isn't that hard though.  people go to vegas all the time from all parts of the country, plan it out a year in advance and just have every member go with their friends or what not and whoever goes goes and all the members that do make it just go do stuff for a day in vegas.  it's vegas so there's gonna be stuff to do.   as is the case with any summit, the majorty will say they plan to go only to flake so screw them,  whoever goes goes and just do it with whatever amount of people actually are 100% willing to go

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

Only dude who can pull this off... Ben Baller!! But he probably doesn't wanna do it.

i wouldn't blame him either
laugh.gif

setting something up isn't that hard though.  people go to vegas all the time from all parts of the country, plan it out a year in advance and just have every member go with their friends or what not and whoever goes goes and all the members that do make it just go do stuff for a day in vegas.  it's vegas so there's gonna be stuff to do.   as is the case with any summit, the majorty will say they plan to go only to flake so screw them,  whoever goes goes and just do it with whatever amount of people actually are 100% willing to go

Go to sleep.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
tongue.gif

<kanye>All my Ns from the Chi, that's my family dog And my Ns ain't my guys, they my family dog I feel like one day you'll understand me dog You can still love your man and be manly dog</kanye>

We don't want you and you pessimistic self anyways. Some of us NTers are pretty damn close to each other online or IRL.

And you strike me as the guy who has your homies and is all set. What's wrong with meeting strangers and making MORE friends?

Basically, get Lil B there and we're set.

Go to sleep.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
tongue.gif

<kanye>All my Ns from the Chi, that's my family dog And my Ns ain't my guys, they my family dog I feel like one day you'll understand me dog You can still love your man and be manly dog</kanye>

We don't want you and you pessimistic self anyways. Some of us NTers are pretty damn close to each other online or IRL.

And you strike me as the guy who has your homies and is all set. What's wrong with meeting strangers and making MORE friends?

Basically, get Lil B there and we're set.

Back
Top Bottom