would the true blue 3 from 2001 lose value now?

If this happened to you XI's, these will most definitely happen to your III's.

It's just a shoe, not a stock or bond. It should be about personal value not monetary value. Just wear your shoes before age tears them apart and youcan't wear them anyway or put them in a nice display case so you can enjoy them.

Because of age, quality, box and overall value of True Blues, they won't lose value. I'd be more willing to pay $300 for 01 True Blues than $150 fora RE-retro. Thats kinda like the original True Blue, the photocopied True Blue, and the photocopied True Blue of the photocopied True Blue. Haha if that makessense. It'll never live up to the OG.

YES - the price for the 2001 IIIs will drop- we have all seen it with the CDP retros- all the older retros started coming up for sell at hella good prices... iwould rather have the older retros...i know i will pay alittle more for them-than if i would just get a CDP pair- but thats just me. i am pickin up olderretros now at prices unreal....i really dont collect anymore, now every shoe i buy- i wear.

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

They will lose value.

exactly, so get over it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

It's a re-retro of a retro.

Y'all act like the 2001 release had NIKE AIR on the back.

lol.

Economically speaking, who the hell would pay 280+ for some 2001s to wear or collect, when the same joints are $130 GR in August.

They'll crack and yellow no matter how much you baby them.

They are IIIs.

lmao.

EXACTLY, no one can even tell a difference anymore....i got 01, they are cracking and have yellow tabs, im happy these are dropping, dont care what quality,if you dont expect anything great then you wont be let down

Originally Posted by Magical Kicks

The value of your '01 retros is definitely going down for many years to come. The demand for your '01 is going to tank further and further as we approach the release date of this new re-retro release. Especially because both the retro and re-retro have the same Jumpman logo on the back. There is essentially no differentiation between the two. Your pair is going to turn into a commodity. The lowest price wins. JB will be selling them for the low low compared to inflated '01 Retro prices and people are going to jump at that opportunity to cop.
Yep. Anyone who thinks differently is going to be sorely disappointed.
eyes.gif

lately i have been seeing people trying to sell their true blues. this explains it. they re-retroing it.

Originally Posted by chinaurge

There are so many unreleased colorways yet JB insists on re-retroing retros.

I agree whole heartedly.. Rather then bring out something new, or ad some twist.. disappointing.

I think it'll drop a bit at first - but as the re-retro value goes up, 01 retro will retain its value eventually.

A shoe is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. I know people in today's economy wont shell out huge money
for older shoes, when they can buy a brand knew version of it cheaper, and less likely to fall apart when they wear them.
They will still be authentic true blues also. I'm just gonna retire my 01's, and wear the 09's.

Value will stay the same, but it will be hard to sell them unless you take a loss.

of course they will.... or should I say have already? a lot of them joints from 01 have became yellowed in some places or will soon enough. Don't seeanyone paying major guap for unless they are a collector.

Eventually they will go down. Especially since there is no visual difference. But that will be good for me, so I can cop a pair of 01's. Definitely wont bebuying the retro in August.

In theory though, if there are more people like me who still want the 01's, and will not buy the 09's, then they may not drop significantly.

Back
Top Bottom