Would you have an issue with your wife keeping/hyphenating her last name

my mom kept her last name in her name, no hyphen just still there

We have it in our middle names I guess

gotta keep the spanish culture alive

Most of yall sayin it wouldnt be a problem....know dam well it WILL be a problem.

Long as my lil boy can keep passin on my last name, wich is rich in culture and well respected, my girl can do whatever she wants wit her last name.

But if shes gona have MY last name, she better hold it down in a real proper way.

On the coo, at the end of the day most men will feel some type of way if she dont want your last name.

Last edited:
Yes, that paperwork would be annoying, and if she's anything like me, she would not feel like doing that mess.

My cousin brought up a good point, that tradition started because the women legally became the man's property, or something like that. I wonder if women are aware of this.

In my culture, whoever makes the more money is the name you take...I live in the United States and that's how it's been around here for some generations

My wife brought it up for a second but I wasn't with it. She take this d she taking this name too.
Hyphenating makes it too complicated for me. I see it as extra for no reason. We become one, so one name.
My wife becomes under my leadership and authority. If we do that to the kids and they get married and wanna
hyphenate they already hyphenated name, how long they names gone be? Scantron gonna be looking obese than a muuhhh.

I cool with bending or doing away with some traditions. Its ultimately up to the couple. For me that's a tradition I wanted to keep.
(Weddings should be under 1k and should only rise due to the amount of guests btw. People put more into they
wedding than they marriage. See divorce rates in US for proof.)

Last edited:
I'd honestly just prefer she keep her last name, instead of that hyphenated half-assed ****, if keeping her last name was that important to her.  I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't feel some type of way, but it wouldn't be enough to be a deal breaker. 

My kids will have my last name and only my last name though. 

Last edited:
Unless my name was of lannister fame/rep, I wouldn't give one damn. As far as our kid, I'd like the idea of the hyphen, but honestly I'd like to start a new family name maybe

Another point that i brought up in another thread, is a relationship equal, or is the man the head of the household? It's like society makes us bounce back and forth, on one hand we're expected to be dominant and in another situation we'd be called 'too old fashioned' or controlling for wanting to be dominant. So which is it? Equal or is the man the leader?

That point about whoever makes the most money is interesting.

I think we can all agree, the only thing worse than kepping/hyphenating the name is the joint Facebook account. Nah ***. I ain't having that.

Some other threads that I want to make are 'are you OK with your girl wearing revealing/tight clothes'
and 'are you OK with your girl dancing with guys at the club/parties'

I find that holding on to tradition in this evolved society is causing LOTS of problems. It seems that a lot of it revolves around women wanting their cake and eating it too.

Last edited:
Another point that i brought up in another thread, is a relationship equal, or is the man the head of the household? It's like society makes us bounce back and forth, on one hand we're expected to be dominant and in another situation we'd be called 'too old fashioned' or controlling for wanting to be dominant. So which is it? Equal or is the man the leader?

That point about whoever makes the most money is interesting.

I think we can all agree, the only thing worse than kepping/hyphenating the name is the joint Facebook account. Nah ***. I ain't having that.

Some other threads that I want to make are 'are you OK with your girl wearing revealing/tight clothes'
and 'are you OK with your girl dancing with guys at the club/parties'

I find that holding on to tradition in this evolved society is causing LOTS of problems. It seems that a lot of it revolves around women wanting their cake and eating it too.

Put it this way...in a relationship, the couple absolutely NEEDS to be on the same page. Whether it's things being equal (which, I think it should), or otherwise. If not, you're setting yourself up for a potential headache down the road one way or another.

lots of guys saying they would have a problem with it probably couldn't even tell you why.
'because... uh... that's the way it is'

edit: i just asked a dude this and he said 'yeah i'd have an issue' and when i asked him why 'because this is america and that's what we do', we both just started laughing.

Last edited:

At the begining dutch is the only way to go papi

Lets do chic fi la at least

So you would want a b*tch for a husband?

Whats with females not wanting to share their husbands last name, though? - Page 3 http://niketalk.com/t/224127/whats-...g-to-share-their-husbands-last-name-though/60

Naw I dont plan on marrying a female dog

I want his last name, I also want him to want something from me.

We all should just do that that couple and makeup a new last name.

Last edited:
Dont even care, patriarchal society.

Kids will get my name without all that hyphen tomfoolery

It's pretty common here for young married couples to just keep their original last names. No name changing at all.

Its so sweet when you guys pick and choose when you want to be traditional

"Lets keep it traditional. I take your last name"

"Sure honey"

"Im traditional Im waiting for marriage"
It's 2016

The game was forever changed when social media took off

Game changed again with Tinder

Hard to think about Prude Jenny when Going Becky is slinging top and then some

And Becky's are flanking you on all sides in a 50+ mile radius in a decently sized city.

Last edited:
My wife brought it up for a second but I wasn't with it. She take this d she taking this name too.
Hyphenating makes it too complicated for me. I see it as extra for no reason. We become one, so one name.
My wife becomes under my leadership and authority.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smh: :stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom