Would you have an issue with your wife keeping/hyphenating her last name

In all of my 2 real relationships both WANTED my last name.

I'm not with that keepin your last name ****.

Seems like a stand I don't have the patience for.

I've heard of couples creating a new last name based on a combination of both their last names

something like brooks + williams = brilliams 

Last edited:
She wanted my last name and changed it as soon as she could. Her mom hyphenated her last name when she got married to my father-in-law so she thought my wife would do the same. She was salty when she didn't. Which made smile.

Also, I will be damned if my kids don't have my last name.

ksteezy ksteezy has his wife's last name. No biggie. It's 2016 and we progressive outchea.

Take my piece out your mouth and breath bro.

Anyways, mines hyphenated hers on her liscenced and passport, when asked she often just uses my last name alone.

Preference?...idk...if that *** is that big an issue in your marriage, perhaps you shouldn't be married....only time last names matter to me is when it'll come down to my kid.

Preference?...idk...if that *** is that big an issue in your marriage, perhaps you shouldn't be married....only time last names matter to me is when it'll come down to my kid.

it was just a question b

no need to splatz out on me lol

Last edited:
I can understand when it comes to celebs. Their name is their brand.
Didn't Jay and Beyonce both hyphenate their name?
I remember Kris Humphreys was OD tight about Kim not wanting to change her name. Son was waaay too traditional for a big star like that.

Combining names just sounds silly.
The hyphenating of the same name is extra silly. (Chavez-Chavez)

Steezy just went full @Al Audi  
roll.gif

I remember Kris Humphreys was OD tight about Kim not wanting to change her name. Son was waaay too traditional for a big star like that.

Beyonce hyphenated her name. Jay didn't. He's wouldn't do some loser crap like hyphenate his wife's ls last name. Dude even took the hyphen out his rap name.

no shots at your wife but her reasoning sounds good but it still doesn't make any sense to me lol. it would probably make more sense for her to get something tatted IMO
Took me awhile to understand her reasoning being that I grew up with an alpha pops. You grow in marriage and empathy kicks in when you become better friends. As for tatts my sig is on the only ink on her wonderland.

Beyonce hyphenated her name. Jay didn't. He's wouldn't do some loser crap like hyphenate his wife's ls last name. Dude even took the hyphen out his rap name.
Not only did he, I'm pretty sure their daughter's last name is hyphenated too.

When you're established, a change in name can be a pain in the butt.

This. Parents were in the same predicament. They ended up giving my siblings and I double last names because of their decision to keep their own. Now I find myself in my parents shoes with my fiancé.

Not only did he, I'm pretty sure their daughter's last name is hyphenated too.
No, he didn't.

Told my lady she can keep her last name, or take mine; either is fine with me.

Our kids will have my last name though.

Back
Top Bottom