Would you or have you ever hit your kids in public?

My grandmother worked at the primary school I went to. I remember getting smart wither her and another teacher was in the room and told her that they would turn their head so she could handle me :lol:

Someone else told me that they remember me getting a whooping in church because I used to crawl under the pews during service.

Not to mention the little red whelps on the back of my calves from having to go get my own switch for them to get at me with.

Apparently, I could be a little mischievous from time to time growing up, but I would get corrected. I also used to be told that I can act a fool at home and be dealt with, but there would be bigger problems for me, if I acted a fool in public.

After a while, all they had to ask me was "Do I need to take you to the bathroom?" and I would straighten up :lol:

To me, spankings/discipline do work when used properly. Beatings/hitting does not work. Nobody should have bruises, cuts or anything on them and especially not a small child.

Hell NO in public. With cats like OP recording and taking pics, last thing any parent would want is a youtube video of them spanking their kids. However when I get home... best believe they will get the belt and I will burn every toy they own in that fireplace for acting up.

Give them a good strong psycho stare and through my teeth, say "Sit you monkey *** down! When we get home Imma wear you *** out!!!"

My children will know better than to test me in public. Just like I knew better than to test my mother and my sister knows better than to test me.

Once you master the "voice"and the "look" you'll almost never have to hit them though. Was never a fan of beatings. Pinches and threats work just fine.

I remember the first time I saw a child acting up in public & I was in shock & awe & admired his bravery & courage.

Then later on I learned that others had more lenient parents than me.

But yea, it starts at home. I'm already seeing some troublesome signs with my baby bro. We're 20+ years apart, and my pops has mellowed out a TON with age & he's not even close to the dictator that he was when I was little. I was over his house a few weeks ago & my baby bro wanted some juice, they told him no & he flipped out & pops acted like he aint care. I was like :wow: :wow: I woulda got murked if I tried that back in '92.

I remember the first time I saw a child acting up in public & I was in shock & awe & admired his bravery & courage.

Then later on I learned that others had more lenient parents than me.

But yea, it starts at home. I'm already seeing some troublesome signs with my baby bro. We're 20+ years apart, and my pops has mellowed out a TON with age & he's not even close to the dictator that he was when I was little. I was over his house a few weeks ago & my baby bro wanted some juice, they told him no & he flipped out & pops acted like he aint care. I was like :wow: :wow: I woulda got murked if I tried that back in '92.

Yup. I spent half my childhood running and ducking chancletas and broom sticks thanks to my mom every time I acted like a little @#$@$. My little brother basically got ignored or threw even worse tantrums when my parents made fun of him for acting out :lol:

I was horrible until I went to college though. Don't know how my parents survived raising me :lol:

Last edited:
The moment I have my first child it's #beardgang from that point on at least til my last one turns 22.

I firmly believe that kids innately fear the beard.

Last edited:
I am willing to bet that most people who have gotten *** whoopings as kids will say they turned out just fine.

Me being one of them :pimp:. Kids these days do not respect adults :smh:.

I am willing to bet that most people who have gotten *** whoopings as kids will say they turned out just fine.

Me being one of them :pimp:. Kids these days do not respect adults :smh:.

Chinese parents so that about explains it all.

I turned out just dandy! :D

I don't hit my kids for the simple fact that i don't want them thinking being physical is best route to take to deal with anger... 

i'd rather them be psychologically aggressive, if anything, and learn how to deal with **** by being smarter than the next person. 

sometimes i do wanna yoke their ***** up tho... 

"If you old enough to talk back, you old enough to effed up!" - Bernie Mac 2yr and up Daycare Center LOL "There are no really bad kids just punk *** parents" I would if I had to, but I haven't had to...

ill never hit my kids.

my parents are old fashioned korean so ive def. had my fair share of physical punishment.... but i can't blame them or be mad at them because thats just all they knew.

BUT, times have changed and through studies and research, it is a well known fact that hitting your kids does more harm than good. so if you want your kids to reach their full potential, it'd be wise to find alternative ways of disciplining your child

Hitting works when they're 2-3 because they literally don't understand the meaning of short or long term consequences. At that age they learn the simple concept of "do this, get spanked". When they're older than that the parent should of taught them some sort of higher intelligence so that spanking is no longer needed. Of course some spanking isn't a problem, but when it becomes all you do it's the parents fault

eek.gif

Last edited:
My wife and I just had our first baby daughter a little more than a year ago and I would never lay a finger on her. I feel like its your fault as a parent that your child is acting up in the first place. You have to do your job as a parent and teach them right from wrong. Part of the blame has to fall on me for my child acting a fool.

I agree w/ most of this. The only part I take issue with is what I bolded. My daughter is great, however, she has her moments. It's not because of a parenting fail, but rather her testing limits. She's turning 2 next month and we've never laid a hand on her for anything. She understands right from wrong and all you have to do is threaten (or give) her with a timeout. Works every time.

You're going to have ups and downs as a parent, but (IMO) you should never let it get to the point where you're hitting them b/c you're frustrated.

My mom used to whoop my *** at home, and if I did anything remotely wrong in public she'd lean down and whisper real low in my ear something like

"I'm gonna tear your *** up when we get home if you don't start acting right"

scariest feeling ever

If you child shows out in public like that, you are already losing as a parent and you need to evaluate what you are doing in the house. There's no way a kid should act like that in public towards their parent. 

"If you old enough to talk back, you old enough to effed up!" - Bernie Mac 2yr and up Daycare Center LOL "There are no really bad kids just punk *** parents" I would if I had to, but I haven't had to...
My man 
nthat.gif

laugh.gif
. This was my initial thought reading the thread title. Buss em in they head 'til the white meat show 
roll.gif

Wouldn't hit my son in public and I never got hit in public

IMO it makes it worst because the whole time you're just thinking about when you get home what's going to happen :lol:

I already told my kid's mother I'll never lay a hand on him unless he steals from me, everything else is fixable

My man :nthat:  :lol: . This was my initial thought reading the thread title. Buss em in they head 'til the white meat show :rofl:

Yup.

discipline starts at home......the mother been letting that slide so she shouldn't react physically in public cause he's embarrassing her....she should've checked his *** previously 

Back
Top Bottom