Would you or have you ever hit your kids in public?

I mean I get it but this was overboard but I get it.

Again, why record.

But if he did what father said, he deserves SOMETHING. I probably wod have hired somebody from the neighborhood (sons age) to do my dirty work.

Breaks my heart to see. But sometimes we need that to humble us. Hopefully pops sat with him after and debriefed.

No, this isn't cool, nor warranted. The angle that many may miss is mental illness. Beating your children does not cure them of depression, anxiety, and bad decision making due to such an illness. I do not know for sure if this is the case with this young man, but such bad behaviors has its roots somewhere. I hate seeing this, and then am disturbed that someone would continue the cycle of abuse that is exemplified in that clip.

So now what? Does he get mad, then try and kill his father?

What we saw is not the solution with your children, never.

No, this isn't cool, nor warranted. The angle that many may miss is mental illness. Beating your children does not cure them of depression, anxiety, and bad decision making due to such an illness. I do not know for sure if this is the case with this young man, but such bad behaviors has its roots somewhere. I hate seeing this, and then am disturbed the someone would continue the cycle of abuse that is exemplified in that clip.

depends on the situation
imo
havent had to whoop my kids in years
but mine are well behaved and generally when hey do get in trouble
its normal kid stuff
that dont require a whooping
but theres some times where i do think a whooping is warranted
disrespecting ur mom or something like that
like serious stuff
requires that
also sometimes kids just need a chin check
again nothing EXCESSIVE
but no reason talking shouldnt be the first step
no need to go right to spanking

depends on the situation
imo
havent had to whoop my kids in years
but mine are well behaved and generally when hey do get in trouble
its normal kid stuff
that dont require a whooping
but theres some times where i do think a whooping is warranted
disrespecting ur mom or something like that
like serious stuff
requires that
also sometimes kids just need a chin check
again nothing EXCESSIVE
but no reason talking shouldnt be the first step
no need to go right to spanking
I disagree.
There is no need to beat a child, especially if their insecurities are addressed as soon as they appear. This takes hands on parenting, and many are not prepared to deal with this task at all. It also takes a parent to understand their own ego, which is a huge part of the problem. Many don't. Now, I am only addressing the Black community here! 'eff everyone else! Because our situation is far different from any other. Beating your children like that is a direct result of slavery, maintaining that slave mentality. The I am going to do this to you, because the world isn't going to give a damn about you, mentality. However when these sorts deal with white people? They cower and apologize to white people, if they commit the same offense as the young man in the clip supposedly committed. Kids should be seen, not heard. Bull. Kids need to be heard, in order for them to develop their own voices, confidence. We all know that the young man in the clip had to learn to speak that way from somebody, right? Was he seen? Was he heard? What is a man to that kid?

This is how the cycle of abuse continues, the dysfunction, the self hate, the depression.

i agree
never said anything about beating
whooping and beating are 2 different things
No, there is not a difference. You lay hands on an individual, it should be because of self defense.

But hey, I am not going to tell someone how to raise their own children. But I damn sure am going to teach my kids, and have taught my kids, who to avoid.

Used to get whoopings here& there as a kid ( extension chords) can honestly say it didnt deter me from further doing things that was trouble ...(goes hand & hand with death penalty talk..i get the whole death penalty doesnt deter crime convo)...dont think it works with alotta kids either..plus in this day in age bcw is taking ya kids away with the quickness...waste of energy beating ya kids much less recording it

If what pops said is true that it may have been called for. Posting for validation from your 50+ year old peers is unnecessary. EVERYTHING should not be posted. Something like this should be kept PRIVATE. This is like posting a vid of your wife climaxing. Just to show off.

I disagree.
There is no need to beat a child, especially if their insecurities are addressed as soon as they appear. This takes hands on parenting, and many are not prepared to deal with this task at all. It also takes a parent to understand their own ego, which is a huge part of the problem. Many don't. Now, I am only addressing the Black community here! 'eff everyone else! Because our situation is far different from any other. Beating your children like that is a direct result of slavery, maintaining that slave mentality. The I am going to do this to you, because the world isn't going to give a damn about you, mentality. However when these sorts deal with white people? They cower and apologize to white people, if they commit the same offense as the young man in the clip supposedly committed. Kids should be seen, not heard. Bull. Kids need to be heard, in order for them to develop their own voices, confidence. We all know that the young man in the clip had to learn to speak that way from somebody, right? Was he seen? Was he heard? What is a man to that kid?

This is how the cycle of abuse continues, the dysfunction, the self hate, the depression.
also i get what ur saying
and agree wit some
disagree with some
EVERYTHING
specially when it comes to raising kids
a family and such
isnt as black and white as u make it in ur post
i can only speak for myself
but I want whats best for my kids
they will NEVER make the same mistakes i did
gonna do EVERYTHING in my power to prevent that

I spank my kids early so i don't have to spank them beyond age 6. Then I reason with them and take a way privileges if necessary and admonish them when called for. Worked for me so far.

also i get what ur saying
and agree wit some
disagree with some
EVERYTHING
specially when it comes to raising kids
a family and such
isnt as black and white as u make it in ur post
i can only speak for myself
but I want whats best for my kids
they will NEVER make the same mistakes i did
gonna do EVERYTHING in my power to prevent that

In the clip, the father says that he gave the kid a pass in his initial transgression.
Why? It should have been dealt with then. However, the aggression continued, then got worse if the father is to be believed.

This is what I am addressing. The father and both his action, then lack of such.

In the clip, the father says that he gave the kid a pass in his initial transgression.
Why? It should have been dealt with then. However, the aggression continued, then got worse if the father is to be believed.

This is what I am addressing. The father and both his action, then lack of such.
i agree
shoulda dealt with it THEN
but no ones perfect
and sometimes i let stuff slide
who doesnt
lets not act like everyone disciplines their kids
all the time
everytime
just cause ur a parent
doesnt mean u do the right thing
all the time

i agree
shoulda dealt with it THEN
but no ones perfect
and sometimes i let stuff slide
who doesnt
lets not act like everyone disciplines their kids
all the time
everytime
just cause ur a parent
doesnt mean u do the right thing
all the time
As a parent you have to understand what is deemed HEALTHY aggression, versus aggression fueled by depression, mental illness. When children act out, it is because there is something wrong. You don't just tell a male child to MAN UP if something is wrong, then telling your daughter, baby everything is going to be okay, when she is upset about something. Mixed messages.

People need to do personal work before they have kids, and many in the Black community have not had that privilege to do so. That cycle of abuse is serious, and needs to be dealt with.

Good words of wisdom KHUFU KHUFU

My thoughts on beatings is it CAN indirectly teach kids to use violence to settle disagreements.

Good point about the Slave Mentality when it comes to beating stuff out of others but those same folks are willing to bow down to white folks

No, this isn't cool, nor warranted. The angle that many may miss is mental illness. Beating your children does not cure them of depression, anxiety, and bad decision making due to such an illness. I do not know for sure if this is the case with this young man, but such bad behaviors has its roots somewhere. I hate seeing this, and then am disturbed that someone would continue the cycle of abuse that is exemplified in that clip.

Agree with you 100%.

The father riddled off a dozen instances where the child issued a problem and the father didn't step in but gave him a pass. Now he's beating him like he's grown on camera and talkin ****.

The intent of the beating was to invoke trauma and not to provide a solution. The boy didn't swing back for a long(and I mean long time) time, that tells me that the boy held back striking the father out of some sort of respect. I was in a similar situation around that age but it wasn't my father but a somewhat father figure. Later the person admitted in their intent was to develop a trauma within me, similar to what they faced in the marines instead of addressing the problem. Both instances shown that there was a significant amount of miscommunication. And this boys actions appear to be a cry for help which the parents didn't appear to do enough to address far before reaching the point.

And the fact that they recorded that moment is disgusting IMO.

Agree with you 100%.

The father riddled off a dozen instances where the child issued a problem and the father didn't step in but gave him a pass. Now he's beating him like he's grown on camera and talkin ****.

The intent of the beating was to invoke trauma and not to provide a solution. The boy didn't swing back for a long(and I mean long time) time, that tells me that the boy held back striking the father out of some sort of respect. I was in a similar situation around that age but it wasn't my father but a somewhat father figure. Later the person admitted in their intent was to develop a trauma within me, similar to what they faced in the marines instead of addressing the problem. Both instances shown that there was a significant amount of miscommunication. And this boys actions appear to be a cry for help which the parents didn't appear to do enough to address far before reaching the point.

And the fact that they recorded that moment is disgusting IMO.
People like this want to instill fear in an individual. Instilling fear in your own children does not allow them to grow with confidence. True confidence allows you to see things clearly, without fear. Through fear, a child grows with dressed up insecurities. You then bow to the wrong authority, you seek favor from those who may not have your best interests at heart. You learn to fight for the wrong reasons. When it is time for you to fight for the right reason? You cannot recognize the moment.

I see those acts of cowardice here all the time. I can tell where many of these people come from.

Also,

I just feel like hitting your child means you don't have a logical/reason-based response to what they did. So you resort to violence.
This is why BLACK PRIDE is so damned important. My children are too beautiful to spank, too beautiful to beat. How am I going to teach them about their heritage, their ancestry, speak of the horrors that their ancestors faced, then turn around and do the same thing to them if they do something wrong? Nah, save that. I did not want my kids to grow up with any fear of asking questions, and I wanted them to be able to defend themselves physically if necessary. Look everyone in the eye, and be proud, do not cower to anyone.

There is an answer for everything, and do not be afraid to ask the question that will get you that answer.

If what pops said is true that it may have been called for. Posting for validation from your 50+ year old peers is unnecessary. EVERYTHING should not be posted. Something like this should be kept PRIVATE. This is like posting a vid of your wife climaxing. Just to show off.
If my lady been popping ish to my friends and family that I can't fug then yeah, I'm posting the o's on the net :lol: but to answer the thread question I've never disciplined my kids in public but that's prolly because they know I would. It's not a go to or favorite method but it's an option. Ain't no man above an *** whoopin, if you want to take it there imo.

I spank my kids early so i don't have to spank them beyond age 6. Then I reason with them and take a way privileges if necessary and admonish them when called for. Worked for me so far.

You whooped on babies and toddlers because you weren't smart enough to convey what you wanted with alternative forms of punishment?

***** made :smh:

You whooped on babies and toddlers because you weren't smart enough to convey what you wanted with alternative forms of punishment?

***** made :smh:
:lol:

I don't "whoop" babies or toddlers.
Your probably relating your experiences to understand what I do and it probably far from accurate.

Two open handed swats on the diapered butt of a three year old is not what I call a "whooping" anyways. And I only spank for disobedience. Not for breaking or spilling stuff. But when they go against what I know I have told/showed them. They don't even cry, my stern words and disapproval is actual when they get emotional. But thattshows them their are undesired consequences for their actions. Then I talk to them and reaffirm the rules and console them.

I legit train my kids to think critically while respecting the rules and the proper authorities so I don't gotta box a ***** at 12 yrs old

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom