Wow, so Verizon have officially took off contracts

Following the leader
smokin.gif
... ATT and Verizon had no choice but to change.. I never thought TMO and metro who change the game the way they did

^its good for them to do so, just passing along the cost of the device to the consumer.

Following the leader
smokin.gif
... ATT and Verizon had no choice but to change.. I never thought TMO and metro who change the game the way they did
Bruh this is crazy.

I wonder how many customers Metro took from the major services?

Completely changed the game.

^its good for them to do so, just passing along the cost of the device to the consumer.
That doesnt bother me, because i dont jump on every new phone that release from yr to yr

Following the leader
smokin.gif
Bruh this is crazy.

I wonder how many customers Metro took from the major services?

Completely changed the game.
It makes me wonder how many customers TMO took from ATT VERZ, with that test drive promo..

Whats the point? Discourage smart phone purchases?

Is the network overloaded or somehting?

Every carrier is going in the same direction (T-mobile was the first). For those saying that you're switching to T-mobile, you will have to do the same thing. Same with Sprint. 

I buy my phones full price, so it doesn't affect me. 

This is good. Vetizon iphones are unlocked so if I want to try tmobile or att's service for a month i'll be good. The ability to switch will be nice.

Every carrier is going in the same direction (T-mobile was the first). For those saying that you're switching to T-mobile, you will have to do the same thing. Same with Sprint. 

I buy my phones full price, so it doesn't affect me. 

What's the purpose of paying full price for your phones?

Someone has to explain how this works because I don't understand it. If I'm an already existing customer, I can't get a phone under a 2 year contract? I have to buy a phone at full price and get a plan as well? If so, why is the consumer getting screwed over? This appears to be more expensive than a contract.

I went to T-Mobile and the rep laughed at me for wanting to switch from Verizon. Is the coverage really that bad?

Someone has to explain how this works because I don't understand it. If I'm an already existing customer, I can't get a phone under a 2 year contract? I have to buy a phone at full price and get a plan as well? If so, why is the consumer getting screwed over? This appears to be more expensive than a contract.
From what I read somewhere, existing customers still have the option of doing 2 year.

All I want to know is, does this mean current customers on contract with Verizon are no longer on contract? Because if so, that makes this transition to T Mobile that much easier

Contract or not you can still make the switch to T-Mobile with their Carrier Freedom offer, they will buy out your contract or what you owe on your phone.

voice yeah, data not so much

This used to be the case but not so much anymore. All of T-Mobiles towers are supposed to be upgraded to 4g LTE by years end, even the 2g towers out in the boonies. Here in Oregon a lot have been done and now I get 4gLTE even in the mountains.

Whats the point? Discourage smart phone purchases?
Is the network overloaded or somehting?

This is not discouraging smartphone purchases at all. Educate yourself B. In a contract you pay more monthly, so that phone you are getting "free" it is just built into the plan cost you are contracted into for 2 years. THis is not a fair practice, as someone with a $100 smartphone is paying the same as someone with a $800 smartphone. The no contract options put more freedom in your hands as a consumer, if you don't need the best phone your bill will be A LOT cheaper. Also no more waiting 2 years to get a new phone. Phones these days are outdated quickly, nobody wants that 2 year old device, no contracts allow you to upgrade to the next greatest thing when YOU want.

Wireless companies have fooled people like you into thinking contracts are the best thing ever, I suggest you look at cost breakdowns and see how much of a sham they were.

Worked at VZW for a bit.
Remember in training they said, we not really a phone company anymore.
"We sell data. Thats all.
So, go sell that data!"
:lol:
shut up bird.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom