Wow, so Verizon have officially took off contracts

for people that don't care to upgrade every 2 years, I could see how all this change is pointless and annoying, for people like me that want every iPhone that comes out just because .. this is great :lol:

when the next iPhone comes out I literally just have to press upgrade and pay for shipping, mind you I got the iPhone 6 last Aug

also good to mention on T Mobile you don't have to pay off the full price of the phone to upgrade, if you not one of those people who want to deal with selling your old phone and stuff

This is not discouraging smartphone purchases at all. Educate yourself B. In a contract you pay more monthly, so that phone you are getting "free" it is just built into the plan cost you are contracted into for 2 years. THis is not a fair practice, as someone with a $100 smartphone is paying the same as someone with a $800 smartphone. The no contract options put more freedom in your hands as a consumer, if you don't need the best phone your bill will be A LOT cheaper. Also no more waiting 2 years to get a new phone. Phones these days are outdated quickly, nobody wants that 2 year old device, no contracts allow you to upgrade to the next greatest thing when YOU want.

Wireless companies have fooled people like you into thinking contracts are the best thing ever, I suggest you look at cost breakdowns and see how much of a sham they were.

man shut your *** up, B.

Been off contact for almost 3 years now, will never go back to a contract. T-Mobile and Nexus devices have kept me happy during this time period

Hopefully Sprint doesn't follow suit

They already have for the last year or so. It was $50 for unlimited talk/text/data and then you essentially finance the phone. After taxes I pay about $82 a month for unlimited everything on an iPhone 6. It works out to about the same price or better as a 2 year contract and if after 2 years I want to keep my phone the bill drops down to $50 a month.

I feel like the big players all have good service and the smaller ones just have decent. My folks have been paying for my bill since I got my first phone and they want service but we live in a metropolitan city.

I feel like no contracts (pay as you go) phones are the best. There are no underlying costs or an term agreement. My friend in the military has been doing that and I feel like that's the most appropriate. My family plan is almost $300 a month not including this new ATT next plan scheme

This is not discouraging smartphone purchases at all. Educate yourself B. In a contract you pay more monthly, so that phone you are getting "free" it is just built into the plan cost you are contracted into for 2 years. THis is not a fair practice, as someone with a $100 smartphone is paying the same as someone with a $800 smartphone. The no contract options put more freedom in your hands as a consumer, if you don't need the best phone your bill will be A LOT cheaper. Also no more waiting 2 years to get a new phone. Phones these days are outdated quickly, nobody wants that 2 year old device, no contracts allow you to upgrade to the next greatest thing when YOU want.

Wireless companies have fooled people like you into thinking contracts are the best thing ever, I suggest you look at cost breakdowns and see how much of a sham they were.

man shut your *** up, B.

:lol:

He said speeds get throttled down to 2G with the TMO unlimited plan, that is hardly unlimited. Did you look at the math? Dude compared 5GB plans, and they are all very similar $30 savings buying upfront is not a significant savings. Many aren't purchasing either they are financing, like I said I have a real UNLIMITED plan that does not get throttled to 2G speeds. People also aren't keeping these phones for long periods of time they keep trading them in.

These next plans benefit the carriers in every way possible IMO. If they didn't carriers wouldn't be trying so hard to force people off of contracts. 
T-Mobile's Unlimited plan doesn't get throttled. The dude said he had a 1GB LTE plan and got throttled to 2G when he went over that. He said he switched to 10GB and is he goes over that he will get throttled to 2G. He needs to just switch to unlimited data and he wouldn't have that problem. 

Do you keep Pandora on 24/7?
laugh.gif

How are you guys using all this data????
Gotta be watching youtube or on IG because Pandora as well as other music streaming services dont count as data used with T-Mobile. IG uses a ton of data

Last edited:
They won't touch your plan unless you change it.
Man I'm not too sure. So they are going to allow people to keep their Unlimited Data Plans? I really don't think so...AT&T has been trying to kill it off for a long time now.

I mean, what is unlimited data anyways? :lol:

I've had unlimited data with them for years. My plan was granfathered in, and I have no intentions of changing it up. That being said, I did get this text from them last month:

Your data usage this month has reached 3.75GB. If you exceed 5GM before your next cycle, you can still use unlimited data but your speeds may be reduced at times and in areas with network congestion.

:lol: oh, AT&T

Verizon Wireless can do this because they have signal EVERYWHERE. You can make calls in the sticks.

Verizon Wireless can do this because they have signal EVERYWHERE. You can make calls in the sticks.

Not true. Had Verizon for the last 6 years. Lived in several PA cities, several MD cities and now NC. There are parts where you simply don't get service

T mobile month to month + the newest Nexus device has and always will be the best value

Im debating between Verizon and T-Mobile at this point. Need unlimited Data, but Verizon is offering $200 off the price of a new smartphone for FIOs customers.

Any suggestions?

Do you keep Pandora on 24/7? :lol:

How are you guys using all this data????

No. I rooted my phone and I use it as an unlimited LTE hotspot. If I'm away from my home network I run all my devices from my phone's connection. HD streaming burns quite a bit of data.

Im debating between Verizon and T-Mobile at this point. Need unlimited Data, but Verizon is offering $200 off the price of a new smartphone for FIOs customers.

Any suggestions?
If you live in the city T-Mobile . Just ask your peeps around you. I was in New York a few days ago. I got coverage all thru the city indoors it was okay I got 4g not lte indoors but there was wifi at my aunts house.
Also it depends on your data usage .
If data usage isn't big to you and the price is something you don't mind stay with Verizon. If you need a lot more data (either way I know you're saving a lot of money by getting T-Mobile ) then make the jump.

Did other carriers have service in those areas?

Some did and some didn't. But that's besides the point. Verizon has excellent coverage but it's not as good as people make it out to be.

Most people will do just fine on T Mobile. That extra service in an area isn't worth an extra $100 a month for my family.

Back
Top Bottom