Wrestling Thread June 20-26 | 6/26 Ring of Honor Best In The World iPPV 4pm ET GoFightLive.tv

Chavo Guerrero has been released by the WWE. He asked for his release.

Wrestlezone.com has reported that the WWE Creative Team is "in the dark" about CM Punk's future in WWE. Here is what a key WWE insider told them this morning.

There are some members of the team who want to pitch Punk beating Cena for the title, and then defending it against him at SummerSlam, which is deja vu when it comes to the Punk vs. Jeff Hardy situation when Jeff was leaving WWE.

There are other members of the team who are under the impression that Punk is leaving after the pay-per-view, and even more who think Punk will show up on Raw the next night in an angle to completely write him out of the script.

- The value of the McMahon family's WWE stock is currently $163 million. For a comparison against UFC, Lorenzo Fertitta's stock would be worth $506 million, Frank Fertitta's would be worth $506 million and Dana White's stock would be worth $113 million.

- WWE officials now realize that they have dropped the ball twice with Ted DiBiase Jr. and reuniting him with Cody Rhodes on SmackDown is supposed to be a way of reversing things. The idea now is to re-create the dynamic that Alex Riley and The Miz had, with Rhodes and DiBiase. The plan right now is for DiBiase to continue doing Rhodes' "dirty work" until Ted turns babyface and feuds with Cody.

- The Wrestling Observer reports that there has been talk of adding a new WWE TV show before RAW on the USA Network. The new show would be something like a countdown show similar to what the NFL does before games.

- As noted before, Snitsky was backstage at last Tuesday's WWE tapings in Hershey, PA. There were rumors of him making a return to the company soon.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

- The value of the McMahon family's WWE stock is currently $163 million. For a comparison against UFC, Lorenzo Fertitta's stock would be worth $506 million, Frank Fertitta's would be worth $506 million and Dana White's stock would be worth $113 million.

- WWE officials now realize that they have dropped the ball twice with Ted DiBiase Jr. and reuniting him with Cody Rhodes on SmackDown is supposed to be a way of reversing things. The idea now is to re-create the dynamic that Alex Riley and The Miz had, with Rhodes and DiBiase. The plan right now is for DiBiase to continue doing Rhodes' "dirty work" until Ted turns babyface and feuds with Cody.

- The Wrestling Observer reports that there has been talk of adding a new WWE TV show before RAW on the USA Network. The new show would be something like a countdown show similar to what the NFL does before games.

- As noted before, Snitsky was backstage at last Tuesday's WWE tapings in Hershey, PA. There were rumors of him making a return to the company soon.

Ted DiBiase is much better as a face.  He has that Southern charm and good looks.

A countdown show before Raw would be stupid.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

My prediction.....

Alberto Del Rio wins MITB.

Punk beats Cena for the title.

Alberto cashes in that night and beats Punk.

Sets up Alberto vs Cena for SummerSlam.
Exactly what I think WILL happen 

Great, let's rehash an angle that just took place instead of coming up with something new/creative.

Wrestlezone.com has reported that the WWE Creative Team is "in the dark" about CM Punk's future in WWE. 
Seriously, does it even matter?  It's not like they do any type of long term booking.  Everything is written week to week.

News on Chavo Guerrero's Release
Chavo Guerrero was released today.  Guerrero, on twitter, said he was the one who asked for his release, citing being frustrated with how he was being used.

"I was just tired of not being used correctly.  Just cuz u can make other ppl look good, doesn't mean they should just have u lose to them.  The sme thing happened to Eddie. After being champ, they still had him working mid card status."

He said WWE has always used the Guerreros to make others look good and said he was not happy in WWE, and he had a smile on his face when the release came through last night.

"I will never go back to being under utilized and watching ppl who suck get bigger pushes than me."

He gave no indication of what his next move would be, other than he would stay in wrestling.  TNA would be the obvious destination.  Several years ago when there was talk he was not going to renew his contract, TNA had talked of bringing him in.  His uncle Hector Guerrero is a Spanish language announcer with TNA.

terrible idea...

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

terrible idea...
Yeah, no chance I would watch this.  It would probably be Matt Striker schilling for 30 minutes. 

Chavo Guerrero was released today.  Guerrero, on twitter, said he was the one who asked for his release, citing being frustrated with how he was being used.

"I was just tired of not being used correctly.  Just cuz u can make other ppl look good, doesn't mean they should just have u lose to them.  The sme thing happened to Eddie. After being champ, they still had him working mid card status."

i get his point and understand, but at this stage in his career and the climate of the wwe the last half decade, what did he expect? if anything he should've tried to slide into a front office or agent position...i mean he can still perform but...

i get his point and understand, but at this stage in his career and the climate of the wwe the last half decade, what did he expect? if anything he should've tried to slide into a front office or agent position...i mean he can still perform but...

Anything but TNA

Agreed, Grizz.

It isn't like Chavo's in his prime and being mistreated like Punk is.

And even when Chavo was in his prime he was a mid-carder at best.

X3gac.gif

Wish this show would have been last night.  I would have definitely ordered.  I have things I have to do this afternoon, so I'm going to miss it.

- The latest word on John Morrison is that he will be out of action for at least another two months.

CM Punk drew attention to himself with the following Tweet yesterday:

It’s scary, doing something your whole life, and looking at a calendar to see you have just 23 more days of doing it.

Wish this show would have been last night.  I would have definitely ordered.  I have things I have to do this afternoon, so I'm going to miss it.
I think you can just buy it once and watch it anytime at your leisure, forever.

At least, I'm hoping that's true. And $15 isn't that bad anyway for Daniel Bryan-esque wrestling and a actual tag team division.

AUCTION ENDS TONIGHT!!!!

If any of you are still looking to buy WWE All Stars for PS3, I am selling a brand new copy.  It's signed by Bryan Alvarez of Figure Four Weekly and The Wrestling Observer if anyone cares.  But the best part is, 100% of the sale price goes to my favorite charity, PAWS - The Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society http://phillypaws.org/.  Buy the game and support a great cause.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0941&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_1735wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0941&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_1735wt_1139

2ldvcy8.jpg

CM Punk drew attention to himself with the following Tweet yesterday:

It’s scary, doing something your whole life, and looking at a calendar to see you have just 23 more days of doing it.

smh this dude over selling it now
laugh.gif
 there should be no doubt hes getting the title now

Back
Top Bottom