Wrestling Thread Oct 19 - Nov 8 | Nov 5: Seth Rollins Tears ACL/MCL, Stripped of WWE Title

Damn shame about Seth. I think they go with an Ambrose heel turn and give him the belt.
You didn't get banned
eek.gif

Deadline reports that FOX has bought the rights to a new dramatic soap opera called The Work, which focuses on the world of pro wrestling. They will develop the show based on a script by Scott O’Connor. 20th Century Fox will produce, but no other details are known at this time.

There have been several wrestling-based shows in development but they never made it to air. This included an NBC drama about the territory era with help from Dwayne Johnson, as well as an HBO series produced by Norman Lear called Everybody Hurts that would also be set in the territory days in NYC. Jimmy Fallon was also set to executive produce a comedy called Slammed for NBC.

JR knows.

Great idea about using the tourney to help push multiple talents.

I wonder what KO's role will be going forward, I'd say he's the next heel up in terms of being in the main picture since he's a HHH guy. But part of me believes they're planning him vs Zayn at WM.

[h2]Seth Rollins Injury and what It Means, Backlund on Ross Report Podcast, RINGSIDE TKTS for @HOBDallas still on sale at Ticketmaster.com[/h2]

Greetings all! Thanks for the visit. Even though all our VIP tickets for our three Wrestlemania weekend shows at the House of Blues in Dallas are sold out there are PLENTY of great seats still available starting at $20 on sale now at ticketmaster.com.  We will have shows, with surprise guests, before, at 4 pm, and after the WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, at 11 pm, on Saturday April 2. The American Airlines Center is only a few blocks away and an easy walk from the ACC to the @HOBDallas. We will also have a show with Q&A's, stories, etc with another special guest after Monday Night Raw on Monday April 4 at 11 pm also at the House of Blues. www.ticketmaster.com has your tickets waiting so please plan on joining me in Dallas WM32 weekend.

WWE Champion Seth Rollins is going to be out of action likely around 9 months after blowing out his knee including his ACL. Rollins will be stripped of the title as I understand it and a tournament will be held to crown a new, WWE World Champion which should be positioned as a HUGE deal within the WWE. When a bad break occurs within the pro wrestling business it always opens the door for, at times, the most unlikely individual to step up and assume the mantle of the company. How the creative minds address this issue is going to be pivotal including who actually are entered into the tournament which I assume will be a single elimination format whereby the winners advance and the losers take a seat much akin to the NFL playoffs or March Madness in the NCAA hoops tourney. That puts a sense of urgency on every match which should , by all rights, create some excellent TV.

The key to having a great tournament is to have all he talents who should be in the tournament actually in it, except Lesnar IMO, and to facilitate some 'upsets' that we fans did not see coming.

Consider this: Rollins comes to the ring on RAW to give up the title. Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose are both there, originally at the Authority's surprise,  to realistically show some respect to their maligned, misguided former teammate but Reigns and Ambrose end up assaulting Rollins at the bequest of the Authority who feel that Rollins has let them down due to his injury that he suffered in Dublin this week.

It's the law of the jungle where by only the strong survive which is closer to fact than fiction when it comes to the sports entertainment biz.  

Will the Authority stack the deck in the tournament by making one bracket weaker than the other? Will the Authority influence the officiating? Will Lesnar be a participant? I'd say hell, no to that one.

I've seen these calamities work out well in the past if the creative forces are willing to blow up the status quo and think outside the box to put even more clout on the WWE Title and to put talents in a position to become more relevant and hopefully, make some new stars and create some new rivalries via this process.

By the Authority's henchmen doing the dirty deed to Rollins, Seth is essentially a crippled man at this point in time, turns fan favorite and his journey to regaining his health and career can be documented nicely on TV which builds valued anticipation for Seth's return perhaps as early as Summer Slam. Think HHH a few years ago and his amazing ret to action at MSG was quite the moment.

With the Authority's help, Reigns sells out, becomes the exalted pawn of HHH & Stephanie which then leads to Lesnar, who was excluded from the tournament, entering rhe Royal Rumble and winning it sitting up fan favorite Lesnar vs. villain and Authority rep Reigns at WrestleMania Texas.

If one wanted to to, Ambrose could think that he was in on the plan only to be assaulted by both Roman Reigns and HHH to make Dean Ambrose a hot, fan favorite and an instant rival of Reigns and the anti Authority fan favorite ala Stone Cold with which I think the fans would gravitate.

Or...another totally new talent ala a Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, etc could shock the world and win the top title in the game. This might be the most popular option among some fans as it would create a new champion, preferably a fan favorite, who would have the Authority on his case which might freshen up the authority figure storyline that's been around for years.    

As I've said many times, there is always  more than one right way to get something done properly or effectively when it comes to booking. It's always a matter of presentation, execution and putting talents in the best possible position to succeed. by embellishing their strengths and concealing  their weaknesses.

There are SO many ways that WWE can come out ahead on this unfortunate matter.

Finally, the last thing that I would do is to put John Cena right back in the mix. John deserves some time off and WWE deserves to put some of their other talents in line to grow and to become main eventers. This entire situation is one of fate and now it's up to WWE to reshuffle the deck and hopefully come out of it with a winning hand where more than one talent is advanced.

I had a great day in Memphis Wednesday, aside from hideous travel delays coming home,  doing some more WWE 2K16 work with Jerry Lawler. King is just fine after being involved in a head on car accident where, as I understand it, the driver of the other car may well have been texting. Jerry's girlfriend did not escape unscathed but is convalescing at home and we wish her a speedy recovery. Both of them are lucky as this car crash could have been deadly.

My conversation with Bob Backlund on the Ross Report that's available now at podcastone.com, iTunes and right here on the site on the homepage is getting great reviews. Bobby is brutally honest yet amazingly positive on how he leads his life and how he handled the negative aspects of the pro wrestling biz back in the day. Plus, because so many asked about Mark Bagwell's recent comments about me on the Steve Austin Show Podcast, I address that matter as well.  I also give you a glimpse on who's on my first pass of 2016 WWE HOF Inductees.

The Ross Report is a FREE podcast  and if you subscribe for FREE at iTunes you won't miss a show and they will be automatically downloaded into the device of your choice every Tuesday night at 9 ET.

Q&A's elsewhere here on the site are updated.

I'd love to work with  Bill Simmons on the Andre the Giant documentary that he's doing for HBO.

We got some quality work done today on our autobiography.

www.wweshop.com and www.americansoda.co.uk have JR's products in stock and ready for immediate home or business delivery as the Holidays approach.

Check out our new, You Tube channel for FREE at www.jrsvideos.com

Have you seen the JR's tees at our friends in Chicago atwww.prowrestlingtees.com/jimross ? Great stuff from a quality company.

Check out my pal Taz's show now with streaming video at TazShow.com. It airs weekdays from 7am-9am ET.

If you are coming to Dallas for Wrestlemania Texas please include us in your plans.www.ticketmaster.com tickets starting at $20 for all three of our shows. @HOBDallas is a great venue, close to the American Airlines Center and features plenty of great food and libations.

Curious to see if I will be asked to be interviewed for the Ric Flair 30 for 30 that's being produced as we speak. If not, why?

Have a great day and BTW I went 9-1 on my Fox Sports college football picks last week. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally.

Boomer Sooner!

J.R.     @JRsBBQ 

200w.gif

I swear because of the way that clothes were worn in the 80s, it seemed like women's bodies were shaped differently. 

WWE isn't going to do nothing outrageous.. I'm cutting people off when they're talking over the top.. like..

"I think WWE is going to give Dean the title because.."

@4wrestling
@OwensStr8Clownin
@Quell
@Joe Cool23

Here's the questionnaire, just complete it, and pm it back to me.
Name:
NT name:
Twitter/Instagram:
Address (for shipping):
Favorite Wrestler’s (current/all-time):
Any specific wrestling memorabilia you collect?
Do you like independent wrestling?
Do you still watch wrestling dvd’s/blu rays?
Do you currently have the WWE Network, New Japan World, or any other wrestling streaming service?
Shirt/Hoodie size:
Shoe size:
Gaming system:
Favorite sport’s teams:
Favorite tv shows/movies/comics:
Hobbies:
What did you receive last year in the NTWTSS?
@jdcurt2  sent via pm

Back
Top Bottom