FPS is flourishing the past few yrs
laugh.gif

I wonder whats going to take the helm next
3d platformers
nerd.gif

144838_screenshot_07_l.jpg

smokin.gif

Last edited:
So quick question, I made my Xbox my home Xbox can I undo that and make my buddies Xbox my home Xbox?

So quick question, I made my Xbox my home Xbox can I undo that and make my buddies Xbox my home Xbox?
You can. However I don't think you'll be able to use that instant downloading feature via smartglass.

I think that eveything you download from there will be downloaded to your buddy's xbox, instead of yours.

I'm basing that off of how it works on ps4.

I think many of us just need a break from the FPS genre. I've been playing FPS (mostly CoD) since 07.  Problem is, they're the easiest games to play with friends.

^ No other genre is springing to mind.

But if they're making a game for VR it makes sense for it to be first person.

Eh.. a few come to mind

- free to play then pay to win

- Zombie survival

- Episodic games

- 3rd person action adventure that contains 3/4 fetch quests and 1/4 predictable stories

- The yearly revamp of sports games (although about 10 years ago it was worse because there were multiple franchises of each sport :lol:)

[COLOR=#red]
Zombies was the first that came to mind.
[/COLOR]

Yes you can. However, you can only change your "home" Xbox once every four months.

This was the case when I did it about 6 months ago so things could have changed.

Until another genre can produce a blockbuster online game on consoles, FPS games will be King.

So that leaves RTS, MOBA, and TPS games. TPS is the only one I think that has a shot.

Until another genre can produce a blockbuster online game on consoles, FPS games will be King.

So that leaves RTS, MOBA, and TPS games. TPS is the only one I think that has a shot.

If the developers find a way to do it right, moba could blow up on console

or a variation thereof.

The division could be the 3rd person shooter that rattles the FPS cage... but idk

Last edited:

I think many of us just need a break from the FPS genre. I've been playing FPS (mostly CoD) since 07.  Problem is, they're the easiest games to play with friends.
I love the fps genre, but I'm not into the competitive modes as I was when cod4 dropped.

Now I'm really enjoying loot/shoot fpsers or story driven modes.

Didn't respawn shut down? Or did Robert bowlings one shut down

Bowling's shut down

Respawn is probably swimming in cash right now

Ah ok

You can. However I don't think you'll be able to use that instant downloading feature via smartglass.
I think that eveything you download from there will be downloaded to your buddy's xbox, instead of yours.

I'm basing that off of how it works on ps4.

Hmm but if I'm logged in to my GT i would think it would dl to my Xbox or I wonder if I can designate where I want the download to go.

Yes you can. However, you can only change your "home" Xbox once every four months.

This was the case when I did it about 6 months ago so things could have changed.

Well at least you can change.

If the developers find a way to do it right, moba could blow on on console

or a variation thereof.

The division could be the 3rd person shooter that rattles the FPS cage... but idk

Nah doubt it. At the end of the day all TPS games coming out now are just use a variantion of the gameplay Gear's perfected.

Hmm but if I'm logged in to my GT i would think it would dl to my Xbox or I wonder if I can designate where I want the download to go.

If you're purchasing via your xb1, it'll dl to that.

If you're purchasing via xbox.com or the xbox app, most likely it'll dl to the xb1 you've made your home console.

I'd need to test this to confirm.

If the developers find a way to do it right, moba could blow up on console

or a variation thereof.

Kind of a cop-out answer, but I i think the next dominant genre will be any genre that experiences a significant gameplay innovation. FPS had been around for more than a decade before COD4, and COD4 didn't really change anything to the tried-and-true shooter mechanics. Where COD4 excelled was in how well it implemented the relatively new idea of adding experience, progression and unlockables to FPS. From that point on almost all FPS have been forced to compete not on the strength of their gunplay, but on the enjoyment of their progression system

If The Division can really bring the goods, unlike Destiny garbage, its possible that a true open-world, RPG TPS could be the next wave
Or maybe a Fallout/Skyrim type game that successfully integrates huge single player adventure with the non-crappy parts of MMO

But I agree with Rusty that the competitive side of FPS will always make it the easiest genre to dominate the online market

Last edited:
In cliffnote form, what's wrong with halo again?

The campaigns work and I just played a game of halo 4, which is the best halo gameplay wise.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I even got the last kill.
glasses.gif

Last edited:
In cliffnote form, what's wrong with halo again?
The campaigns work and I just played a game of halo 4, which is the best halo gameplay wise.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I even got the last kill.8)  

iYen iYen IMO, its mostly residual damage on the Multiplayer side of the house (Campaign worked well in my experience)

1. No ranking across all playlists 3 months after release
  2. The use of PC ports for H1 and H2 present issues that veterans will more than likely notice (the game works for casual players)
  3. Games starting with uneven teams is still present (not as common as before)
  4. Not all matches are on dedicated servers; still a heavy reliance on host connections
  5. User populations are quite diminished which takes away from the ability to match you with individuals of similar rank/skill (more of an issue once ranks are introduced)
  6. Joining parties still presents limited issues (nowhere near as bad as at launch)

At the end of the day, its all about perspective. If you look at from the perspective of "does this game work?", the answer is yes poorly but yes it does work. Campaigns are available to play with little to no issues and running matchmaking by yourself its very doable.

However, if you critique the game against the expectations set by the developer (not nostalgia), IMO it is a bust.

Whether or not the use of the phrase "as you remembered it" by Bonnie Ross was meant to be taken as fact or as a marketing buzzword, it doesn't make a difference as it will be taken for face value. I remember that Halo had a matchmaking system that assigned me a rank (point 1 above) and matched me with individuals of a similar skill set.

As for the use of PC ports instead of XBOX ports, it may have not been deliberate but it shows poor research from the development team as the issues in all PC ports have been quite apparent for years.

The argument that people such as myself are very critical of this game because of the nostalgia is true to a certain extent. However, if I look at this from a business or management perspective, I see this as a project team who set an expectation but were not able to meet it. Whether or not this is a result of an aggressive timetable, lack of resources or both, it makes no difference from a project management standpoint.

At the end of the day, its all about perspective....

Edit: I know I broad stroked a few points...too tired from work lol sorry

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been addressed guys. Not a really big gamer. Just a 2K and Madden player for the most part. I bought the $25 Microsoft headset adapter so that I can use my Beats Studios when playing online and talk to my friends. I can hear the gameplay sound through the headset but can't figure out how to hear the other player and he can't hear me even though I'm using the red Beats mic cable. Any suggestions?
beats won't work U need turtle beaches polk audio or jlab ear buds from Amazon

Can't confirm we both have EA Access, I believe it should work tho because once one person dls a game they should be able to DL it as usual, maybe you will have to sign in the app on both consoles to ensure if recognizes the license.

Back
Top Bottom