Y-3 Qasa

[emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji] dope kicks! I got the same ones last month. Now I'm on the hunt for qasa triple blacks in size 11. I missed the pair on kith, any other leads?

Just noticed the florals have a different pattern from shoe to shoe. Pretty cool.
yeah it's a luck of the draw kinda thing with the prints...  my pair was ok, could've been better but i'm not mad at it 
laugh.gif

the toebox ***** that entire Y3 "Kobe" all up..... 

that shoe isn't for everyone but I think it's kinda fly..... 

General rule of thumb, anything over $200 and you run the risk of getting hit with customs/duties. 

End does not mark down their packages.

I hear what your saying but I have ordered from them before without incident. For instance I ordered the qasa low primeknits for $339 and the only extra cost was the $11.95 shipping.

I know its not a huge savings but I figured $339 w/ free shipping still cheaper than the $365 + shipping from the Y-3 site for the particular style and cw that END is currently offering.

Some boutiques/stores will change the value of what they're sending to save the customs hassle and fees.

I think he's saying END doens't do that and will mark the actual worth of the package they're sending on the shipping label, so you'll get his with custom fees.

I like the Y-3 Hayworths but think Kobes are hideous. The all black Y-3 shoe was great, this new one looks more like Kobes while the other one had a more sock boot look.

Some boutiques/stores will change the value of what they're sending to save the customs hassle and fees.

I think he's saying END doens't do that and will mark the actual worth of the package they're sending on the shipping label, so you'll get his with custom fees.

Thanks for trying to explain further. I have ordered from END a bunch of times and only paid the price shown and the $11.95 shipping. Have I just been getting lucky with custom fees? Just asking because I really don't know. Are these fees charged beforehand because I have not seen anything like that yet. What stores normally charge these vat fees? I have been using END and Matches Fashion without incident but it would be nice to be aware.

Yeah, sometimes they don't charge you. But general rule is $200 USD and under is safe and anything over you run a risk. I've heard of people getting a bill from FedEX two months after delivery.

Thanks for trying to explain further. I have ordered from END a bunch of times and only paid the price shown and the $11.95 shipping. Have I just been getting lucky with custom fees? Just asking because I really don't know. Are these fees charged beforehand because I have not seen anything like that yet. What stores normally charge these vat fees? I have been using END and Matches Fashion without incident but it would be nice to be aware.

Yeah, you're just lucky. Ive been hit BIG from END everytime I ordered over $200 USD. The stores, like END, dont charge the customs fees. The shipper FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. does. Sometimes stores like Oki-Ni will mark them down like others have already said, but END and many others don't. It takes weeks sometimes or maybe a couple months before you get the letter from FedEx, but I definitely didnt have your luck. :frown:

There are a bunch of factors that go into determining how much the fees will be, declared value, the weight/size of the package, the item goods code (all goods will be categorized- what type of goods, what brand, what country was it made, what materials...), the fee that the shipper charges to you on top of the fees to enter the US, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, sometimes they don't charge you. But general rule is $200 USD and under is safe and anything over you run a risk. I've heard of people getting a bill from FedEX two months after delivery.

Yeah, you're just lucky. Ive been hit BIG from END everytime I ordered over $200 USD. The stores, like END, dont charge the customs fees. The shipper FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. does. Sometimes stores like Oki-Ni will mark them down like others have already said, but END and many others don't. It takes weeks sometimes or maybe a couple months before you get the letter from FedEx, but I definitely didnt have your luck.
frown.gif

There are a bunch of factors that go into determining how much the fees will be, declared value, the weight/size of the package, the item goods code (all goods will be categorized- what type of goods, what brand, what country was it made, what materials...), the fee that the shipper charges to you on top of the fees to enter the US, etc.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I first started ordering from them late last year before x-mas and my latest order being the other week. So I am just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope my luck holds out!

I am located in PA and I am 10-15 min away from the Fed-ex and UPS pickup spots. Not sure if that has anything to with it.

it's a tax for imported goods, so where they go once across the border doesn't make much of a difference. basically, the government is encouraging its consumers to buy from domestic retailers and if you choose to buy from international ones then you have to pay the tariff once it enters the country (as mentioned, usually the threshold is $200)

Yeah, you're just lucky. Ive been hit BIG from END everytime I ordered over $200 USD. The stores, like END, dont charge the customs fees. The shipper FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. does. Sometimes stores like Oki-Ni will mark them down like others have already said, but END and many others don't. It takes weeks sometimes or maybe a couple months before you get the letter from FedEx, but I definitely didnt have your luck. :frown:

How much you ended up paying for import tax?

Hey guys! I am willing to buy a Qasa Low II , and my problem is that i am usually a size US 10, went to a store which has Y-3s and tried on a size US 9 1/3 of the Qasa Lows and i felt that i still have some space in it. Is it supposed to be really tight? Or a bit loose fit because of the slip on style? It was really comfy though, except the fact that my foot was moving a bit in it !

Last edited:
Hey guys! I am willing to buy a Qasa Low II , and my problem is that i am usually a size US 10, went to a store which has Y-3s and tried on a size US 9 1/3 of the Qasa Lows and i felt that i still have some space in it. Is it supposed to be really tight? Or a bit loose fit because of the slip on style? It was really comfy though, except the fact that my foot was moving a bit in it !

I usually wear size 12 in Nikes and size 11 in Adidas Tubulars. Recently got the Qasa 2 low primeknit in size 11. They fit with toe wiggle room, heel moves a bit when walking but doesn't actually slip out. Due to the slant of the front I'm not sure if I could go down to a 10.5, maybe too tight or ruin the look of the shoe. Any other qasa 2 low owners out there?

I usually wear size 12 in Nikes and size 11 in Adidas Tubulars. Recently got the Qasa 2 low primeknit in size 11. They fit with toe wiggle room, heel moves a bit when walking but doesn't actually slip out. Due to the slant of the front I'm not sure if I could go down to a 10.5, maybe too tight or ruin the look of the shoe. Any other qasa 2 low owners out there?
Fellow Qasa II Low owner checking in - Had I known it was going to be as loose as it is, I would've sized down 1 full size. There's tons of wiggle room and in order for me to even it out, I have to wear either thick socks or put an extra sole in.

Back
Top Bottom