Y-3 Qasa

Has anyone heard of fakes floating around of the retro boost. Just trying to cover my bases before copping.
this is the style I am talking aboout, http://store.y-3.com/us/y3store/sneakers_cod44877014rj.html
Yes, there are fakes of this shoe. And they still look pretty bad because Y-3 shoes never get the same attention as Yeezy/Jordans so the factories don't put the effort needed necessary to make them look close to authentics.

Yeah I've seen all styles of Retro Boost on counterfeit sites before. Not sure how good they are now. The previous ones used to be pretty bad, but it's really not a hard shoe to replicate.

Yes, there are fakes of this shoe. And they still look pretty bad because Y-3 shoes never get the same attention as Yeezy/Jordans so the factories don't put the effort needed necessary to make them look close to authentics.

I appreciate the fast replies guys! I cant post pics up from the listing since I am at work. But here is the listing, if you wouldnt mind giving me your opinion. We already worked out everything, payment is the next step but I would feel better going in with peace of mind or bailing if need be.

https://www.grailed.com/listings/258564

Thing is I have the blue pair that I got from END but I still cant tell.

Quote:

Yeah I've seen all styles of Retro Boost on counterfeit sites before. Not sure how good they are now. The previous ones used to be pretty bad, but it's really not a hard shoe to replicate.

I appreciate the fast replies guys! I cant post pics up from the listing since I am at work. But here is the listing, if you wouldnt mind giving me your opinion. We already worked out everything, payment is the next step but I would feel better going in with peace of mind or bailing if need be.

https://www.grailed.com/listings/258564

Thing is I have the blue pair that I got from END but I still cant tell.
Legit.

Fakes don't come with waxed laces and the rear band's triple stripes are protruding. They should NOT be flush with the material.

Feel free to post more authenticity checks.

Last edited:

Quote:

Legit.

Fakes don't come with waxed laces and the rear band's triple stripes are protruding. They should NOT be flush with the material.

Feel free to post more authenticity checks.
great info! Appreciate it, thank you!

These came in and I am in love. Wouldn't say they're worth retail though.

Tried them on instore and was just waiting for a better price, so when the SJS sale came along i knew i had to cop.

These came in and I am in love. Wouldn't say they're worth retail though.

Tried them on instore and was just waiting for a better price, so when the SJS sale came along i knew i had to cop.

How are they on feet to you, aesthetically speaking?

How are they on feet to you, aesthetically speaking?
Here's a quick on-foot picture.

Honestly, it's a strange looking shoe. Kinda reminds me of a platypus bill actually.

But I like look of it a lot, and the mix of the unstructured forefoot and structured heel is different and pretty darn unique.

And looking at the photo it looks really long on foot, and this is already a US 7.5.

Not really sure how bigger sizes would look on long-footers.

Also, the knit is pretty much a sock, so thankfully i have narrow, unobtrusive feet.

If you have hobbit-like feet it'll just stick out through the knit upper and look really strange.

Just some initial thoughts, I'll see how they fit in the rotation and i might update the thread again then.

Honestly, it's a strange looking shoe. Kinda reminds me of a platypus bill actually.

But I like look of it a lot, and the mix of the unstructured forefoot and structured heel is different and pretty darn unique.

And looking at the photo it looks really long on foot, and this is already a US 7.5.

Also, the knit is pretty much a sock, so thankfully i have narrow, unobtrusive feet.

If you have hobbit-like feet it'll just stick out through the knit upper and look really strange.

Just some initial thoughts, I'll see how they fit in the rotation and i might update the thread again then.

Well thanks for the reply, I definitely have hobbit feet or as my lady refers to them, "Flintstone feet". Thanks for helping dodge a bullet lol

Anytime man!

And one more thing, i kinda wished i'd sized a full size down.

I wear 8.5 in GLVs, Flyknit Racers/Lunars and Ultra Boosts, 8 in Pure Boosts and most other shoes.

I got the QR boosts in a US 7.5 and it fits comfortably but i'd prefer a snugger fit. US 7 would've been spot on.

Last edited:
Anytime man!

And one more thing, i kinda wished i'd sized a full size down.

I wear 8.5 in GLVs, Flyknit Racers/Lunars and Ultra Boosts, 8 in Pure Boosts and most other shoes.

I got the QR boosts in a US 7.5 and it fits comfortably but i'd prefer a snugger fit. US 7 would've been spot on.

Would it be your opinion that the sizing and even the obtrusiveness of the foot is tied more to the style of the shoe or more to the fact of the knitted upper? I ask because I notice differences in my qasa lows with the one pair being the prime knit.

Would it be your opinion that the sizing and even the obtrusiveness of the foot is tied more to the style of the shoe or more to the fact of the knitted upper? I ask because I notice differences in my qasa lows with the one pair being the prime knit.
Can't say for sure, but the only other pair is the Retro Boost and i think the neoprene and primeknit uppers are pretty similar in terms of thickness and stretchiness.

I think both uppers fit the same. I'd do the same size for both Retro Boosts and QR Boosts, with Retro boosts fitting a little narrower.

Last edited:

Here's a quick on-foot picture.

I love these, man. I hope to order mine soon. Just curious how comfortable are they? They look very, very well made. 

View media item 1792996
Don't post here much but thanks for the sizing info on these. Stuck with my true adidas size of 11.5 and they fit perfect. I have a wide foot and they feel narrow so if I went down a half size, they would have been wearable but tighter than I like.

A little over 200 from SJS so I'll find out if I get that customs bill from DHL or not.

I love these, man. I hope to order mine soon. Just curious how comfortable are they? They look very, very well made. 
They aren't as comfy as a full boost sole for sure, but walking around the house they are definitely comfy enough.

It's a firmer ride, and the boost in the forefoot works well.

The knit upper is ridiculously comfy though, much like the uppers on Ultra Boosts, but softer.

Quick update: So my package cleared customs but DHL hasn't sent me a request to pay any fees yet. The package was supposed to be delivered today but it was in customs for so long it probably won't come until tomorrow.

Quick update: So my package cleared customs but DHL hasn't sent me a request to pay any fees yet. The package was supposed to be delivered today but it was in customs for so long it probably won't come until tomorrow.
Usually you won't get a bill until afterwards, which is technically not legit because they have to ask you if you want to accept the package with the stated clearance fees (which should only be about $8 or 3% whichever is higher for DHL). Note, I'm talking about clerance fee, not the actual custom fee which you will be charged regardless. You can technically refuse to accept the package and clear the package yourself by filling out paperwork and going to a US agency for customs, but I figure sometimes the fee is worth the convenience.

Last edited:
Anyone knows where to cop a Cream White Retro Boost in 8.5US? Ordered mine through Espionage 3 weeks ago and just knew TODAY why they haven't sent mine...they're out of stock!
mad.gif

Just wondering, does UK 8 equivalent to US 8.5 for the retro boost? Saw a size chart for the retro boost on a site that states UK 8 = US 8. Thought it was a typo at their part. I emailed them and their response was 

"The manufacturer advises that a UK size 8 is the equivalent of a US size 8 in this brand"

Now this made me hold back my order. Anyone can confirm this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom