Yes, White men can jump. Jacob Tucker of Illinois College

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by ABC

Just talked to my school's assistant coach... apparently Jacob Tucker can shoot, too. He led his team in scoring. Sounds like he probably should have gone D-1...
So, why didn't he?  

A lot of people are disillusioned about the talent level at D3. The best player on each team could probably have a shot at making a D1 team. For whatever reason, kids get overlooked... small high schools, injuries, not playing AAU, etc... I used to think that D3 was basically like high school competition. Once I started watching my school and the teams that came in, I realized that the talent is much higher than I thought. There's a kid on my school's team that transferred in from a D2, and he is probably the 5th or 6th best kid on the squad. D1 kids even transfer in and aren't that good.

Originally Posted by ABC

Just talked to my school's assistant coach... apparently Jacob Tucker can shoot, too. He led his team in scoring. Sounds like he probably should have gone D-1...
So, why didn't he?  

A lot of people are disillusioned about the talent level at D3. The best player on each team could probably have a shot at making a D1 team. For whatever reason, kids get overlooked... small high schools, injuries, not playing AAU, etc... I used to think that D3 was basically like high school competition. Once I started watching my school and the teams that came in, I realized that the talent is much higher than I thought. There's a kid on my school's team that transferred in from a D2, and he is probably the 5th or 6th best kid on the squad. D1 kids even transfer in and aren't that good.

I just heard him talk for the first time.  I was floored to hear how nerdy he talks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ABC

Originally Posted by ABC

So, why didn't he?  

give me some names of D1 kids that transfer to D3 who doesn't kill the league or is one of the top players on the team. I'll be waiting

Originally Posted by ABC

Originally Posted by ABC

So, why didn't he?  

give me some names of D1 kids that transfer to D3 who doesn't kill the league or is one of the top players on the team. I'll be waiting

Originally Posted by friscostylez

Originally Posted by ABC

So, why didn't he?  

Nobody has a list of those guys but it happens all the time.  Alot of where u play is who you know.  There was a kid that played at VCU then went D-3.  He was nothing to talk about but coming outta HS his dad had some connects.  The point is the don't get caught up labeling guys D-I, D-II, or D-III.  You gotta put the ball out and see who can play.  I've seen some D3 guys how shouldn't play on the college level....and then some D3 guys who could play D1 easy.  Too many players out here these days and everybody isn't gonna get seen and offered a D1 scholarship BUT that doesnt mean they can't play.

Originally Posted by friscostylez

Originally Posted by ABC

So, why didn't he?  

Nobody has a list of those guys but it happens all the time.  Alot of where u play is who you know.  There was a kid that played at VCU then went D-3.  He was nothing to talk about but coming outta HS his dad had some connects.  The point is the don't get caught up labeling guys D-I, D-II, or D-III.  You gotta put the ball out and see who can play.  I've seen some D3 guys how shouldn't play on the college level....and then some D3 guys who could play D1 easy.  Too many players out here these days and everybody isn't gonna get seen and offered a D1 scholarship BUT that doesnt mean they can't play.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

If the kid can hoop, his viral campaign is pure genius. He's got people talking about him and there is a buzz. I am in NO WAY saying he'll make a NBA roster, but he might get a SL invite or garner interest from a team overseas. His dunking ability may have opened some doors for him as far as displaying his talents in another spectrum.

this is true.  I think the point of the video was just to get invited to the NCAA dunk contest though. Never know what can happen. 

His dunks don't look natural tho.  Just looks like he worked really hard at his vert. idk how to explain it but it bothers me some dudes never go off 1 ft.

And I'm not "hating" the video is amazing
pimp.gif

Yea I have to agree with this, it looks like he is the type that was on strength shoes, Air Alert, or does alot of exercises for explosiveness.  Not hating but if that is what you gotta do to get up, then do you.  Like if he took a month off from whatever he did to get up like this, he vert would drop quick, fast and in a hurry.  

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

If the kid can hoop, his viral campaign is pure genius. He's got people talking about him and there is a buzz. I am in NO WAY saying he'll make a NBA roster, but he might get a SL invite or garner interest from a team overseas. His dunking ability may have opened some doors for him as far as displaying his talents in another spectrum.

this is true.  I think the point of the video was just to get invited to the NCAA dunk contest though. Never know what can happen. 

His dunks don't look natural tho.  Just looks like he worked really hard at his vert. idk how to explain it but it bothers me some dudes never go off 1 ft.

And I'm not "hating" the video is amazing
pimp.gif

Yea I have to agree with this, it looks like he is the type that was on strength shoes, Air Alert, or does alot of exercises for explosiveness.  Not hating but if that is what you gotta do to get up, then do you.  Like if he took a month off from whatever he did to get up like this, he vert would drop quick, fast and in a hurry.  

Yea, he did work on his vert.  If you watch the dunk videos from when he was a fresh/soph to now you will see an incredible difference in the quality of his dunks.  It's like night and day.  Idk how that matters that though.  

Yea, he did work on his vert.  If you watch the dunk videos from when he was a fresh/soph to now you will see an incredible difference in the quality of his dunks.  It's like night and day.  Idk how that matters that though.  

yo the dude john clark is lame. He is 6'10 and he dunks on low rims. hes jumping like 30 inches!

yo the dude john clark is lame. He is 6'10 and he dunks on low rims. hes jumping like 30 inches!

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Dude had bounce but his actual game was embarrassing.

QFT. Saw him play once, and he is awful
laugh.gif

swyftdahoe wrote:
goukiteg wrote:
Does anyone know if he played volleyball? He jumps like one.

pimp.gif
volleyball player checking in

I taught a few of my boys a simple 3-step approach for their two-feet gathers, and they all are
eek.gif
when the realize how much higher you get with a little form and technique

you sure? hes right handed and hes jumping with a left right takeoff. i thought thats not done in volleyball

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Dude had bounce but his actual game was embarrassing.

QFT. Saw him play once, and he is awful
laugh.gif

swyftdahoe wrote:
goukiteg wrote:
Does anyone know if he played volleyball? He jumps like one.

pimp.gif
volleyball player checking in

I taught a few of my boys a simple 3-step approach for their two-feet gathers, and they all are
eek.gif
when the realize how much higher you get with a little form and technique

you sure? hes right handed and hes jumping with a left right takeoff. i thought thats not done in volleyball

I still cant believe there are no in game dunks of him on youtube. You have guys like vince carter who have that one step two leg gather do it in game. Other guys jump off of one leg. There's no excuse

I still cant believe there are no in game dunks of him on youtube. You have guys like vince carter who have that one step two leg gather do it in game. Other guys jump off of one leg. There's no excuse

Back
Top Bottom