Yo realtalk, New York may be the worst city ever

for those that know my love of urbanity, people say i would love SF, but yet i have little desire to visit...

i think because, in my mind, Cali is a giant beach...my uncle lives in San Clemente, OC on the beach, and has taken me to Daygo and LA beaches before, which were all nice...

SF/Bay weather seems too cold for me to actually enjoy the beach, which defeats the whole purpose of Cali in my mind...

iono maybe im weird...

Last edited:
Been getting my travel on accross the states and getting to see other cities, the last one being Seattle and I must say the PNW takes a dump on NYC and the entire eastcoast....so DAMB beautiful bruhs

They still got that real high suicide rate?

for those that know my love of urbanity, people say i would love SF, but yet i have little desire to visit...

i think because, in my mind, Cali is a giant beach...my uncle lives in San Clemente, OC on the beach, and has taken me to Daygo and LA beaches before, which were all nice...

SF/Bay weather seems too cold for me to actually enjoy the beach, which defeats the whole purpose of Cali in my mind...

iono maybe im weird...

During the day, it's usually sunny 3/4 of the year to enjoy the beach. The fog usually moves in around the late afternoon, early evening for most of the time. Lately though, it's been sunny a lot.

Grown men arguing about which city is the best
indifferent.gif
Meanwhile I've never gotten the chance to leave the Midwest yet reading over this thread like...

black-kid-staring-gif.gif

So should NY be completely avoided in February?

That's the only time I'll have to visit for awhile. I thought about going since I've never been, but I'd think that it'd be RIDICULOUSLY cold then.

I'm from Texas, it's been in the 30's lately, anything below 50 is cold to me. :lol:

So should NY be completely avoided in February?

That's the only time I'll have to visit for awhile. I thought about going since I've never been, but I'd think that it'd be RIDICULOUSLY cold then.

I'm from Texas, it's been in the 30's lately, anything below 50 is cold to me. :lol:
Yeah winter is a crappy time to visit. If you could deal with layering up and tolerate snow, feel free to visit but it's gonna be brick.

Just recently coming back from Seattle. Great city. Hands down. Very similar to NYC in a couple ways as well. Borough-esque structure, diversity, interesting places to see.

But comparing those 2 cities is like apples and oranges. They both have a completely different vibe and makeup.

Seattle is very chill, very reminiscent of SF vibe to me. NYC is action mostly all the time.

But based on visiting either city and your intent to explore...gotta give it to NYC. Much more to offer in terms of a vacation experience. Don't get me wrong, Seattle is in my Top 3 cities in America thus far but as a tourist/visitor...your gonna remember being in NYC more....for good or for bad.

But as an born and raised east coast kid...I dream of moving out to the West. I've lived in NYC for almost 30 years and I've got to know it intimately as many other native NYC'ers have done, mostly by riding on it's subway, walking amongst our people, and being in our different neighborhoods. But at this point in my life, a change of scenery and pace/quality of life calls to me.

If I can't things popping for me over here within the next 2 years when the dust settles with my career path...moving to cali or seattle.

Just recently coming back from Seattle. Great city. Hands down. Very similar to NYC in a couple ways as well. Borough-esque structure, diversity, interesting places to see.

But comparing those 2 cities is like apples and oranges. They both have a completely different vibe and makeup.

Seattle is very chill, very reminiscent of SF vibe to me. NYC is action mostly all the time.

But based on visiting either city and your intent to explore...gotta give it to NYC. Much more to offer in terms of a vacation experience. Don't get me wrong, Seattle is in my Top 3 cities in America thus far but as a tourist/visitor...your gonna remember being in NYC more....for good or for bad.

But as an born and raised east coast kid...I dream of moving out to the West. I've lived in NYC for almost 30 years and I've got to know it intimately as many other native NYC'ers have done, mostly by riding on it's subway, walking amongst our people, and being in our different neighborhoods. But at this point in my life, a change of scenery and pace/quality of life calls to me.

If I can't things popping for me over here within the next 2 years when the dust settles with my career path...moving to cali or seattle.
Funny I'm ready to go East (or Austin). In fact, if it wasn't so damn cold, I'd would've been in Chitown by now. Gotta still explore Philly and Boston, heard good things about City Center and what Boston has to offer. Need to prepare myself for the cold though. Only been under 30 degree weather once and was not 100% (didn't know long johns existed and didn't know layering was the way to go).

Chicago is a weak *** city. Can't wait to get out of this steaming pile of ****.
Chicago has a sick as skyline compared to NYC, plus it doesn't have all that pretentious BS that Manhattan festers. Out of all the big cities, Chitown is the only one I've been to that didn't feel fake, prentintious, or show-off(ie). Too bad it's cold as hell.

Last edited:
Chicago has a sick as skyline compared to NYC, plus it doesn't have all that pretentious BS that Manhattan festers. Out of all the big cities, Chitown is the only one I've been too that didn't feel fake, prentintious, or show-off(ie). Too bad it's cold as hell.

I'll admit Chicago has the best skyline and architecture of any city I have ever been in, which is quite a few. Chicago really benefited from the fire tbt. But NYC is at least stepping their game up. They contracted Chicago architects for a few of the upcoming supertalls. But I'd rather live in a trash looking city than a trash one. Also I like how NYC looks at street level if that makes sense. When you are walking around it is a much more captivating city than Chicago imo. But looking at it from afar then Chicago takes the lead.

Chicago has much worse pretentious pricks than NYC, just a lot fewer since the city is smaller. If the conversation ever comes up, you will not be considered a true chicagoan unless you were born and raised her. Thats how Chicagoans are with their weak *** midwest inferiority complex. :smh: But they claim Kanye who was born in Chicago. Don't matter if you lived here 20 years Chicagoans love to belittle you not being "true chicagoan".

Pretentious people all over Lakeview, Wrigleyville, and the surrounding areas.

People here don't know how to style and it hurts my soul.

The segregation here is disgusting. Literally the worst in America. Even worse than cities in southern states (seriously look it up). :smh:

Honestly I met a lot of NYers who say "if you pay taxes here you are a NYer". After all 1 in 3 NYers were born outside the country.

Subway >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L trains. No two ways about it.

Chicago makes my ******* **** soft

NYC > London >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No other city matters

Last edited:
it's about the current influx of new "new yorkers". the gentrification. new money coming in and pushing the natives out.

Another one of these "stop gentrifying my city post". City been gentrified when half the residents need rent control just to be able to afford that city.

Yup. If you're below 96th street taking the bus is a waste of time. Just walk. I walk almost everywhere in manhattan

NY in the winter as a whole is just :x

I forgot to say Chicago is worse than NY when it comes to temperature. NY is worse when it comes to snow tho. A sacrafice I am willing to make

I'll admit Chicago has the best skyline and architecture of any city I have ever been in, which is quite a few. Chicago really benefited from the fire tbt. But NYC is at least stepping their game up. They contracted Chicago architects for a few of the upcoming supertalls. But I'd rather live in a trash looking city than a trash one. Also I like how NYC looks at street level if that makes sense. When you are walking around it is a much more captivating city than Chicago imo. But looking at it from afar then Chicago takes the lead.

Chicago has much worse pretentious pricks than NYC, just a lot fewer since the city is smaller. If the conversation ever comes up, you will not be considered a true chicagoan unless you were born and raised her. Thats how Chicagoans are with their weak *** midwest inferiority complex. :smh: But they claim Kanye who was born in Chicago. Don't matter if you lived here 20 years Chicagoans love to belittle you not being "true chicagoan".

Pretentious people all over Lakeview, Wrigleyville, and the surrounding areas.

People here don't know how to style and it hurts my soul.

The segregation here is disgusting. Literally the worst in America. Even worse than cities in southern states (seriously look it up). :smh:

Honestly I met a lot of NYers who say "if you pay taxes here you are a NYer". After all 1 in 3 NYers were born outside the country.

Subway >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L trains. No two ways about it.

Chicago makes my ******* **** soft

NYC > London >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No other city matters

:lol: How many NYers do you know ? It's the same exact thing here. If you weren't born or raised here, they'll never fully accept you.

Back
Top Bottom