Yo realtalk, New York may be the worst city ever

Im born and raised in BK, left in '06 and moved to MD. I wouldn't say it is the worst city ever, especially since I haven't had the pleasure to visit all of them. What I will say is the allure and appeal weared off after a few years being out here. Reality set in and showed me that NYC isn't all its cracked up to be. Many things that we overlook living there, turns me off when I go back to visit.

OP isn't too far off, but I wouldn't call it the worst. I would say it isn't as appealing as it has been portrayed to be, but what city is?

As someone that grew up both places, MD doesn't compare to NY. It's cleaner and a better place to raise your kids, but that's about it. What do you love about MD that made you stop and say that NY is overrated?

Im born and raised in BK, left in '06 and moved to MD. I wouldn't say it is the worst city ever, especially since I haven't had the pleasure to visit all of them. What I will say is the allure and appeal weared off after a few years being out here. Reality set in and showed me that NYC isn't all its cracked up to be. Many things that we overlook living there, turns me off when I go back to visit.

OP isn't too far off, but I wouldn't call it the worst. I would say it isn't as appealing as it has been portrayed to be, but what city is?

As someone that grew up both places, MD doesn't compare to NY. It's cleaner and a better place to raise your kids, but that's about it. What do you love about MD that made you stop and say that NY is overrated?
MD the state is def better than NY state..but no city is comparing to NYC overall tho

MD the state is def better than NY state..but no city is comparing to NYC overall tho

Naw, not really. I'd take the country parts of NY over MD's anyday. Better major city, better suburbs, better rich area, better rural area.

But even then there's beautiful scenery, skiing, niagara falls etc.
and close enough to Canada...but the 50 feet of snowfall a year that upstate NY gets even scares away this winter warrior

however, OCMD > Niagara falls ...
pimp.gif

Last edited:
and close enough to Canada...but the 50 feet of snowfall a year that upstate NY gets even scares away this winter warrior

however, OCMD > Niagara falls ...:pimp:  

eh that comparison is kind of apples to oranges though. Niagara falls is a tourist attraction while OC is a place to go relax and for the nice ocean.

I've only been to niagra falls a few times, I visit Buffalo more often. The amount of places to eat is great and I wish we had a Wegmans where I live.

as much as ppl want sf to be like ny, it's not. i just wish the ppl that move out here realize that.

Very true. These are the NYers that we see and hear out here that we learn to hate. Point blank....SF is just different. I was just getting crap from my coworker how it sucks that SF has no rooftop bars or any good delis. I am like dude....that is like going to Italy and complaining how there is no good Chinese. You just can't want something out there that doesn't necessarily exist.

I would say it's the "best", but it isnt saying much. It could be a lot better if it wasnt full of bureaucracy. Never been to SF, but I think Ill be there often because my brother-in-law is moving there.

I've been to LA on a few occasions, traffic has to be the absolute worst

Well, our public transportation in just SF is fine. To get around is easy and even getting taxis/Ubers are easy as well. What makes public transportation bad is say for people that work here. Obviously cost of living is super high but our trains only go so far out where a lot of people still have to drive to the city or drive to the nearest train. Our trains need to expand and that'd help out and give more options for people to even live farther away from work where it is cheaper.

It doesn't even compare.

system-map.gif
plan_train_new_york.png

Overall BART is crap compared to any other decent public transit system.

It's GREAT for getting to a handful of downtown city centers aka commuting to and from work but that's it.

I'm being harsh because that was quite literally it's only intended purpose when it was funded but all things considered, it's pretty subpar for a world class city.

eyes.gif
 dont deny it
Naw, not really. I'd take the country parts of NY over MD's anyday. Better major city, better suburbs, better rich area, better rural area.
stop it fam, you trippin now. MD as a whole is extremely diverse in just overal cultures you can experience throughout the whole entire state, nothing compared to NYC but when we talkin bout NY state imma have to hand it to MD when it comes to state to state
No different than MD.
it's bedtime hunny, go put your PJ's on, you know you start talking reckless when your tired.

Heading out next month on the 3rd for the weekend with 3kids and wifey. Gonna shack up at a Telly next to JFK. Is renting a car worth it ??

Better off staying by laguardia if possible.
If you'll just be doing tourist stuff, I doubt you should rent a car.
^^^
Good looks.. If I was solo, rent a car would def be a no go and I'd b foot soldier. Just curious on the ride via subway & time from queens to the attractions/manhattan on the weekends and if it's safe with lil kids

Last edited:
Better off staying by laguardia if possible.
If you'll just be doing tourist stuff, I doubt you should rent a car.
^^^
Good looks.. If I was solo, rent a car would def be a no go and I'd b foot soldier. Just curious on the ride via subway & time from queens to the attractions/manhattan on the weekends and if it's safe with lil kids

It's safe fam. Def nothing to worry about .
If you doing the tourist thing, subways is part of your whole experience.
Not to mention the time you'll waste looking for parking.

It's just not worth it if you trying to hit up downtown manhattan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom