Yo realtalk, New York may be the worst city ever

Screen-Shot-2014-02-28-at-5.01.01-PM.png

Im born and raised in BK, left in '06 and moved to MD. I wouldn't say it is the worst city ever, especially since I haven't had the pleasure to visit all of them. What I will say is the allure and appeal weared off after a few years being out here. Reality set in and showed me that NYC isn't all its cracked up to be. Many things that we overlook living there, turns me off when I go back to visit.

OP isn't too far off, but I wouldn't call it the worst. I would say it isn't as appealing as it has been portrayed to be, but what city is?

Last edited:
Let me see another city deal with this
View media item 1185595and rebound as quickly as NY did

as bad as that day was, it showed you how tough NY is, yet compassionate and resilient.
No other city in the US can handle what NY been through. And for that reason alone, NY will always be #1

Thats just ignorance bro. Yea, NYC had to deal with the tragedy of 9/11, but it's not the only city that had to go through rough times.

Katrina, New Orleans

View media item 1185728
OKC-Moore Tornado

View media item 1185729
BTW, if you like the city life and beautiful women, come to Toronto. You'll thank me.

Last edited:
I've had the experience of living in NYC to suburbia to living in the rural of rural of a town of 2800 people in the middle of the mountains where coyotes and bears live in your backyard on the PA, WV, MD borders. Those experiences made me appreciate NYC that much more.

NYC > ______

The tall buildings are annoying, I feel entrapped. I from the DC area so we got city and suburbs but NYC it seems like its just city and nothing for 500 miles. Not my kind of living, I'd be lost as **** too. It's a nice place to visit, live? Naw

the height restrictions of the District (not talking about VA or MD) is what holds it back from being considered a "world class city"...

there is lots of money to be made from the massive amount of corporate entities that have offices around the area, but these companies often choose NoVA and MD for their offices...Congress loves to restrict the interest of tax payers that reside in the District to maintain the sorely outdated height restriction policy :smh:

Think about it, the nations capital and the residence of the nations leader is in DC. Do you really want to foreshadow it with a Big Biz skyscrapper. Not to mention the massive national security risk.

Last edited:
Op is just a shook one

The livest and wildest city... If you not from here you don't know... S/o to QB

Last edited:
Man NYC aint even that wild, i cant lie i be shook when im trynna go to tacobell by FIT and i look out the window to see a vogueing contest happening across the street. Yall some weirdos lmao

Thats just ignorance bro. Yea, NYC had to deal with the tragedy of 9/11, but it's not the only city that had to go through rough times.

Katrina, New Orleans

View media item 1185728
OKC-Moore Tornado

View media item 1185729
BTW, if you like the city life and beautiful women, come to Toronto. You'll thank me.

And where is New Orleans now? Still boarded up.
What happened to NY after Sandy?

Like I said. NY is Resilient

Thats because nobody cared to help N.O. and that is a proven FACT
so what are you saying tho ?:rolleyes

If New Orleans was set up the way NY is, it would need that much help

You cant even compare Katrina to 9/11
I don't even know why it was even brought up

Think about it, the nations capital and the residence of the nations leader is in DC. Do you really want to foreshadow it with a Big Biz skyscrapper. Not to mention the massive national security risk.
bruh big business has BEEN here and isnt leaving...the Chamber of Commerce is practically across the street from the White House
laugh.gif

and for the security risk, there have been proposals (not that Congress will listen to any of them
mean.gif
), that have included ways to preserve the "scenery" and take into consideration security details...low rise skyscrapers could easily be put in Navy Yard, NoMa (north of certain streets), or the SW waterfront without much risk to the WH or Capitol...

nobody is saying to "canyonize" DC like Manhattan or downtown Chicago have been, but the current height limits are a joke..."130 feet, or the width of the right-of-way of the street or avenue on which a building fronts, whichever is shorter," that means no building can roughly go over 10 or so stories

Last edited:
Black Rock City. Greatest place on Earth. Too bad it only exists for a week every year.

Thats because nobody cared to help N.O. and that is a proven FACT
so what are you saying tho ?
eyes.gif

If New Orleans was set up the way NY is, it would need that much help

You cant even compare Katrina to 9/11
I don't even know why it was even brought up
I remember the city after 9/11. **** was bad but at least we had a city.

Theirs was literally washed away. There really is no comparison.

NY tough but we ain't the only tough city in America.

Back
Top Bottom