Yo realtalk, New York may be the worst city ever

NYC's greatest strength is its greatest weakness, money. Theres money to be made and just as easily lost. If you aren't from there then living in NYC should be looked at as an investment and whether you get a return out of it. Additionally, with the population amount and ethnicity variance there is always something to do and not do. Most cities don't have the quantity of options for things NYC has. The downfall is that for a lot of people, that moment of stillness and calm that we need is sparsely available in the city. 

So for me, it's technically the best city in the US. But, there are plenty cities that offer different or the same dynamic on a smaller scale. I love NYC, I've been visiting there for years and years and have the opportunity to live there but it's not for me, financially speaking at the moment. Perhaps one day. I'd be more interested in living in Portland, Seattle, or Houston.

Worst thing about NYC is the cost of living and getting around the city

Are you drunk

how is getting around the city one of the worst things about NYC when we have one of the best transportation systems in da WORLD.

Are you drunk

how is getting around the city one of the worst things about NYC when we have one of the best transportation systems in da WORLD.

Exactly.

If you aren't from there then living in NYC should be looked at as an investment and whether you get a return out of it.

How? Real estate here is at a premium and is maxed out. No way NYC real estate is an investment unless you make 6-7 figures or a way to circumvent the price control laws.

The tall buildings are annoying, I feel entrapped. I from the DC area so we got city and suburbs but NYC it seems like its just city and nothing for 500 miles. Not my kind of living, I'd be lost as **** too. It's a nice place to visit, live? Naw

the height restrictions of the District (not talking about VA or MD) is what holds it back from being considered a "world class city"...

there is lots of money to be made from the massive amount of corporate entities that have offices around the area, but these companies often choose NoVA and MD for their offices...Congress loves to restrict the interest of tax payers that reside in the District to maintain the sorely outdated height restriction policy :smh:

To keep it #1HUNNA, I kinda like the fact DC has no skyscrapers. For the only reason that I hate the sight of them. Shrug

Its mostly the lames that moved to a different state & havent been living in ny for yrs that have that "im from ny" attitude
(freekie london)

But most new yorkers mind there business & isnt with that small talk especially if they dont know you, which i can see why outsiders take that as being "rude"

I felt the same the way, then I moved and the closest store was a gas station.

No thanks, I need the fast paced life.

Weather is better in LA and Houston, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better place to enjoy your holidays than New York City.

I'm from Maryland if that matters. Live in Houston now though.

I wish everyone that come here felt that way. Leave NY to the natives. :pimp:

WORD!

This is silly though, I'm willing to bet all of our parents/grandparents are transplants from somewhere else. I think NY is great, doubt i'd move back though, just getting used to a slower pace the older I get. Not sure what OP's issue is, but he doesn't sound like a very outgoing fella.

Worst thing about NYC is the cost of living and getting around the city

This is why some people hate SF too. Some people just can't wrap around their head that it takes 45 minutes to go 5-6 miles using public transportation. And some people are just not into public transportation at all. Like they are above taking buses and what not and would rather always drive their cars and spend the money on $25 lots a day. I grew up in the burbs where you needed a car for everything. It was almost shameful if kids had to take the bus to the mall or what not.

Think about it, the nations capital and the residence of the nations leader is in DC. Do you really want to foreshadow it with a Big Biz skyscrapper. Not to mention the massive national security risk.

bruh big business has BEEN here and isnt leaving...the Chamber of Commerce is practically across the street from the White House :lol:

and for the security risk, there have been proposals (not that Congress will listen to any of them :smh: ), that have included ways to preserve the "scenery" and take into consideration security details...low rise skyscrapers could easily be put in Navy Yard, NoMa (north of certain streets), or the SW waterfront without much risk to the WH or Capitol...

nobody is saying to "canyonize" DC like Manhattan or downtown Chicago have been, but the current height limits are a joke..."130 feet, or the width of the right-of-way of the street or avenue on which a building fronts, whichever is shorter," that means no building can roughly go over 10 or so stories
Think about it, the nations capital and the residence of the nations leader is in DC. Do you really want to foreshadow it with a Big Biz skyscrapper. Not to mention the massive national security risk.

bruh big business has BEEN here and isnt leaving...the Chamber of Commerce is practically across the street from the White House :lol:

and for the security risk, there have been proposals (not that Congress will listen to any of them :smh: ), that have included ways to preserve the "scenery" and take into consideration security details...low rise skyscrapers could easily be put in Navy Yard, NoMa (north of certain streets), or the SW waterfront without much risk to the WH or Capitol...

nobody is saying to "canyonize" DC like Manhattan or downtown Chicago have been, but the current height limits are a joke..."130 feet, or the width of the right-of-way of the street or avenue on which a building fronts, whichever is shorter," that means no building can roughly go over 10 or so stories

The Chamber of Commerce is a goverment building. When I say Big Biz I mean BIG Private biz. I just doesnt look good to have a skyscaper with the name of its founder on it ovelooking the national Capital.

Can DC really take more people in DC, Its cramped as it is. Metro sucks, it can barely get you in not mutiply that with more people which would create more congestion. Not mention the high water table. A good rain closes off streets, and skyscrappers need a good deep heavy anchor. DC (government) aint got the money to do it.

Ahh, living in LA
smokin.gif
72 and forever sunny

Back
Top Bottom