Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

Don't bundle up Nas with those other clowns... have you actually listened to Life is Good?

It's decent man but it's not a classic. He hasn't had the same touch since God's Son. He's had a few good singles here and there but def hasn't put out a completely solid outing.

And just a lot of his personal decisions VS who he portrays himself as on his music I just can't get with man. I'm not going to get into all that right now because God knows that's an entirely different topic.
the damien marley and nas project was more than solid and life is good is AT LEAST solid
u trippin

Yeah Kanye should just focus on music, dude wants to dip his hands in too many things, his little thing with Nike was cool, live the yeezys, he didn't have to ruin it, even his collabs with LV but at 3k per shoe....I rather admire it from a distance....Ye' is not really looking out for his fans at all, dude just want to put his stamp in the fashion/pop world at the highest level.

Kanye is just coming off as that kid that grew up always trying to prove himself, was always denied, even when he brought up his step brother, he always also brings up how labels passed him over, how even Jay kind of dreaded him, now he finds himself at the top, a decent hip hop artist, a fashion icon (lettuce not fool ourselves) and dude is up there not trying to be denied anymore, dude is simply emotionally broken...

One thing is for sure, dude is influential, I just find it ironic that he puts designer brands on blast, yet he's their biggest promoter....dude got his fans brainwashed into spending hundreds on clothes he wears, I can almost bet if he gets what he wants, his brand won't be sold at target, he's gonna wanna put a high price tag on it, which will suck for his followers who will go through ***** to afford his stuff...
i cant tell if u was being sarcastic or not
u REALLY think he a fashion icon??????
and ur right all that **** he talking about we the slaves and he wanna open doors yadda yadda yadda
he gonna slap a price tag on thats gonna be at least $300
dude is just a walking contradiction

Kanye is just coming off as that kid that grew up always trying to prove himself, was always denied, even when he brought up his step brother, he always also brings up how labels passed him over, how even Jay kind of dreaded him, now he finds himself at the top, a decent hip hop artist, a fashion icon (lettuce not fool ourselves) and dude is up there not trying to be denied anymore, dude is simply emotionally broken...

One thing is for sure, dude is influential, I just find it ironic that he puts designer brands on blast, yet he's their biggest promoter....dude got his fans brainwashed into spending hundreds on clothes he wears, I can almost bet if he gets what he wants, his brand won't be sold at target, he's gonna wanna put a high price tag on it, which will suck for his followers who will go through ***** to afford his stuff...

His tour tee's were released at pac-sun for sub $30....so there is hope...but i do agree with you.

Breakfast club interview keeps stopping on me, still haven't heard the sway interview yet.

'Ye might have a nervous breakdown soon :frown:

WE DON'T KNOW!!!

:rofl:

:lol: I like how Sway handled that.. Kanye needs someone to look him in the eye and tell him to calm the **** down

also in the rant with sway did he say he didnt have the money???????
i really couldnt hear
a whole bunch of people walking around in the office and all that yelling had to turn it down :lol:
At the MSG show on Sat he was ranting like that, he kept saying "I need money!!! Google needs to give me money!!! Invest in DONDA!!! I'm the next Steve Jobs" and went on for like 15min

He basically keeps saying the same thing over and over, dude is just so hung up on this "the fashion industry are hating on me" tip and he can't let it go

Man, I wouldn't wish fame on anybody.. :smh:

Last edited:
hah, funny thing is i've never even seen a single episode of Mad Men. but all the OGs in this business say its a fairly accurate portrayal of the field and times. Mad liquor, biddies, and shady business.

good lawd my mans, do yourself a favor and add MM into your life.

This guy is the biggest idiot, its unreal.

He's like one of those instagram models, cause he thinks hes way more important then he really is.

He keeps comparing himself to steve jobs, walmart, etc yet cries that companies don't let him do their own thing. Well start your own company, steve jobs got his own company, all these other guys don't get told what to do which is the position he wants to be in, yet he compares himself to them lol.

Idc if he lost 13 million, put all your money into the business then if you really believe in yourself as much as he does. He says hes the greatest living thing on earth, so start your own thing. He had a runway show in Paris and that failed miserably, it was the laughing stock in fashion for a little bit. 

He's not really as great as he says he is, he doesn't influence as many people as he thinks he does and that pisses him off. 

That is the same thing that a lot of people hate him for. And as much as he says he is influential and relevant, whenever he speaks or does these interviews people react and talk about it.

You got to give the man props for that at least.

and ur right all that **** he talking about we the slaves and he wanna open doors yadda yadda yadda

Not sarcastic at all bro, when your name alone attached to an otherwise Hanes tee sells for 200$ you are a fashion icon....dudes name attached to anything = $$$$$

Is putting out clothes really that serious? I dont understand the significance of this, someone please explain.

He's always been fashion conscious. He's reached a point where he feels like the world monitors and emulates what he wears and sees it as an opportunity to have a big say in the fashion world but he's just a rapper
frown.gif
I dont get what the fixation with high fashion is though, why cant he just take his ideas and start a Rocawear or Sean John type thing and have the same amount of influence? Its not like it would matter, his name on it is what matters. The guy sold a $200 white tee like Stillin said.

see below:
You can tell he's frustrated. The "do it yourself" criticism has been going around for a while. Ecko and other people said it in interviews. Soon as he heard it from Sway and was confronted by it, he just went off. He spent 13 million apparently trying to do it himself and failed. He's not trying to make Ecko, Rocawear, or Sean John. He wants to do it at the highest level: YSL, Polo, Burberry, etc. That's what he's working for. It's difficult to enter that tier of clothing brands. It's not as easy as people make it seem when they say "just do it yourself."

At the same time, the guy is a walking contradiction. He talks so fervently about being slaves to consumerism yet at the same time talks so fervently about wanting to be a high end company like Ralph Lauren.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

charlamagne wearing zanottis, trying to floss at the concert and now hes looking at kanye saying "we dont care about fashion"
dude is entertaining but cmon son, you wearing high end clothes like all these other **** riders because of kanye

People really think like this? You dudes attribute WAYYY too much to Kanye.

i read and article that for some odd reason, some people get a sense of fulfillment from seeing others fail. so it might actually make him a happier person.
its the type of people who aren't capable of much themselves.  they don't know what its like to really win in life so they celebrate other folks losses as their own personal victories

Is pretty clear to see a lot of these artists are influenced by the mans style...Kanye started the whole leather fiasco, all of a sudden dudes are dipped in leather all the way down to their underwear....ya can't take that away from this dude....

Not sarcastic at all bro, when your name alone attached to an otherwise Hanes tee sells for 200$ you are a fashion icon....dudes name attached to anything = $$$$$
dont let idiots who paid for a corner store white fool u into thinking he's a fashion icon
he isnt
u know what im a change that
"IN MY OPINION HE ISNT"
more than half his pairs of yeezys arnt even being worn :lol:
they been sitting in a closet waiting for prices to sky rocket

Is putting out clothes really that serious? I dont understand the significance of this, someone please explain.

Kanye is like the kid that doesn't get any PT and swears its because the coach doesn't like him.

Like, you're good enough to make the squad, but I'm def not putting the ball in your hands.
He's not "like" that kid.. he IS that kid. He's told a story about that happening to him before

"I think you got to make your case," he says. "Seventh grade, I wanted to be on the basketball team. I didn't get on the team, so that summer I practiced. I was on the summer league. My team won the championship; I was the point guard. And then when I went for eighth grade, I practiced and I hit every free throw, every layup, and the next day I looked on the chart, and my name wasn't on it. I asked the coach what's up, and they were like, 'You're just not on it.' I was like, 'But I hit every shot.' The next year—I was on the junior team when I was a freshman, that's how good I was. But I wasn't on my eighth-grade team, because some coach—some Grammy, some reviewer, some fashion person, some blah blah blah—they're all the same as that coach. Where I didn't feel that I had a position in eighth grade to scream and say, 'Because I hit every one of my shots, I deserve to be on this team!' I'm letting it out on everybody who doesn't want to give me my credit."

I agree with everything you just said 100% well cept the Born Sinner part ONLY because I didn't listen to it. (i rarely listen to any rap for that matter, outside of some trap/club future/yo gotti steez)

I feel like Kanye just wants to do what he wants, and a lot of his fans just want him pigeon holed into that ol school 'ye. So that frustration is apparent in him and all this backlash he gets. Its a combo of us his people saying, "damn ye, calm down homie" and his "haters" saying, "sit down and shut up"

I don't know if it's that we want to pigeonhole every artist. But so many times when an artist comes up saying one thing and then evolves into almost the antithesis of what made him HIM, that's not the fans fault.

He can do whatever he wants as an artist, nobody is stopping him. But he can't be frustrated with his fans because we can't get with where he's going with his music. That's not our fault.

I'll say all that to say this, it's not easy for rappers to musically age well. Most don't, time is not good to rappers for the most part. I guess success is a double edged sword, you get so big you lose sight of who your audience is.

Is pretty clear to see a lot of these artists are influenced by the mans style...Kanye started the whole leather fiasco, all of a sudden dudes are dipped in leather all the way down to their underwear....ya can't take that away from this dude....
maybe cause all these dudes kick it with each other
usually when that happens style starts to rub off
doesnt make someone an icon
aint never made me wanna buy jogging pants
**** i never even wanted a pair of yeezys but just to resell or for trade bait for another pair of shoes
i dont get what other people are seeing when they say he is a fasion icon

Damn b...the man just wants to accomplish a dream and he ain't getting the support from his own people. I don't hear crazy, all I hear is "why?" "Just make music" "do it yourself ". It's crazy how human this dude is, no matter the status or money, there will always be obstacles if your not content. I really see son point.:smh:

All I want to know is why Pastries or Pastille or whatever never dropped...

Last edited:
But honestly in this day and age....who is a fashion icon if Kanye isn't?
Like i guess the artsy types will say Lady Gaga...but she doesn't start fashion trends like ye does....unless i missed the meat dress movement

But who else is there? Big desingers? They aren't really on tv often to be idolized like celebrities are.

Back
Top Bottom