Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Can't live life like that bro. I'm from Chicago, and all the cool art exhibits are downtown, you'll be 100% fine.
u sure? thats the murder capital lol. how's transportation down there? can i just uber my way through?

u sure? thats the murder capital lol. how's transportation down there? can i just uber my way through?
Southside of Chicago is one spot you don't want to wonder by yourself especially if you're unfamiliar with the area. 

Yea, i'd recommend ubering, mad cheap since everything downtown is close by.

I have yet to see the real issues of Chicago but granted I don't ever visit those areas. But I think Chicago is not only safe but clean as well at least compared to SF anyways.

what are some cool spots to check out?

I plan on going to the museum of contemp. art, the bean, and the building where the floor is glass... any other recommendations?

any must have food spots near there? aint tryna wander too far off since i'll most likely stay at a place near the museum

thats my dilema with visiting new zeland/australia now. i dont thnk melbourne and sydney will be that interesting, but i have family and friends in both cities that i wana visit. i have family in new zealand too, but at the same time north and south island new zealand look insane! theres that 8hr hike across mt doom and milford sound and the glacier in south island! i dont have a lot of time so i got to prioritize

going to italy in 2 weeks, debating on seeing either florence and venice or rome or florence, me and the wife are only there for 6 days so going to have to make the best of it 

You have enough time for 2 cities or even all 3 and you can't go wrong with any of them.

Best city to sight see in italy? Or any other recommendations anywhere? Plan on a small trip with my wife last quarter of 2017.

Can anyone school me on getting to cuba as an american?
Florence, Rome, and Venice are must-see cities. Lots of other great places to go too but I would first do those 3.

As for Cuba, you need to go under one of the 12 categories. Lots of flights from the US now. Here is one of many useful articles: https://www.globotreks.com/destinations/cuba/40-things-know-before-traveling-cuba/

Last edited:
what are some cool spots to check out?

I plan on going to the museum of contemp. art, the bean, and the building where the floor is glass... any other recommendations?

any must have food spots near there? aint tryna wander too far off since i'll most likely stay at a place near the museum

Definitely get deep dish pizza. I am sure some locals can tell you where to go but I found all of it was good.

Just came back from a quick Weekend Trip to the Southwest. I spent time visiting my friend in Arizona, and we did alot of hiking and drove up to Utah. The southwest landscape is so beautiful. This was my second time there, and it never disappoints. On a side note, I need a vacation from this vacation LOL, all we did was hike. Except the last night, when we partied in Scottsdale and I literally went from the Club to the Airport. I was so hungover, took a red eye flight straight to work.

We did so much in less than 4 days. We put like 700 miles+ on the car rental.I might consider getting a Toyota as a 2nd car, the rental Toyota Corollas are getting 48 MPG highway :wow:

Sedona
Devil's Bridge
Cathedral Rock
Monument Valley
Camelback Mountain
Wave Cave
Hole in the Rock AZ
Grand Canyon
Mexican Hat
Gooseneck State Park
Grand Falls/Chocolate falls
Mount Humphries

View media item 2401238View media item 2401239View media item 2401240View media item 2401241View media item 2401242View media item 2401243View media item 2401244View media item 2401246View media item 2401247View media item 2401248View media item 2401249View media item 2401250

Nice photos up there. AZ is like a photographer's hot spot. So much good photo potential because it looks nothing like other place sin the US. I am just not big on the driving since most spots are not near each other but it looks like a necessary evil. I might have to go out there one day since it's so close to CA.

I want to get away already.
Looked at my next destination and prices went up.
Hopefully tomorrow Wednesday they drop again.
Just wanna dip out....

Take a lot of pics and post them here when you get back.  I am trying to plan an Italy / Euro trip as well. 

Will do

What town are you staying in Cinque Terra? Loved our time there...if memory serves, we stayed in Vernazza but hiked/traveled to all of them.

How are you moving about? Are you driving or taking trains?

Depending on your travel arrangements, you could either pass through Siena on your way to Rome or otherwise take a day trip from Florence there.

Italy is one of the few places I'd continue going back to.

Vernazza.

The plan is fly into Rome, then hop right on a train to Vernazza (its either direct or transfer at Pisa). 3 nights in Vernazza (hike or train to the other villages) then train it to Florence. Since I'm there 4 nights, it'll be a home base to take day trips to other spots via train (like Sienna).

Also while in Rome, thinking about hitting up Ostia (beach day) or Capri, depending on weather.

Move to Switzerland for work in June. Will be there a year, so every weekend is a vacation. Tips much appreciated.

Move to Switzerland for work in June. Will be there a year, so every weekend is a vacation. Tips much appreciated.

Work for SwissRe by chance? I heard good and bad things about it. Not country wise but the work ethics are way different out there apparently where you work way harder. Again....this is from a insurance perspective.

Feel like I need a wknd getaway
Thinking of going back to the Grand Canyon
I did the south rim
And camped at the Mather campground

Anyone done the north rim or antelope canyon?

Work for SwissRe by chance? I heard good and bad things about it. Not country wise but the work ethics are way different out there apparently where you work way harder. Again....this is from a insurance perspective.

Nah, I'm at Snap. Heading out to teach at Nestle Gobal HQ.

Head out in June, if anyone has can't miss spots in Europe please let me know! I know the obvious like Octoberfest in Germany etc...

Head out in June, if anyone has can't miss spots in Europe please let me know! I know the obvious like Octoberfest in Germany etc...
Hit Budapest, Brugges, Krakow and Myokonos, or rather CROATIA maan 

In a side note 8 days to Cancun hell yeah 

Best city to sight see in italy? Or any other recommendations anywhere? Plan on a small trip with my wife last quarter of 2017.

Can anyone school me on getting to cuba as an american?
Verona is my favorite city in Italy. 

Because of several reasons. 

I've been to Florence, Venice, Rome, Sicily, Turin, Milan and the little lake next to it (amazing place) , the Cinque Terre, Bologna, Caste Vechia and Pisa. I liked them all , all are beauty. But for me it always felt so crowed and impersonal. Even thought that in Rome i had the best Xmas of my recent year with a friend of mine who invited me to expend ti with her family, super catholic, super food everything amazing, but well that's not touristy at all 

So Why Verona? Well some background, Music, I'm a huge fan of classical and opera (as stupid as it sound for some) I love that ish. Verona has some of the most impressive sights in the Music world, wish is the Arena di Verona, where they held an Opera fest, and also they have two big theaters and once is entirely specialized in opera/classical 

On the other side, Verona has everything in between a walking distance, has great small markets, there's a church tour that oh boy you won't need any more Renaissance Museums in your life, the Food well it's italy, the canal that goes trought, the little plaza at the top of the mountain (will have to check again what it's his name I forget, i think is Michelangelo) boy the city gaves you one of the best Italys there is, is not so crowded the people is welcoming and you get all the romanticism and more of italy 

Personal favorite in Italy. 

Just came back from a quick Weekend Trip to the Southwest. I spent time visiting my friend in Arizona, and we did alot of hiking and drove up to Utah. The southwest landscape is so beautiful. This was my second time there, and it never disappoints. On a side note, I need a vacation from this vacation LOL, all we did was hike. Except the last night, when we partied in Scottsdale and I literally went from the Club to the Airport. I was so hungover, took a red eye flight straight to work.

We did so much in less than 4 days. We put like 700 miles+ on the car rental.I might consider getting a Toyota as a 2nd car, the rental Toyota Corollas are getting 48 MPG highway :wow:

Sedona
Devil's Bridge
Cathedral Rock
Monument Valley
Camelback Mountain
Wave Cave
Hole in the Rock AZ
Grand Canyon
Mexican Hat
Gooseneck State Park
Grand Falls/Chocolate falls
Mount Humphries

View media item 2401238View media item 2401239View media item 2401240View media item 2401241View media item 2401242View media item 2401243View media item 2401244View media item 2401246View media item 2401247View media item 2401248View media item 2401249View media item 2401250

dope pics. Beautiful scenery

there are so many nice small towns and get away places in the alps. i don't know of many in particular but I will be out there (if everything goes well) during most of the summer. obviously the Mediterranean is the place to be, but still a lot of places to visit in austria, italy, france, switzerland alps. I was also reading that croatia has really nice spots and it's way more cheaper than the previous ones mentioned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom