Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

I'm torn between going to London to visit family for 2 weeks

or

just going to Cali by myself for a week or two. If I visit Cali. I'm leaning towards SF.

I'm not really interested in London as a city. But I love my family. Cali, I've been. But my time there was really fleeting. I basically flew to Cali just to dirve to Nevada or Arizona lol. I've never explored Cali in depth.

I live on the east coast.

Last edited:
Hitting Miami for a weekend trip in May with my lady. Couldn't pass it up less than $600 pp flight + hotel Thurs-Sunday.

Hitting Miami for a weekend trip in May with my lady. Couldn't pass it up less than $600 pp flight + hotel Thurs-Sunday.
Hit up Wynwood area. Brickhouse and Wood Tavern + Coyo Taco are all dope vibes away from the touristy vibes from South Beach.

what are some cool spots to check out?

I plan on going to the museum of contemp. art, the bean, and the building where the floor is glass... any other recommendations?

any must have food spots near there? aint tryna wander too far off since i'll most likely stay at a place near the museum
Food:

Portillos (American/Italian Food: Burgers, Hot Dogs, Italian Beefs)

Ron Of Japan (Habichi Style food. FIRE)

Lou Malnatis (Deep Dish)

Ginos East (Thin Crust)

Mastros (Steak)

Cuba 312 (In Roscoe Village maybe 10 min outside of Wrigleyville ; Cuban / Puerto Rican Food , BYOB 
pimp.gif
)

And 1,000,000 other places but those are a few to name.

Sight Seeing:

Sears Tower Skydeck: (Willis Tower, i'll never refer to it as Willis Tower) Get to see all of Chicago from wayyyyyyyyy up

Art Musuem

Wrigley Field

The Bean

Buckingham Fountain

Nice photos up there. AZ is like a photographer's hot spot. So much good photo potential because it looks nothing like other place sin the US. I am just not big on the driving since most spots are not near each other but it looks like a necessary evil. I might have to go out there one day since it's so close to CA.

Thanks bro.Yea Hopefully I get my job transfer later this year, and I am going to be moving to Orange County, LA.

If so, I will be doing so many road trips to Utah and Arizona.

Feel like I need a wknd getaway
Thinking of going back to the Grand Canyon
I did the south rim
And camped at the Mather campground

Anyone done the north rim or antelope canyon?

I've done the South Rim twice, the North Rim is where the Glass overlook is, but it's pricey.

I have done Antelope Canyon, you have to go. I recommend doing the South Canyon, it's longer and more famous pics usually come from there.

By the way if you do Antelope Canyon, make sure you do Horseshoe Bend. It's literally 5 minutes away!

dope pics. Beautiful scenery

^^ Thanks bro appreciate it. Yea beautiful scenery. Next time I go back I will do Zion, Arches Park, Havasupai, and The Wave

Feel like I need a wknd getaway
Thinking of going back to the Grand Canyon
I did the south rim
And camped at the Mather campground

Anyone done the north rim or antelope canyon?

I heard Antelope Canyon is all done by Native American tourists. Like you can't go just by yourself. You have to pay to do the tour, which I guess is fine but I'd like to stay there as long as I can if I could.

I'm torn between going to London to visit family for 2 weeks

or

just going to Cali by myself for a week or two. If I visit Cali. I'm leaning towards SF.

I'm not really interested in London as a city. But I love my family. Cali, I've been. But my time there was really fleeting. I basically flew to Cali just to dirve to Nevada or Arizona lol. I've never explored Cali in depth.

I live on the east coast.

London felt like NYC a lot. It didn't give me that sort of new feeling but I was only there for like 2 days. I live in SF and it's cool to visit but what makes it a good city is you can drive to neighboring areas like Napa, Monteray, Yosemite, etc. I am biased but I say do Northern California and get a rental for the days you want to drive out of the city.

Hit up Wynwood area. Brickhouse and Wood Tavern + Coyo Taco are all dope vibes away from the touristy vibes from South Beach.

Food:

Portillos (American/Italian Food: Burgers, Hot Dogs, Italian Beefs)

Ron Of Japan (Habichi Style food. FIRE)

Lou Malnatis (Deep Dish)

Ginos East (Thin Crust)

Mastros (Steak)

Cuba 312 (In Roscoe Village maybe 10 min outside of Wrigleyville ; Cuban / Puerto Rican Food , BYOB 
pimp.gif
)

And 1,000,000 other places but those are a few to name.

Sight Seeing:

Sears Tower Skydeck: (Willis Tower, i'll never refer to it as Willis Tower) Get to see all of Chicago from wayyyyyyyyy up

Art Musuem

Wrigley Field

The Bean

Buckingham Fountain
Adding on...

Food:

Bavette's Bar & Boeuf (Steak)

Big Star (Tacos)

Crisp (Wings)

Green Street Smoked Meats (BBQ)

Pequod's Pizza  (Deep Dish)

Piece Pizza (Thin Crust)

Phoenix Restaurant (Dim Sum)

If there's a type of food you like that I didn't mention, let me know and I can hit you with a recommendation. 

Piece pizza is fire...

Big star is good, semi overrated to me cause I rather hit the hood spots, not really into specialty fish tacos and all that. I normally hit Taconazo etc for tacos.

Oh yeah Au Cheval for the best burger in America... make a reservation and prepare to wait regardless.

The Wit rooftop is a dope vibe for drinks as well

Last edited:
London felt like NYC a lot. It didn't give me that sort of new feeling but I was only there for like 2 days. I live in SF and it's cool to visit but what makes it a good city is you can drive to neighboring areas like Napa, Monteray, Yosemite, etc. I am biased but I say do Northern California and get a rental for the days you want to drive out of the city.

Still ok the fence but if I do go to sf..

Bars?
Restaurants?
Hotel you'd recommend?
Spots to drive to outside out of SF?

Piece pizza is fire...

Big star is good, semi overrated to me cause I rather hit the hood spots, not really into specialty fish tacos and all that. I normally hit Taconazo etc for tacos.

Oh yeah Au Cheval for the best burger in America... make a reservation and prepare to wait regardless.

The Wit rooftop is a dope vibe for drinks as well
Piece Pizza is great. 

We always used to hit CBA (Chicago Bagel Authority) when I lived there, as well. 

Still ok the fence but if I do go to sf..

Bars?
Restaurants?
Hotel you'd recommend?
Spots to drive to outside out of SF?

Bars......I mean it depends on your scene but we do have a lot of areas to drink. North Beach has a lot of the strip club scene as well as local dive Italian spots. Polk Street has a strip of bars that are spots that aren't clubs but can get packed like one. Then there is downtown that has a lot of corporate happy hour bars that are filled with either techies or suits. And there is also Mission district that has a lot of dive bars and food spots.

Restaurants are like the bars. It's everywhere depending on what you want to eat. We have Chinese, Mexican, Italian, etc. The known spots are like El Farlito for their burritos, Little Star for their deep dish, Golden Boys and Napoletana for thin slice pizza, San Tung for chinese chicken wings, House of Prime Rib for prime rib.....and the list goes on.

Hotel is the tough one. Our real estate out here is crazy so it effects the hotel costs. I would say AirBNB is the cheaper route but the cheapest would be to stay outside of SF and just Bart it in and us Uber for anywhere to go. I think the cheapest rates are going to be in the bad areas in SF. Tenderloin is super close to downtown and literally only blocks of BS homeless people. If you can stomach that, then stay there.

I mentioned before in regards to spots outside of SF. Unfortunately it gets pretty bare so you'll only find parks, coastlines and or trails to see. There are some spots in Oakland but nothing you really can't find in SF. Napa is a huge spot for tourist if you like wine but if you are a youngin, then don't go unless you have a crew. Stick to SF if it's your first time and need to do the tourist stuff. Check out Battery Spencer if you want a legit view of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I heard Antelope Canyon is all done by Native American tourists. Like you can't go just by yourself. You have to pay to do the tour, which I guess is fine but I'd like to stay there as long as I can if I could.

^^ Yea you need to get the permit 1st. Then you need to hire a tour guide to take you. I believe the permit was $25 per car, and the Tour was $30 per person. The lower antelope canyon tour lasts about an hour and a half. They are kinda rushing you through it. The best time to go is around noon, when the sun is directly above. these are some of my pics from last year, taken with regular iPhone 6. No filters or editing.

View media item 2402617View media item 2402618View media item 2402619View media item 2402620View media item 2402621

And if you make it, make sure you go to Horseshoe Bend which is less than 10 minutes away.

View media item 2402623

Last edited:
there are so many nice small towns and get away places in the alps. i don't know of many in particular but I will be out there (if everything goes well) during most of the summer. obviously the Mediterranean is the place to be, but still a lot of places to visit in austria, italy, france, switzerland alps. I was also reading that croatia has really nice spots and it's way more cheaper than the previous ones mentioned.

Living in Lausanne so I'll be in the Alps plenty enough!

^^ Yea you need to get the permit 1st. Then you need to hire a tour guide to take you. I believe the permit was $25 per car, and the Tour was $30 per person. The lower antelope canyon tour lasts about an hour and a half. They are kinda rushing you through it. The best time to go is around noon, when the sun is directly above. these are some of my pics from last year, taken with regular iPhone 6. No filters or editing.

View media item 2402617View media item 2402618View media item 2402619View media item 2402620View media item 2402621

And if you make it, make sure you go to Horseshoe Bend which is less than 10 minutes away.

View media item 2402623

Is it cold there?

Living in Lausanne so I'll be in the Alps plenty enough!

do you plan to be all around europe? one thing I like about europe is that there is definitely everything for everyone. if you want lowkey, they got that and if you want club vibe, they have that. and everything is relatively close together, not like here in the states.

I might head to switzerland. if i pass by your area, I'll shoot you a PM. perhaps we can meet up, if you are free. would be cool to hang out with NT fam in europe :lol:

Denver May 3-5....anyone have in suggestions on what to do? looking for a hiking trail, fire dispensary, and what ever theres to do

Denver May 3-5....anyone have in suggestions on what to do? looking for a hiking trail, fire dispensary, and what ever theres to do

What do you like to do?

Easy/close hike is right at Red Rocks amphitheatre, which you should check out anyway. See if any shows that weekend

Dispensary: everywhere. Weedmaps.com has rankings. A good chain is called The Green Solution. More expensive but more corporate like. Lot of smaller "locals" shops that won't have as much, but better prices.

Mexican food is great. Downtown near Union Station, over in lodo by Coors Field, are hip areas. Cherry Creek is rich area.

Anyone have recommendations in neighborhood recommendations for NYC? I've only been once and I stayed in a hotel in Tribeca/Soho area. Interested in possibly staying in another area of Manhattan 

If it were me, I'd stay at a hotel in midtown Manhattan. Just to be in the middle of the city and make it easier for me to go uptown, downtown, west or east. No idea about pricing though.

*edit

No that's a lie. If it was me, I wouldn't do that. That's what I'd rather recommend for someone who would want to explore all areas of NYC.

For me I'm always downtown or near downtown. I'm never really midtown, uptown or west side. If I were to stay anywhere it'd be at a hotel by Washington Square Park but that's just me. That's just the area I'm usually at whenever I happy to go to Manhattan (Washington Square Park and lower) lol

If you want some recommendations :

For burgers, I'd recommend the steakhouse burger at the Brindle Room, and if you've never had, the shake Shack burger. Shake Shack is the more popular burger spot by far, but my favorite burger so far is the Steakhouse burger in the Brindle Room.

If you like pizza, I'd recommend the spinach artichoke pizza at Artichoke Basile's

For hot dogs, I'd recommend crif dogs. Don't think you can go wrong with anything there.

For baked goods, Dominique Ansel Bakery - pretty much anything there. My favorite thing there is definitely the cronut, but man if you don't like to get up early, you ain't ever getting it.

For steaks, the best steak I've ever had was probably at Minetta Tavern. I had the dry aged cote de boeuf. There are more popular steakhouses like Peter Lugers for example but I hated the service there. Waiters snobby as hell, but their steaks are pretty good.

That's pretty much it. I'm a man of very few interests.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom