Your top 5 dunker's of all time?

SMH @ people putting ANYONE above Vince. Even MJ riders have to bow out on this one.
Exactly...its laughable.

Probably one of the most talented basketball players EVER to bad his other nickname is the tinman
ohwell.gif

Yes its all subjective but he is the best dunker I ever saw with Nique second..and the rest dont matter.

Vince is the best dunker by far. He could do every dunk anyone has ever done and make it look easy. His body control is insane

First of all Ska, you know better than to call me by this screenname. The name is Rilla, family...come on bruh bruh. Second of all, you KNOW that I was beingfacetious when I said "YOU jump". Lebron may lack creativity, true, but when dude lifts off you can't even jump high enough to foul him
smh.gif
. Andthat tomahawk is THE tomahawk IMO. It's like his "finishing move" against a defense. ON MK3, I knew every time Kahn said "FINISH HIM"and I pressed ">->-v-v-C" in sweep-range with Lui Kang, that it was gonna do the same ole finish move, but it was my favorite. Either that orthe deep freeze with Sub-Zero
pimp.gif
. Them shhs never got old to me... It's even kinda like the "Shaq attack". You've seen it a million time.It's even the logo for his shoes. But even today, you still say 'Dizzamn... no way I want ANY parts of that!", and the rim agrees. So yeah, mymans may have just one dunk...but it's still so gat damn "
eek.gif
"..... and he was 17 doing this %!!+ bro. Dude's only, what, 23? Maybehe'll get more creative when he loses the ability to just jump OVER the rim and throw it down effortlessly. Maybe when his dunksare FINALLY able to be contested (paging Josh Smith..
nerd.gif
), he'll start contorting, double clutching, or spinning... but till then, I ain't mad at him.He's up there ALL BY HIMSELF doing what feels good to him -- those fully extended, graceful, majestic tomahawks..... easily
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

Vince is the best dunker by far. He could do every dunk anyone has ever done and make it look easy. His body control is insane

Thats all there is to it. From 1998-2003 you could ask Vince Carter to do anyones "best" dunk, and he could, but probably better, and to top itoff, he could do some of his own that noone else I have seen on film could ever do. Thats it. Vince is the G.O.A.T dunker I have ever seen on film, andregardless of MJ being the best player of all time, Vince is the best dunker. Over.

And how in the hell do I see Shaq and Ewing on here?! You serious! They mighta got a few people, but they are 7 footers, there is more to dunking than justbeing able to do it, otherwise I am putting Kenny George in here for the one-and-only "no jump dunk"

^I reference Shaq, but he's not on my list AT ALL if that's what you mean. Dude put Pat up there
laugh.gif
... Even if he WAS on the list, he got "GreatEscape"-ed on
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

SMH @ people putting ANYONE above Vince. Even MJ riders have to bow out on this one.

Exactly, Vince is on another planet when it comes to dunking and I grew up in Chicago when MJ won all his chips. MJ is the man overall, but he's not on thesame level as Vince when it comes to dunks.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

Lebron is def not on the list. He's an outstanding player but not a dunker. He only has one dunk.

YOU jump then..

so, he can jump long distances.

we saw dwight howard jump a long distance.

doesnt make him a top dunker.

dunking is more than height, and distance. its about style, grace, flare, and creativity.

a windmill is subpar.

Well personally, I also give the man props for hangtime, control, form, extension, power, confidence, and dominance.... problem?

theres a ton of dunkers that have that. before lebron before lebron was even in the league...

doesnt make them top 5.

but it is all a matter of opinion

VC
Shaq

one for athletic dunks and facials and one for power cramming it through. no other dunkers are needed.

Lebron is def not on the list. He's an outstanding player but not a dunker. He only has one dunk.

YOU jump then..

so, he can jump long distances.

we saw dwight howard jump a long distance.

doesnt make him a top dunker.

dunking is more than height, and distance. its about style, grace, flare, and creativity.

a windmill is subpar.

Well personally, I also give the man props for hangtime, control, form, extension, power, confidence, and dominance.... problem?

theres a ton of dunkers that have that. before lebron before lebron was even in the league...

doesnt make them top 5.

but it is all a matter of opinion

right... just skip over the full explanation...
eyes.gif
... Ahem... I said:
.. Lebron may lack creativity, true, but when dude lifts off you can't even jump high enough to foul him
smh.gif
. And that tomahawk is THE tomahawk IMO. It's like his "finishing move" against a defense. ON MK3, I knew every time Kahn said "FINISH HIM" and I pressed ">->-v-v-C" in sweep-range with Lui Kang, that it was gonna do the same ole finish move, but it was my favorite. Either that or the deep freeze with Sub-Zero
pimp.gif
. Them shhs never got old to me... It's even kinda like the "Shaq attack". You've seen it a million time. It's even the logo for his shoes. But even today, you still say 'Dizzamn... no way I want ANY parts of that!", and the rim agrees. So yeah, my mans may have just one dunk...but it's still so gat damn "
eek.gif
"..... and he was 17 doing this %!!+ bro. Dude's only, what, 23? Maybe he'll get more creative when he loses the ability to just jump OVER the rim and throw it down effortlessly. Maybe when his dunks are FINALLY able to be contested (paging Josh Smith..
nerd.gif
), he'll start contorting, double clutching, or spinning... but till then, I ain't mad at him. He's up there ALL BY HIMSELF doing what feels good to him -- those fully extended, graceful, majestic tomahawks..... easily
pimp.gif

And past OR present, Lebron does get a lot higher than we've seen on a consistent basis (excluding cats that are mainstays on these top 5 lists, like VC).If Jordan could fly, Lebron can orbit. And I too grew up in Chicagoland in the 90s, so it's no bias whatsoever.

Dominique Wilkins
Michael Jordan
Vince Carter
Harold Miner
Dee Brown

dee brown? ahhaha but on the real, vince is the best dunker ever period. I dont know how or when he lost his drive but its sad to see him play the way he doesnow compared to how he did before.

YOU jump then..
Alright, pass the ball.

And besides the sig, KOBE does qualify. It's all subjective, but the man DOES qualify to make the list. Ask Dwight...

Just look at the crazy shh he does on COMMAND in games. You can't tell me you didn't EXPECT him to score going into the half against the suns, but how many of you expected that contorting 360? That shh was SICK. Then there's the Up-n-under windmills that he makes look so easy, the around the back-360 that he did ON somebody, the D.Howard dunk, etc. Kobe has numerous in game
eek.gif
- dunks. On top of that, I doube "swag" is the word for it, but dude has a lot of mid-air "something". It just looks good when he dunks on somebody or takes off on the break nh, though he doesn't get up light he used to. Don't get me started on "Frobe Bryant"..... bruh...
smh.gif

Are you talking about the fastbreak dunk on some Nugget a few years back? Sick dunk, sick play, but that was in no way a 360. He did almost all of thespinning on the ground.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

YOU jump then..
Alright, pass the ball.

And besides the sig, KOBE does qualify. It's all subjective, but the man DOES qualify to make the list. Ask Dwight...

Just look at the crazy shh he does on COMMAND in games. You can't tell me you didn't EXPECT him to score going into the half against the suns, but how many of you expected that contorting 360? That shh was SICK. Then there's the Up-n-under windmills that he makes look so easy, the around the back-360 that he did ON somebody, the D.Howard dunk, etc. Kobe has numerous in game
eek.gif
- dunks. On top of that, I doube "swag" is the word for it, but dude has a lot of mid-air "something". It just looks good when he dunks on somebody or takes off on the break nh, though he doesn't get up light he used to. Don't get me started on "Frobe Bryant"..... bruh...
smh.gif

Are you talking about the fastbreak dunk on some Nugget a few years back? Sick dunk, sick play, but that was in no way a 360. He did almost all of the spinning on the ground.

Yeah that one. Call it what you want, but who else can do that in a game the way he did? Who else would try to? That is a RIDICULOUS attack at therim...

VC
Jordan
Dom
Richardson
Kobe

LeBron MIGHT ease his way in there IF he ever goes into the dunk contest.

laugh.gif
man i'm the biggest jordan fan but it gotta be Vince Carter.....he does it so effortless....
and him jumping over the dude in the olympic game is my favorite dunk

I'm assuming this post is about the NBA, so in that case my answer would be Vince as you can tell from my avy. I was going to post his top 100 dunks butsomeone beat me to it. But if we're talking about the whole world, my answer would be T-Dub. Dude is 5'9'' and can do basically any dunkimaginable. The dunk at the 0:40 second mark seriously had me doing the
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

well i wasnt into the nba in the 90s like most of you so i think my list reflects that but here it is:
VC
MJ
T-Mac
Kobe
Iggy/J-Rich

Back
Top Bottom