Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

does anybody have an idea of when they will take down the 8 on ID? Like when was the 7 taken down last year? I want to make another pair of the one's I just made, really want to have another pair on ice for the future because once this ID goes away I can never get them again and I love my design

the 7's were around at least until the end of december.

the 7's were around at least until the end of december.

Cool thanks, looks like I got some time then. I'm very happy with my ID, hype beast colors or not I'm gonna rock the hell out of em. I think to switch it up on my next pair and go with a black swoosh but no other changes.

Usually when tracking IDs, the estimated delivery date will change by two days and then will eventually change back to the original earlier delivery date
smile.gif
you were spot on, they changed it back to Wednesday now! hell yes!

ghetto photoshop... but I thought it might help me get a better idea of the final product...(not so much haha)  I cant decide , white heel cup or purple?  or purple or white midsole?  any suggestions?  Im thinking of doing volt laces, and if i dont like it ill swap it to regular white ones with extras I have.

View media item 535044
^^
Fresh. I like this combo alot.

^^
BRAAAAAAVOOOOOOO good Sir. These are delicious no doubt. :smokin :smokin

Damn those are straight fiiiiiireeee. You got anymore pics you can post on here?? Definitly tryna see better pics and better angles of these. Damn. One of the best laker cw Ids I've seen by far.

Thanks bro, i actually cooked up a Home and Away pair both previously posted and can be seen in detail within my profile. 8's are just that awesome to me aside from most released CW's.

Need to see more Graffiti iDs. Anybody got them coming? And what color pattern...
I am really thinking about pulling the trigger on these pink graffs.. I am nervous but so tempted haha. I probably am gonna order today. Obviously that doesnt help now but when I get em I am putting them on here for sure

Last edited:
i know ppl mentioned this before, but if you guys haven't played with the KD ID options...they have much better options than kobe ID....even a glow in the dark midsole....damn I wish kobe ID had them.  These kobe 8s are too dope of a shoe, just wish nike would give us more to choose from.
That is because the KD VI is an ugly silhouette.  Nike knows that in order to sell any ID's, they need to make the options very enticing.  Stuff like glow in the dark and chroma are there to persuade people to spend their money on some ugly KD VI's.  I do admit, some of the colorways I have seen for the shoe are fire, but that doesn't disregard that the shoe is ugly.

The Kobe 8 is a very very nice looking shoe.  It's just a shame that the options Nike gave us are crap.  I guess they know the ID's will sell anyway, regardless if they put better options or not.

i know ppl mentioned this before, but if you guys haven't played with the KD ID options...they have much better options than kobe ID....even a glow in the dark midsole....damn I wish kobe ID had them.  These kobe 8s are too dope of a shoe, just wish nike would give us more to choose from.
That is because the KD VI is an ugly silhouette.  Nike knows that in order to sell any ID's, they need to make the options very enticing.  Stuff like glow in the dark and chroma are there to persuade people to spend their money on some ugly KD VI's.  I do admit, some of the colorways I have seen for the shoe are fire, but that doesn't disregard that the shoe is ugly.

The Kobe 8 is a very very nice looking shoe.  It's just a shame that the options Nike gave us are crap.  I guess they know the ID's will sell anyway, regardless if they put better options or not.
so you are saying nike mass released a shoe that is "ugly", and is trying to fix its mistake for releasing an "ugly" shoe by giving it more ID options?

i think CWs do make or break a shoe especially with recent releases. doesnt matter how they feel or how they even look at times

Inspector Gadget's are dope, the original V is probably one of my favorite unreleased shoes of all time.

The graffiti option made me pull the trigger on my first ID since my football cleats 7 years ago. 

Sick of waiting for solid uppers. (desperately wanted to make cocaine 8s)

Went with the pink theme instead, absolutely in love, cannot wait to see finished product.
They sent me an email saying my Pinks were "started" on 7/31. No word since. Probably at least another week before I hear anything. 
nerd.gif

so you are saying nike mass released a shoe that is "ugly", and is trying to fix its mistake for releasing an "ugly" shoe by giving it more ID options?
No.  They released a shoe which KD and Leo Chang collaborated on, and that shoe just happens to be ugly.  

Nike just made some nice looking colorways to make the shoe look better.  It's like putting a lot of makeup on an ugly girl.  It might make her look better, but, when it comes down to it, she's still ugly.  

Plus, there is no way the ID version of the shoe should cost $70 more than the actual version.  But it's not my money, so what am I to say?

working on it right now, for reference and comparison, here is the pair i returned......  
Mainly i hated the black/black midsole and outsole. also the shiny silver swoosh pissed me off since it was supposed to be "stadium grey"

I wish there were more options on the snake logo.  like a gradient, or multi color. from kobe logo and the snake to be separate colors. 

Alright here they are!   My goal was to keep them clean and simple besides the crazy upper, because i wanted them to look like a colorway that Nike would actually release and people would buy

This pic shows how the white tongue logo is very nice, it has a nice gray contrast in it, not blended together like a lot of the colors.....

Last edited:
that white logo on the tongue and the back look money in contrast with black.  I am glad you changed the bottoms and the laces.  def looks way cleaner.   good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom