Zoom Kobe VI Review Thread Vol. Better than the V?

If Nike would've just put heel and forefoot Zoom on the Kobe IVs instead of the lunar foam, it would've been the best Nike Kobe signature to date!

If Nike would've just put heel and forefoot Zoom on the Kobe IVs instead of the lunar foam, it would've been the best Nike Kobe signature to date!

^I do concur...the IV's are by far the best in my opinion out of the IVs, V's, and VI's. I just picked up another pair of the IV's too because I feel this year's basketball shoes lineup is a bit weak...but I'm just super picky about my shoes......

^I do concur...the IV's are by far the best in my opinion out of the IVs, V's, and VI's. I just picked up another pair of the IV's too because I feel this year's basketball shoes lineup is a bit weak...but I'm just super picky about my shoes......

to me, the kobe VI is better than the V.

i had heal slippage at first, but it went away after 2-3 wears. if you still have the issue, then your shoe is too big.

btw.. i know i've said this before, but take the VI insoles and put them in the V's. you'll get almost the same feel as the VI, better feel than the V's for sure.

traction is better than the V's for sure.

cushioning is better than the V's (but i think it has to do with the insole)

to me, the kobe VI is better than the V.

i had heal slippage at first, but it went away after 2-3 wears. if you still have the issue, then your shoe is too big.

btw.. i know i've said this before, but take the VI insoles and put them in the V's. you'll get almost the same feel as the VI, better feel than the V's for sure.

traction is better than the V's for sure.

cushioning is better than the V's (but i think it has to do with the insole)

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

ZKIV has the combination of both Zoom Air and lunar for cushioning. 
The insole is like any other insole. for the most part. ALL insoles will mold to your feet, it's just another gimming imo. And heel slippage is actually the biggest flaw in this shoe (not just according to me). And my feet are true to size in most shoes. But i do agree, the Zoom Kobe 4's are still one of the best for me. Kobe 4's and 5's all day. 

ZKIV has the combination of both Zoom Air and lunar for cushioning. 
The insole is like any other insole. for the most part. ALL insoles will mold to your feet, it's just another gimming imo. And heel slippage is actually the biggest flaw in this shoe (not just according to me). And my feet are true to size in most shoes. But i do agree, the Zoom Kobe 4's are still one of the best for me. Kobe 4's and 5's all day. 

^I know ZKIVs have both Zoom and Lunar, that's why I said Nike should have just put Zoom on both the heel and forefoot instead of lunar on the forefoot.

^I know ZKIVs have both Zoom and Lunar, that's why I said Nike should have just put Zoom on both the heel and forefoot instead of lunar on the forefoot.

Wore My Kobe VI for the first time last night. My first wearing of them 6 was better then my first wearing of the 5's last year. I hated the 5's at first. I loved the 4's. I kept on wearing the 5's and they turned in to being the best shoe I have ever had!!!! I went back to wearing my 4's recently cause I broke my 5's and am waiting for nike to send me back a replacement, and the 4's where terrible compared to the 5's an I LOVE THE 4's. What I'm sayin is, the 5's are amazing. As for the 6's, Got my normal size, they fit just like the 5's, a bit tighter at the forefoot. I dont lace mine to the top hole, but there wasnt really any heal slippage. The shoe is noticeably higher off the ground! I'm hoping that once they get broken in an the cushioning sinks a little, that it wont feel so high off the ground. Traction was okay, not as good as the 5's but got better as the night went on. I was playing on a freshly swept floor. I think the 6 will be amazing once they are broken in. The cushioning is definatly gonna last longer then the 4's an 5s. My toes kinda went numb cause there was more cushioning then I'm used to. Jordans do the same thing to my feet when I first start wearing them. Anyways, I'm gonna break them in an tell you guys how it goes

Wore My Kobe VI for the first time last night. My first wearing of them 6 was better then my first wearing of the 5's last year. I hated the 5's at first. I loved the 4's. I kept on wearing the 5's and they turned in to being the best shoe I have ever had!!!! I went back to wearing my 4's recently cause I broke my 5's and am waiting for nike to send me back a replacement, and the 4's where terrible compared to the 5's an I LOVE THE 4's. What I'm sayin is, the 5's are amazing. As for the 6's, Got my normal size, they fit just like the 5's, a bit tighter at the forefoot. I dont lace mine to the top hole, but there wasnt really any heal slippage. The shoe is noticeably higher off the ground! I'm hoping that once they get broken in an the cushioning sinks a little, that it wont feel so high off the ground. Traction was okay, not as good as the 5's but got better as the night went on. I was playing on a freshly swept floor. I think the 6 will be amazing once they are broken in. The cushioning is definatly gonna last longer then the 4's an 5s. My toes kinda went numb cause there was more cushioning then I'm used to. Jordans do the same thing to my feet when I first start wearing them. Anyways, I'm gonna break them in an tell you guys how it goes

How sick would it be if on NikeID you could change the traction pattern?! Oh man, I would buy three pairs of the VI's if it just had herringbone traction pattern......

How sick would it be if on NikeID you could change the traction pattern?! Oh man, I would buy three pairs of the VI's if it just had herringbone traction pattern......

I have yet to experience traction problems with the 6s really... better traction than the 5s IMO.
but 4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6>5

I have yet to experience traction problems with the 6s really... better traction than the 5s IMO.
but 4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6>5

How do you guys think the Kobe VIs would hold up outdoors on an asphalt court?

I'm wondering how long the honeycomb pattern would last.

Second wearing last night, They are pretty comfy, Still feeling too high off the ground. I feels like its slowing down the reaction time when I got to push up, seems like its blocky and the traction isnt great, so I feel like I'm kinda slipping a slight bit every time I got to plant and move! Hopefully it will get better! the 5s definatly lock your foot in better no question.

Second wearing last night, They are pretty comfy, Still feeling too high off the ground. I feels like its slowing down the reaction time when I got to push up, seems like its blocky and the traction isnt great, so I feel like I'm kinda slipping a slight bit every time I got to plant and move! Hopefully it will get better! the 5s definatly lock your foot in better no question.

Man if ZK4's had forefoot zoom, that would probably be the only bball shoe I would ever need.

Man if ZK4's had forefoot zoom, that would probably be the only bball shoe I would ever need.

Originally Posted by thaolor

I too wonder how they would hold up outdoors...anyone tried them out on the blacktop yet?  Blacktop...hheee, reminds me of elementary school......

Back
Top Bottom