*★*Official Chicago Bears 2009-2010 Thread(4-4)*★* week 10 @49ers

The Hester comments are a non-issue. But if Cutler keeps making similar comments I can see that affecting the team.

I, personally love Favre as a Viking. It does many things that I like.
1: Exposes him as the jerky diva he is.
2: Is going to make all the Packer lovers hate him.
3: He is awful in a dome
4: not as good as he used to be, to high of a risk for an old arm.

laugh.gif
i dont even watch preseason

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at Favre being a Viking. Its time for Urlacher beat down part dos. We have OWNEDFavre since Lovie took over, even when the Pack won the division

as bad as it sounds i REALLY hope Uralcher or someone actually kills him. End this old @+*!. Thatll end the drama EVERY offseason. Dude is such a #@@@%*% lame
smh.gif

Originally Posted by tylerdub

I just love it when people freak out or get super excited about the preseason. I would have the same reaction if Jay threw 3 picks or 3 TD's. Who cares?
Exactly. After Orton tore it up against the 49ers last year, I thought he was gonna have a stellar year...and look at how that turned out.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

as bad as it sounds i REALLY hope Uralcher or someone actually kills him. End this old @+*!. Thatll end the drama EVERY offseason. Dude is such a #@@@%*% lame
smh.gif
pimp.gif
you are not alone

Originally Posted by nnarum

laugh.gif

Cutler looked like he was worth a few draft picks against the BILLS...
roll.gif
so you get a old beat up QB and you think you can talk now
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
stop it its PRESEASON nobody go all out in preseasonunless they fighting for a job

pre season doesn't mean anything. Cutler will do fine, he gots Matt Forte!!!!!!!!!! Anyone here going to the home opener?? I might go if i can get tickets.

Originally Posted by KOBEDABEST24

pre season doesn't mean anything. Cutler will do fine, he gots Matt Forte!!!!!!!!!! Anyone here going to the home opener?? I might go if i can get tickets.
I definitely need to make a trip back home to watch a game this season, I don't care how much it costs. But I'm trying to cop tickets whenthey come to Detroit.

THE GR8 wrote:

smh.gif

I have hated Favre for so long, I always say that I want nothing more than for him to be brutally and horrifically injured. People always say,"You have to respect what he has done, though.". No I dont. He is the most overrated QB in the history of the NFL. Just let Peyton Manning play for19 years and see what happens to Bretts precious records.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

I have hated Favre for so long, I always say that I want nothing more than for him to be brutally and horrifically injured. People always say, "You have to respect what he has done, though.". No I dont. He is the most overrated QB in the history of the NFL. Just let Peyton Manning play for 19 years and see what happens to Bretts precious records.
Contradiction?

Originally Posted by KOBEDABEST24

ill be there "working"
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- A camp with record crowds couldn't have been any more quiet for the Bears, who closed up shop at Olivet Nazarene University onThursday evening after a 22-day stay.

Jay Cutler was introduced to raving crowds, and after a short flare-up the day players arrived when he and Brian Urlacher professed their undying respect asteammates no matter what Bobby Wade said in Minnesota, it was the kind of camp every coach dreams about. Defensive tackle Marcus Harrison had to get in shapebefore he was cleared. Cornerback Zack Bowman went down with a pulled hamstring after a week, but not before turning heads. Free safety Danieal Manningreinjured his hamstring.

» Click to enlarge image
[img]http://media1.suntimes.com/mul...820_22_45_38_24418-116-165.imageContent[/img]
Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher is moving like he did a few years ago, and that can only be good news for coach Lovie Smith's defense.
(John J. Kim/Sun-Times)

RELATED STORIES
QBs come and go; Kreutz stays put The Cutler watch Some final reports from Bourbonnais

The biggest news dropped in camp when defensive tackle Tommie Harris, after a week of putting on his uniform every day only to stand around in what hecalled a ''political move,'' revealed he had arthroscopic surgery on his bothersome left knee in March. Otherwise, the Bears kept the focus onthe field. The question moving forward is if Bowman and Charles Tillman (back surgery) will return in time for the Sept. 13 opener.

A look at the good, those who failed to gain ground and what's left to be determined after camp:

Good

• • Al Afalava, safety: Without the sixth-round pick from Oregon State, the draft class might look like Cutler and Cutler alone,the bounty received for a package of draft picks. Afalava is the instinctive player the Bears believed he would be, and one way or another he'll stay onthe field.

• • Jay Cutler, quarterback: His cannon of an arm and quick release were as advertised. Most impressive was his way to drop deepballs right into the hands of receivers. That's one sure way to do what general manager Jerry Angelo said Cutler would do, make the receivers better.

• • Brian Urlacher, linebacker: He's moving like he did a couple of years ago, and Urlacher said the difference was anoffseason in which he could train for football, instead of rehabbing his neck. If he again can make plays from sideline to sideline, the defense will beimproved.

• • Chris Williams, right tackle: A year after not doing anything here, Williams has shown to be athletic, physical and feisty inthe trenches. He may be worth the wait if coaches are right about their assessment.

Failed to gain ground

• • Juaquin Iglesias, wide receiver, and Jarron Gilbert, defensive tackle: The third-round draft picks showedoccasional flashes but not enough to instill confidence they will be factors as rookies. It's early, and they could still come on, but right nowthere's nothing guaranteed from the two highest picks.

• • Danieal Manning, defensive back: A golden opportunity to be the free safety, nickel back and kick returner has been put on holdwhile Manning deals with a hamstring issue that cropped up in June. Problem is, he can't adjust to free safety if he's not on the field.

• • Craig Steltz, safety: Was demoted the week before training camp but quickly got work with the starters when Manning wasinjured. That lasted only until Afalava was moved up. Coaches talked up his smarts and instincts, but his opportunity was lost almost before it arrived.

• • Nathan Vasher, cornerback: No one can explain the drop-off in play by the Interceptor, who appears to be approaching a careercrossroads. Vasher is healthy, but he simply isn't making plays. He could be replaced by Corey Graham in the starting lineup Saturday.

To be determined

• • Mark Anderson, defensive end: He has been an enigma. He started camp fast but hasn't done much since and was a nonfactor inthe preseason opener. He's going to have to prove himself.

• • Devin Aromashodu and Brandon Rideau, wide receivers: The big targets Cutler likes didn't show up in thefirst game. They need to push the next three weeks to make the roster.

• • Tommie Harris, defensive tackle: The Bears profess there is a plan for Harris, but a chronic knee condition for a smallerplayer who relies on his explosiveness means no one can predict how he'll hold up over a 16-game schedule. If rest in August is the key, well, he's offto a good start.

• • Lovie Smith. The coach has laid the groundwork for the defense he will be directing this season. It means more chores andresponsibilities, but Smith realizes, Cutler or not, the team must return to form on defense to succeed again. How he handles play-calling will be one of thetop story lines entering the season.

I know it's preseason but damn, we've been tearing it up against one of the league's best defenses. Hopefully this is a sign for things to come.

Originally Posted by illmatic34

I know it's preseason but damn, we've been tearing it up against one of the league's best defenses. Hopefully this is a sign for things to come.
word, but yeah just like i didnt get pissed last week when we sucked, im not gonna get hyped cause its jyst preseason. But damn, and we playing NYso im watching this also actually and im liking
pimp.gif

Cutler and the Defense
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Im not saying this just from a preseason game, but Kevin Payne will have a big year. I loved the signs he showed last year. Im hoping he can turn into an elitesafety. He is a hard hitter and he is very aggressive and good in coverage as well.

Cutler is like the anti-Rex Grossman with that mobility, its gonna help us alot and his cannon is not underated in the slightest bit. We dominated that game(for the 1st team) on both sides of the ball. Hopefully we can keep +@!+ up during the regular season

They looked damn good in the first half. I hope that is the type of productivity we will see come Sep 13th

Just saw the highlites.....they were awesome. My man Forte!!! Cutler alluding tacklers all day. Cutler throwing a 65 yard bomb on the run to his right!! Thedefense with 5 sacks! muy bueno!!

I would be lying if I said I wasn't threatened by the Bears....Cutler adds a whole new dimension to your offense that you've been missing for years.

I know I talk trash in here but you're all good dudes. It's all in good fun
96736f7b1b3c8d12584de2d34682b95d1158dcac.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

I would be lying if I said I wasn't threatened by the Bears....Cutler adds a whole new dimension to your offense that you've been missing for years.

Yeah same here. No hard feelings.

It's gonna be a great, fun year to watch. I think it's very possible that the Pack, the Bears, and the Vikes all make the playoffs.

Yeah that'd be crazy though...considering we all match up against each other for four games a season you know?
laugh.gif
....but hey this division is tough this year, nothing's out of the question
pimp.gif

Yeah that'd be crazy though...considering we all match up against each other for four games a season you know?
laugh.gif
....but hey this division is tough this year, nothing's out of the question
pimp.gif
Word. This could be the hardest division in the NFL, even harder than the NFC East. But that's a big IF though. Packers need to get theirdefense together, Bears need their receivers to step up, and Vikes need Favre to play well.

Thats the way ive been seeing it but for some odd reason it feels like you take it personal when I talk trash
laugh.gif

and for the record ik its pre season but the Packers starters on both O and D were absolutely rediculous...so Vikings and Bears WATCH OUT.

Lions...il worry about you guys in 5 years, maybe.

For you Jehlers/other Pack fans -- it's straight personal and strong hate....I can never see myself being on good terms with Packer fans
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by arstyle27

It's still amazing to see Favre in JPZ's avy......

Go Bears all day baby!!
roll.gif
Part of it's just for reminding the Packer fans on here that theirgodsend has joined the enemy and is now wearing Purple
laugh.gif

For you Jehlers/other Pack fans -- it's straight personal and strong hate....I can never see myself being on good terms with Packer fans
laugh.gif
wink.gif

o i see, well its fun and games for me. I have family right on the border of South Dakota and Minnesota so we always mess with them. All of them in SouthDakota are Twins and Vikings fans.

No strong hate here, but maybe thats because the Packers have always been more successful
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom