☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

If the Clippers give up Gordon, that changes a lot.

That's messed up if they're trying to keep his name out of it to prevent another "Odom situation"
That's messed up you're taking Chris Broussard seriously when the LA Times, Eric Pincus, Berger, Aldridge and Woj have all said otherwise
laugh.gif
QFT.
Eric Pincus is a tool though

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

KBergCBS Ken Berger
Conflicting info out there about Gordon's involvement in Clippers' CP3 offer. Only passing on what I've been told: No Gordon in deal.

KBergCBS Ken Berger
Clips "have not, and will not" give up Gordon in a trade for Chris Paul, source says.

WojYahooNBA: 
Eric Gordon isn't included in a revised Clippers-New Orleans deal for Chris Paul, league source tells Y! Sports.

I wonder if Broussard just wakes up and decides how he's going to *+%# with everyone else's feelings
laugh.gif
Probably. He's admitted on air that some of his reports-- if you can even call them that-- are speculative.

Well Aldridge said they can take either the pick or Gordon. I'm assuming it's the Hornets choice...

I'll rather have my own lottery pick and a proven SG that can possibly become an allstar this season. It makes better sense for the league, it won't make Stern look bad for rejecting the previous deal and it would make the team easier to sell.

Having 2 picks are nice, but nothing is guaranteed. You don't know what you're getting with those picks. You know what your getting with EG. He's a marketable player for NOH this year instead of them just looking like the Cavs of last season.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I'm not saying it's not the right deal, He just shouldn't have ever said 'basketball reasons'

Lakers/Rockets can easily make a case that their deal was better for those reasons. I thought their deal was crap anyway, but still.

Educated fans get the bottoming out part, media/other fans can/will crucify him on it. And the Lakers would have every right to be pissed off. If he allows it and puts himself in that position, good for him.
Agreed. The whole "basketball reasons" was moronic because that Lakers deal was better for them this season to be successful. If they stressed from the beginning of any deals that the Hornets needed youth and cap relief, then it's a different story.
If I'm New Orleans I take the pick and enjoy my awful season and start preparing for the draft immediately.

Well Aldridge said they can take either the pick or Gordon. I'm assuming it's the Hornets choice...

I'll rather have my own lottery pick and a proven SG that can possibly become an allstar this season. It makes better sense for the league, it won't make Stern look bad for rejecting the previous deal and it would make the team easier to sell.

Having 2 picks are nice, but nothing is guaranteed. You don't know what you're getting with those picks. You know what your getting with EG. He's a marketable player for NOH this year instead of them just looking like the Cavs of last season. Maybe it's just personal preference. All the players I'm receiving either won't be here or will be coming off the bench. The chances of my team picking a player that's just as good or better than EG is 50/50. Just take the proven player and use your own pick.

If I read it right it's more the Hornets telling the Clippers you gotta include the pick or Gordon. Gotta give up one or the other. Seems like a snap decision, keeping EG to pair along with Blake and CP3, but will Sterling want to resign EG for big bucks when it's time, or, a rookie with upside, on a rookie deal, keeping the pick instead.

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Chauncey Billups scheduled to clear waivers tonight at 6PM but hearing Bobcats considering bid for CB despite his "don't claim me" threats
34 seconds ago

MJ trollin'...
laugh.gif

Having 2 picks are nice, but nothing is guaranteed. You don't know what you're getting with those picks. You know what your getting with EG. He's a marketable player for NOH this year instead of them just looking like the Cavs of last season. Maybe it's just personal preference. All the players I'm receiving either won't be here or will be coming off the bench. The chances of my team picking a player that's just as good or better than EG is 50/50. Just take the proven player and use your own pick.

That's just it though, he's a restricted free agent after this season. He can opt to take the final yr of his contract next year and walk as a unrestricted free agent and then what?  Why not bring in another guy who can become somewhat vested in the team/organization from the onset of his career.

You have to take the pick. When you look at this class... YOU HAVE TO.

Having 2 picks are nice, but nothing is guaranteed. You don't know what you're getting with those picks. You know what your getting with EG. He's a marketable player for NOH this year instead of them just looking like the Cavs of last season.
The financials matter, though. Gordon is due for a big payday soon. That wouldn't be an issue with the two picks for awhile.

I would tell the Clippers they can keep Aminu and Bledsoe. Gordon, Kaman and pick... done deal.

Based on what happened to the unprotected pick the Clippers sent to the Cavs last year, I don't think it's a case of not knowing what you're getting with the pick.

Stern needs to die. At first I thought the guy was just doing his job, now I think he is just a delusional control prick. $%!# yo $#%% !*%##
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Reports: Wolves close to four-year deal with PG J.J. Barea

The Minnesota Timberwolves are on the verge of adding what could be a key sparkplug.

According to multiple reports, free agent J.J. Barea is close to signing a four-year, $19 million deal to become Ricky Rubio's backup point guard. Barea gained notoriety with the Dallas Mavericks in last year's postseason by scoring 22 points in a sweep-clinching win over the Lakers in the Western Conference quarterfinals.

I'm not a Kahn supporter, but don't they only have 2 point guards on the roster right now? So Barea only makes three.

Maybe you pay Ridnour and Barea less to back up Rubio, but ehh.. I won't crucify him for this.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard
http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_BroussardChris_Broussard Chris Broussard 

Sources say in addition to Bledsoe, league asking for another pick from Minny. Stern is trying to make this impossible.
Stern is hilarious 
laugh.gif

Pretty sure that the Clippers can't trade any first rounders until like 2017 because of their 2012 pick that went to Boston

First Round
1Anthony Davis PF
18 years old; 6'10"; 220 lbs.
Kentucky, Freshman
2Andre Drummond C
18 years old; 6'11"; 251 lbs.
Connecticut, Freshman
3Harrison Barnes SF
19 years old; 6'8"; 210 lbs.
North Carolina, Sophomore
4Jared Sullinger PF
19 years old; 6'8"; 250 lbs.