☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Allen. 
pimp.gif

I agree with JA, I would love a CP3, Gordon, Blake, Jordan team moreso than CP3, Melo, and Stat.

HOWEVER, the Knicks being extremely relevant would be better than the Clippers being relevant.  Having games matter at MSG mean more than games being relevant to the stepchild Staples dwellers.  Staples has enough big games/history goin on, no need for 2. 

But team/game wise, I would like the Clipper group more for Paul. 

I assume if the Clippers are pushing for Paul, they'd rather keep Griffin and Gordon to add to that nucleus.

To LAC:
Chris Paul

To NOH:
Chris Kaman
Eric Bledsoe
Al-Farouq Aminu
Multiple first-round picks

Not a bad deal per se but it's not really something the Hornets would be looking for, just because of the bar that was set for the Melo trade.

Revenue for Staples would be ridiculous, but I agree, MSG would thrive with Paul there more than they are now.

I don't personally care about any of that, I'd just love to see Paul throw oops all day to those two..
sick.gif

And before anyone blasts me saying they couldn't keep Gordon, LAC, if they were competent enough could say.. "Look, we can offer you a lot more than New York can, even if we don't include Eric Gordon."

If LA were smart enough they'd put all their eggs in the basket and try to get Paul, then maybe try and sign someone like Butler, Prince or Shane Battier for the MLE.

Foye/Aminu/Bledsoe/Kaman+picks (if they have them) is better than ANYTHING New York could offer. 16 million off the books next year just with Foye/Kaman. New Orleans could also tag on Trevor or Emeka if they wanted to just for more relief.

They could take on Paul's contract since they are under the cap.

Paul/Mo
Gordon
Battier or Prince or Butler/Gomes
Griffin
DeAndre

You can't tell me a few good role players wouldn't come sign on the cheap to play with Paul and Blake.

Or they can trade him to New York where they'll just have those three, which I'm not fond of.

Tim Kawakami: Multiple NBA sources: If the Hornets consider trading Chris Paul, one player they really like is Stephen Curry & have told GSWs that. Twitter

EHH. Could Monta/Paul co-exist together? Who is there in GS who could REALLY strive under Paul? He'd definitely upgrade their bigs, but at what cost? Being a low-seeded Playoff team?

Chris Paul and Trevor Ariza for Mo Williams, Chris Kaman, Al Farouq Aminu, Eric Bledsoe, Timberwolves 2012 pick and a future Clippers pick (I think they can throw another future pick as well).

Two solid veterans on expiring contracts, two prospects for the future, one definite high lottery pick and a future pick from one of the most dysfunctional, cursed organizations in sports.

Why Mo? He isn't up until after 2013. Foye should work just as fine and still have room to make moves.

Paul+Ariza is 23 million, Kaman+Aminu+Bledsoe+Foye is 20 million

They'd have Paul, Ariza, Blake, Gordon, Mo, Gomes, Cook, Warren, at about 45 million. Then they'd re-sign DeAndre starting at what, 7 million? 8 million?

That's still enough room to sign another guy at ~7 million, and then use their MLE? No?
nerd.gif

did everyone forget who owns the clippers or soemthing?

That cheapskate wont lift a finger after he gets CP and blake together.

would any of you put your prime in the hands of sterling? im shocked you guys are treating this like an afterthought

and mike wilbon is such a %+#@*$@ homer loser. eceb when it comes to other sports. talks about the pens on FIRE and doesnt mention they just lost to the rangers

you chicago dudes are sumthing else

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Tim Kawakami: Multiple NBA sources: If the Hornets consider trading Chris Paul, one player they really like is Stephen Curry & have told GSWs that. Twitter
EHH. Could Monta/Paul co-exist together? Who is there in GS who could REALLY strive under Paul? He'd definitely upgrade their bigs, but at what cost? Being a low-seeded Playoff team?
Going to GS with Jackson as coach is like going to NO as they're rebuilding without the guarantee that the team will be that good defensively.

Originally Posted by DubA169

did everyone forget who owns the clippers or soemthing?

That cheapskate wont lift a finger after he gets CP and blake together.

would any of you put your prime in the hands of sterling? im shocked you guys are treating this like an afterthought
Not trying to give him credit or anything, but Sterling hasn't ever had a player like Paul before. He never even had a guy like Blake Griffin before. This is their opportunity. They could get a deal done. Paul would sign an extension playing for the Clippers, I have no doubts about that.

I don't think any owner is that incompetent to not give Chris Paul money.

A core of Paul/Gordon/Blake/DeAndre makes me drool.

its about what would happen AFTER

you sell out every night... and then? that guy is not going nuts money wise to win a chip.

you sell out every night... and then? that guy is not going nuts money wise to win a chip.
How many owners are when they aren't put in position to win?

Why Mo? He isn't up until after 2013. Foye should work just as fine and still have room to make moves.

They'd have Paul, Ariza, Blake, Gordon, Mo, Gomes, Cook, Warren, at about 45 million. Then they'd re-sign DeAndre starting at what, 7 million? 8 million?

That's still enough room to sign another guy at ~7 million, and then use their MLE? No?
nerd.gif
Ah, I thought Mo's contract just expired after this season, forgot he has a player option for 2012-2013. You figure Demps would like a competitive group of players while rebuilding. Mo fits that bill with Kaman. Plus acquiring Randy Foye would duplicate Jarrett Jack.

DeAndre Jordan will cost at least $8-9 million.

Originally Posted by PMatic

nerd.gif
Ah, I thought Mo's contract just expired after this season, forgot he has a player option for 2012-2013. You figure Demps would like a competitive group of players while rebuilding. Mo fits that bill with Kaman. Plus acquiring Randy Foye would duplicate Jarrett Jack.

DeAndre Jordan will cost at least $8-9 million.
I don't know, I don't think it's a deal breaker personally.

Could also find another team looking for some cap relief and ship Foye there, and in the process take on another contract as long as he's a decent player.

CP3 isn't getting traded anywhere unless he's willing to sign the extension. No way I see him extending in GS. I can see LAC or ORL (whether ORL plausible or not is another matter).

Jarrod Rudolph: I'll be clear. I'm being told that Deron Williams is very interested in playing w/ Dwight Howard in Orlando or Brooklyn; 12 is his guy. 2 minutes ago

go ask the bulls fans that aren't 16

I'm not saying CP3 is on the same level as the guys I'm about to mention, but DubA is absolutely right.

Sterling has definitely had talent; Odom, QRich, ELTON BRAND… but he simply doesn't care about the phrase 'long term.' The squad they had back in like '04 or '05 or whatever, they were nice. Just a couple tweaks and they could have been a legit contender for a while, but what happened? Everyone on that roster is gone except Kaman, and no one was brought in to improve things.

"They're rebuilding."
laugh.gif
You can't be rebuilding for 20+ years.
laugh.gif
That's not 'rebuilding'; that's 'owner is either incompetent, doesn't give a damn, or franchise is cursed.'

go ask the bulls fans that aren't 16

The frustration is out the game.  We're talking about a man who's went on record stating that he would trade all 6 of our banners for 1 I repeat ONE world series.

Do you know what that type of #+@! can do to a brothers mind???? 
tired.gif

You made the whole point of what we're talking about here. Quentin Richardson, Elton Brand, Lamar Odom.

They were a fringe Playoff team at best.

I'm not saying LAC would be instant contenders, but could be with that core.

Quentin Richardson? Come on dude, what has he ever been worth?

Elton Brand? A good PF for a few years.

Lamar Odom? A top-five SF in his prime at best.

None of those guys could ever be #1 options. They weren't ever going to contend. They were a bottom feeder. They struck gold and got a good match-up against Denver, and pushed Phoenix to seven. They weren't going to contend regardless unless they got a huge steal, just like the bottom feeders of each conference now couldn't contend unless gold landed in their lap.

Off that roster in 2006, You had Elton Brand, Sam Cassell, Cuttino Mobley, Chris Kaman, Corey Maggette, and Shaun Livingston. How many of those guys are worth a damn today? Not a damn one.
laugh.gif
Odom is the only significant piece, and he is significant, but no more significant than someone like DeAndre Jordan now.

Blake, Paul, and even Eric Gordon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any of those dudes.

Blake and Paul can easily be the best in their position; Paul now, Blake later.

Am I a fool for thinking even Sterling couldn't eff this up if they got Paul? Maybe I am, but it's a ridiculous core they could build around.

I'll be the first one to say this, probably will catch a lot of flak but...

IF CP3 does end up in NY, he's going to win this seasons MVP. He's going to go absolutely nuts with Melo and Amare and I can definitely see him having the greatest season of any PG that has ever played.

I love my dude D.Rose, that's my dude, Deron is good (I hate his %@#!#%+ guts though, ever since I heard about that group rape he participated in), Westbrook is a beast BUT CP3 is still the best point guard in the league.

Him leaving NO for NY is the equivalent of Mario Andretti trading in a Hyundai for a Ferrari (lol, if that made any sense whatsoever). That move would instantaneously make the Knicks the best team in the NBA (better than my Lakers and better than the Heat). Honestly, I think my Lakers could beat the Heat in a 7 game series, I don't want any part of a CP3 lead Knicks team. Nuh uh, I'm good on that....

Hell no...

Only team I see giving them any trouble is them Oklahoma boys. I see a CP3 led Knicks slicing through Miami like a hot Samurai sword through an already half melted stick of butter.
CP3 in LA with Blake would be cool, wouldn't make them better than LA's real team though. We'd mash on them regardless, so would Dallas and Oklahoma. 

I see a CP3 led Knicks slicing through Miami like a hot Samurai sword through an already half melted stick of butter.

I see Wade slicing through New York like a hot samurai sword through an already half-melted stick of butter.
roll.gif

Wade would demolish those guys. Who's going to stop him?

You gotta realize, there's literally no cap space after Paul signs there. None. They are over the cap this year. They have 43 million committed to 4 guys. Paul's contract would be at least 17 million you'd think, no? Maybe get one good guy who will come on board using the smaller MLE, but that's a thin roster.

If you're New Orleans, you look at an offer of Chauncey Billups, Turiaf, and no picks, or two young prospects from LA, and a few picks, and just as much cap relief, what looks better?

Back
Top Bottom