☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Even w. Paul in the lineup, Knicks still got D'Antoni as coach and still have two superstars who don't play a lick of defense....they'll ALWAYS be second/third/fourth fiddle to teams like Miami, Chicago, etc.

#Knicksslanderbuscomeatmebros

like toine said...Mike Miller
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

[h1]Miami teammate says Miller will miss 8 weeks because of surgery
[/h1]
MIAMI (AP) -- Some Miami Heat players went back to work Thursday. Mike Miller wasn't with them, thanks to yet another injury.

Such was an auspicious beginning for the reigning Eastern Conference champions.

Continuing a trend from last season, when he played in only half of Miami's 82 regular-season games, Miller will miss about eight weeks while recovering from hernia surgery. Miller told The Associated Press that he had the procedure earlier this week, adding that he isn't sure how the injury happened.

"It's unreal with my luck right now," Miller said. "When it rains it pours."

So a day that was supposed to be tinged with optimism - the return of some Heat players to the team facility for the first time since the NBA lockout began July 1 - came with a cloud of uncertainly. Miller missed the start of last season, his first with the Heat, after breaking his right thumb by getting tangled in LeBron James' jersey during a preseason practice. He had shoulder problems during the year and needed offseason surgery on his left thumb.

Now comes this, amid widespread speculation that the Heat may consider using the new amnesty provision in the still-not-completed new collective bargaining agreement to jettison Miller and the approximate $4.35 million - that's pro-rated for a 66-game schedule, the original total was $5.4 million - he would have made this season. He's owed $18.2 million for the three seasons that follow this one as well.

"I know Mike. He's a strong guy, he's going to stay positive and he's going to get back as soon as he can," said Heat forward Udonis Haslem, who went to the University of Florida with Miller and considers him one of his very closest friends. "The key with Mike is, we've got to fight him not to get back too fast. He's going to want to be out there. He's going to want to play. He's got to just pace himself and get healthy."

link

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
In both a good and bad way. We'll probably have the best offense with the worst defense since we'd have dudes like Turiaf and Jeffries at the C. Scoring 120 a game allowing 119 to out opponents.
Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

completely agree

laugh.gif
 Yall just seem mad he wants to come to the Knicks. Nobody talking about Deron basically doing the same thing to get the most money possible with this new CBA. Their agents probably told them their options and the reality of the situation and they're doing them.
1st One opting out and saying he won't sign the extension now is a completely different situation than one saying I'm not resigning with you all I want to be traded to specific team.  If you can't see that then I you just lack common sense and there's no use in us conversating.

Furthermore... While I hate the Knicks... this isn't about that, I just have a problem with someone attempting to extort someone. You want out, play out your contract, fulfill your obligation and then leave.  Can't say you did anything wrong then, but this... this is foul.  Especially considering he just spit that "My heart is still in New Orleans" rhetoric.

Funny thing is Bron became a Pariah for leaving as a free agent here we have two of the biggest stars in the game forcing their way out of their contract and all of a sudden nothing is wrong with it
1st off it's conversing not conversating and yes there's a difference but the main similarities is that the players involved are trying to get the most money possible.

This is not extortion. Cuz the demand is to be traded to a team while the alternative is walkig after the contract up leaving the team with NOTHING. Look at the situation Denver is in right now. At least Melo was nice enough to let them trade him and get value back. He could've just said you know what I'll take that new CBA contract and I'll just Lebron yall. So if Paul wants to try to that at least NO will get something out of it, more power to that tactic than just up and leaving. You think Cavs fan are happy with how LeBron played out his contract and just left? He became a pariah for a reason. What Melo did and what Paul is attempting at least gives the teams their leaving a chance.

As far as what who said. CP3 said his heart is still in NO. His agent said trade him to NY
laugh.gif
Might be double talk but aint nothing cold blooded came out of his mouth yet in terms of leaving NO. It's been all pc.

I can't wait till Dwight does the same.

Which is better playing out your contract leaving the team with nothing or at least agreeing to extend with a team your traded to while your former team gets some picks and assets?
You signed your name on a contract to perform for "X" amount of year, a contract in which you negotiated to fit your likes and dislikes, now because things aren't smooth sailing you don't want to honor your end of the deal.  That's gay no matter who's involved bruh.  Whats the purpose of signing multi year deals if a players just going to turn around and attempt to force their way out of it in the public?
Son you saying this like TEAMS DON'T DO THIS TO PLAYERS ALL THE TIME! WHERE IS THEIR HONOR?

What's the purpose of offering multi-year deals if you gonna end up trading the player before his contract is up? Aint no honor in this shh b.
Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I don't care what team he goes to, I think the way he's going about it is stupid just like how I thought about Melo
Yall really just cool with players just up and leaving teams with no compensation like it's been for some time now? Shaq leaving the Magic destitute, etc. If Durant suddenly wants out of OKC you really think it's in their best interest to just let him play out his contract and leave? Instead of working something out with him where they get something in return and he goes where he wants?

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

The knicks would be
eek.gif
if Paul went there... I just don't see how NO would want to send him there just because he wants too though.
grin.gif

I agree. I would think trading him to the Lakers would be better too. Get Bynum Shannon and another couple of pieces.. draft picks maybe. IDK

i

Roy contemplating retirement?
3:50
PM ET
Brandon Roy | Trail Blazers
TopEmailComments

The Blazers are currently expected to use their amnesty provision on Brandon Roy, which would free him up to be signed by other teams.

But there's word he may also retire instead.

From Alex Kennedy of HOOPSWORLD: "League sources say that Roy may consider retirement if the Blazers decide to waive him. Roy has been weighing his options and asking a number of people if he would still be able to collect his amnesty money if he chooses to retire. The 27-year-old has had arthroscopic surgery on both of his knees and played in just 47 games last season."

If Roy ends up staying in the league, the Bulls could show interest.

There's also word Roy would like to stay on the West Coast, which could put the Warriors into play.

-- Ryan Corazza

i

Buss willing to trade Bynum
10:19
AM ET
Andrew Bynum | Lakers
TopEmailComments
Mitch Kupchak might be the Lakers VP of basketball operations, but many think Jim Buss is running the team.

Last season there was plenty of speculation about the possibility of the Los Angeles Lakers sending Andrew Bynum to the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard, but rumors were shot down with word that Buss was unwilling to deal his young center, even for the Magic's All-Star.

Apparently, Buss has changed his mind. According to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com, he is now willing to move Bynum "for the right deal."

Berger throws out this scenario: "Bynum may or may not be on the Magic's list of suitable replacements for Howard in a potential deal that also would have to include young players on rookie contracts and draft picks. The Bucks' Andrew Bogut may be a better fit, a notion that has conjured speculation in the agent community of a three-team deal that would land Bynum in Milwaukee, Bogut in Orlando and Howard in L.A."

Howard can become a free agent on July 1, while Bynum is signed through the 2012-13 season and Bogut through 2013-14.

-- Nick Borges

When do the Nets move to Brooklyn again?

2012-13, or 2013-14 season?

Who are the Knicks gonna give up to get him there?! They gave up everyone of any value to get Melo. I know N.O. doesnt want to get Chauncy @35 in return. Toney Douglass isn't anywhere near a viable option straight up for Paul. AND since the NBA owns the Hornets they are gonna wanna keep them semi attractive. A 3-team trade, like someone said earlier or waiting until he's a free agent, would be the smartest move. After this season they have like 3-4 players still under contract. The salary cap is $58 mil(correct me if i'm wrong) and they already paying Melo/Stat $20 mil/yr a piece. So if Paul wants to go there he takes a huge paycut and the Knicks scour the "How many points would you score in an NBA game" thread for potential role players.

Do players have to pay to train with guys like Hakeem? I've always wondered when I hear guys like Kobe are learning from him.

Plus I can't see him willingly wanting to teach the Lopez twins.

Ok we get it. You are cousins with Tyson Chandler
laugh.gif

I hope Roy gets a shot with another team... Its tough to see such a young player with potential go out like that with injuries.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Nets go to BK next season.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

laugh.gif
Yall just seem mad he wants to come to the Knicks. Nobody talking about Deron basically doing the same thing
to get the most money possible with this new CBA. Their agents probably told them their options and the reality of the situation and they're doing them.
You feel me? Dudes don't get mad at Dwight leaving a team that has been loyal to him or about Deron wanting to get more money and play for a more competitive team than the Nets...But once they hear "____ doesn't wanna stay with his current team and wants to play for the Knicks" everyone is like
mad.gif
What a bum!!..Let the Knicks eat..We've been garbage for the past 10 years..Can we be happy for once?
laugh.gif
Preach my brothers! They don't want us to be great!!! But the time will soon be at hand. Woe betide those who chose to cross us. No mercy will be shown when we reach the promised land 
pimp.gif
You Knick bums dont deserve a championship. Not in the 90s, not in the 00s, and not now 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry, John Starks is the reason I hate your team still to this day lol

I'm more excited by Griffin/Jordan/Paul/Gordon than I am Melo/Amare/Paul, and that's not New York hate, LAC would be fun as hell to watch with those two high-flying bigs.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

I just want Evan Turner gone. I know I know. It will only be his second year. But I hate that *$@#@

Ugh his shot makes me cringe. And his wide %*# crossover that gets ripped 80 percent of the time....

Look at the situation Denver is in right now. At least Melo was nice enough to let them trade him and get value back. He could've just said you know what I'll take that new CBA contract and I'll just Lebron yall. So if Paul wants to try to that at least NO will get something out of it, more power to that tactic than just up and leaving. You think Cavs fan are happy with how LeBron played out his contract and just left? He became a pariah for a reason. What Melo did and what Paul is attempting at least gives the teams their leaving a chance.

They could care less about Denver/NO. They want out ASAP, and there isn't a backlash because those are middling teams in the Western Conference. LeBron was leading his team to the best record in the league. If he knew he was leaving, how are you going to ask out after your team made the conference finals and the team was on track to have the best record in the league again?..nor would the Cavs have dealt him when they're window was open to win a title. 
Shaq was good enough to win and off a Finals appearance.. you don't ask out. LeBron same deal. KD same deal right now. Hard to say, 'well, I don't want to be here even if we're a 60 win team and a top 4 team in the league. So you guys, get what you can for me even if we can win it all, I have to go...' In those cases you do hold onto those type of stars and try to win and hope for the best come the Free Agency period. Not only can an owner not deal a star who is winning 60 games and placing a team in championship contention, those players can't ask out. People already killed LeBron for joining a super team, can you imagine the back lash if he asked out after winning 66 games, an MVP and off a trip to the ECF? If Shaq asked out after Hakeem whipped his behind? You just can't do that nor should you have a reason to do so. LeBron was either staying in Cleveland or leaving via Free Agency. No in-between.

Melo and Cp3 are not cut from that cloth. They are stars but not of THAT caliber or at least have not had that strong of a team around them the past year. they can maneuver in this manner because everybody knows NO/Denver are/were not remotely close to being in contention for championships. And Orlando has regressed as a team to the point where Dwight will get to play hard ball with the Magic now, too. 60 win team and top 2 in the East? Nope, you're staying and they'll try to win it all. 45-50 win team and 5th best in the East? They have no choice but to listen to demands. 

Do players have to pay to train with guys like Hakeem? I've always wondered when I hear guys like Kobe are learning from him.

Plus I can't see him willingly wanting to teach the Lopez twins.

yea they do

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

[h3]
[h3]Sources: Hornets Hold Paul Trade Talks With Clippers, Celtics, Knicks[/h3]
Dec 01, 2011 1:05 AM EST

Paul_Chris_noh_111130.jpg

While the Hornets still hope to sign Chris Paul to a long-term extension, they have had trade discussions with several teams, including the Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics and New York Knicks, sources said.

If Paul is successful in getting an extend-and-trade deal, he would only be permitted to sign a one-year extension as opposed to the three-year extension signed by Carmelo Anthony last February.

If Paul tests free agency, he would stand to lose up to $26 million if he turned down the Hornets’ maximum five-year, $100 million offer. The most Paul could earn from another team is a four-year, $74 million contract.

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ks_With_Clippers_Celtics_Knicks#ixzz1fJr3JIeg
[/h3]
http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ks_With_Clippers_Celtics_Knicks#ixzz1fJr3JIeg

Chris Paul, Griffin, Jordan, and Gordan 
sick.gif
eek.gif

Keep him away from Cali unless its to my guys 
pimp.gif

come on dude they would have to give up gordon or griffin for paul...
kaman and trash wont cut it

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by tupac003

Any word on the NBA league pass this year? They better give us a DEEP discount due to the lock out!!
Would 20% off suffice? I mean, that is the percentage of games cut from the schedule.
If they don't go full HD then I am not getting it. The games look like garbage on an HD TV. I have had it every year since they offered it, but enough is enough

depends on ur tv if they look garbage. they look garbage on mine but look awesome on my brothers

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Come 1 am, NBA tv goes back to normal so if anyone has not seen enough of Teen Wolf, the Spirit of St Louis, or Basketball Roundtable, do so now.
THANK GOD!

will they be showing high lights and games from last season? been waiting to see top 10 games from last season.

Back
Top Bottom