☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Warriors-Clips on Christmas
pimp.gif

since Deron doesnt want to sign an extension would NO-NJ-LAC be able to do a three way trade? a scenario where LAC get deron, NJ gets Paul, and NO gets Morrow, Gordon, draft picks, etc

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

he has to realize that if he goes to New York, they'll be handicapped and it'll be VERY hard to them to make moves.
I just wanted to speak a little on this. I don't think they care, Melo, Amare & Paul really want to play together and think they can follow Miami's blueprint. 3 superstar tier players together + average/below average role players. I hate to say it but its working with the Heat & it worked in Boston. Paul on the Knicks gives them a chance to compete with Miami in the East.

There's a huge difference between Miami, Boston, and the Knicks.

If the Knicks figure out some way to get CP3, let's just say they do.

Next year, they would have about 60 million committed to five guys. Paul, Amare, Melo, Douglas, and Balkman. That's it. No bigs, no depth, nothing. Maybe they can re-sign Landry Fields and whoever else, but that doesn't even compare to what the Celtics and Heat had.

Miami got away with it because they had good prospects on the team. They got Joel, Haslem, Mario Chalmers, James Jones, and someone they thought they could count on in Mike Miller. Each of those guys are pretty damn good pieces to put around the Big Three, but does New York have that? Ehh, highly debatable.

Again, with Boston, it may have not seemed like they had much, but Rondo, Powe, Perkins, Tony Allen, Glen Davis, Posey, etc, those guys all were great pieces to put around Boston's Big Three.

Signing Paul/trading for him just doesn't give them that flexibility. If they trade for him, the team will be gutted. If they sign him, they won't have room to sign anyone.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by MrONegative

28klykn.jpg
before that 10 pg Knick haters anonymous get they panties in a bunch.

Got to admit, part of that is funny.

Honestly, I don't know if the Bulls approach is better, and I don't know if it will ever payoff the way they clearly want it to. Dwight to Chicago after Carlos Boozer amnesty or trade with Orlando.
But the Knicks with Paul, Amar'e and Melo don't have much going for it ever. They will be the second most talented team at best in the confrence. They wont have any picks of note, nor any trade assets. The same MLE guys who would go to NY would go to Chicago or Miami almost as fast. And 2 of the 3 have long term knee problems. 2 years into the future Amar'e might be hurt, and going on 11 years in the league, Paul wont be as capable a scorer, no picks of note. And your stuck. Give Amar'e the amnesty, and go after Blake.... By that time everyone who was ever going to consider using the amnesty on a current contract will, and teams if they are smart will gear up for that day til no end. Its a crux... that's all I'm really saying though. I envy it, but its a crux.

ehhhh...I know what the score is. I knew what the deal looked like it was headed for before Isaiah and Dolan hijacked the trade talks from Donnie Walsh and sold out the team to get Melo. I know I was one of the ones saying we paid too great a cost for someone we could've gotten later (not to mention he only saved himself $5.8 million forcing the trade).

But then I also remember picking Frederic Weis over Ron Artest and 2000 when we traded Ewing and Van Gundy left. I remember '03 when Scott Layden got fired and I thought that slick HOFer Isaiah Thomas was gonna lift us out of it. I remember Starbury and Larry Brown and the Bulls front office running train on us and Jerome James and Steve Francis and the black hole Zach Randolph and being so thankful for David Lee and Nate Robinson.

What I'm saying is pump ya damn brakes. You're telling me, man @%$! your plan, at best you'll only be the 2nd best team in the East. I'm saying that's a good place to start. We lost 50 games Mike D'antoni's first year and I watched almost all of them. Do I wish we still had Donnie Walsh, someone I trusted completely, recruiting and building this team...sure. These are the cards we were dealt and all teams are equal when they step on a court.

So who exactly are you trying to get to measure their expectations for Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire? or like some of you said last year..."100 mil?! yall were better off keeping David Lee, suckas
grin.gif
"

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

since Deron doesnt want to sign an extension would NO-NJ-LAC be able to do a three way trade? a scenario where LAC get deron, NJ gets Paul, and NO gets Morrow, Gordon, draft picks, etc
Sure in theory it could happen but why would Deron or CP3 agree to extend in either place? They'd both have to agree beforehand. Especially Paul. Why go to the Nets as they trade away their only star?

being 2nd in the east. oh no what a bad place for a knicks fan. seriously?

it takes one mental collapse by lebron. or one Dwade injury. who knows what could happen.

Warriors to Host Blake Griffin and the Clippers on Christmas Night

I’ve been told by a couple sources the Warriors will be part of the Christmas Day lineup of games to kick off the 2011-12 season. Golden State will host Blake Griffin and the Los Angeles Clippers at Oracle on Christmas Night, the fifth and final game on the NBA slate.

Obviously, things could change. But that’s what the planned schedule is now.

And don’t be surprised if the Warriors host Chicago on Dec. 26. The Bulls are rumored to be opening at the Lakers on Christmas Night. In the previous schedule, the Bulls were slated to play at Oracle on Dec. 26. Keeping that game makes sense. A Lakers-Warriors back-to-back is reasonable for Chicago given the scheduling circumstances.

Surprised the Warriors made the opening night slot? You shouldn’t be. Oracle is known for being a lively environment, one that translates well on television. The Warriors style of play is attractive. Plus it’s Mark Jackson’s coaching debut, so it has a good storyline. If the Warriors’ land DeAndre Jordan, that game would be even more appealing.

Link

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

I just wanted to speak a little on this. I don't think they care, Melo, Amare & Paul really want to play together and think they can follow Miami's blueprint. 3 superstar tier players together + average/below average role players. I hate to say it but its working with the Heat & it worked in Boston. Paul on the Knicks gives them a chance to compete with Miami in the East.
There's a huge difference between Miami, Boston, and the Knicks.

If the Knicks figure out some way to get CP3, let's just say they do.

Next year, they would have about 60 million committed to five guys. Paul, Amare, Melo, Douglas, and Balkman. That's it. No bigs, no depth, nothing. Maybe they can re-sign Landry Fields and whoever else, but that doesn't even compare to what the Celtics and Heat had.

Miami got away with it because they had good prospects on the team. They got Joel, Haslem, Mario Chalmers, James Jones, and someone they thought they could count on in Mike Miller. Each of those guys are pretty damn good pieces to put around the Big Three, but does New York have that? Ehh, highly debatable.

Again, with Boston, it may have not seemed like they had much, but Rondo, Powe, Perkins, Tony Allen, Glen Davis, Posey, etc, those guys all were great pieces to put around Boston's Big Three.

Signing Paul/trading for him just doesn't give them that flexibility. If they trade for him, the team will be gutted. If they sign him, they won't have room to sign anyone.
I def agree with this.  theKnicks would lack the depth of the other championship contenders in the east. Also, lets say for instance they were able to pick up a few decent pieces to put around the 3 superstars, Im still not sure a core of Melo, Stat, and CP3 is better than the Heat's core.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

laugh.gif
yall not getting CP3 man.

We didn't get Carmelo either...

9d1a_t607.jpeg

Oh.

Man, I have no prediction either way...if he comes, GREAT! If not...add more pieces to build a complete team. Depth > Three Superstars, ask them...

dallas-mavericks-win-championship.jpg

When the Knicks were going after Carmelo and had to give up a lot of their pieces, many people asked "Well, what are the odds that guys like Gallo and Chandler will ever be stars in this league?" and obviously, some of us Knicks fans thought they had a high ceiling, but so do a lot of players in this league that get stuck in that "JR Smith" mode where they're great players yet their inconsistency holds them back..So they were essentially role players..And then people said, "Well, you can get role players more often than you can get players like Carmelo." And they were absolutely right..If you have a team stacked with role players..A bunch of guys capable of 10-15 points a night, a guy that can pull down 7-8 boards, and a guy that can block a shot or 2..How likely is it you'll convince a star free agent to sign with that team? Especially in a league with Lebron/Wade/Bosh?

A lot of people forget the big 3 in Detroit because those guys played bully ball and not finesse ball. You had Billups in his prime dropping 25 a night, Rasheed Wallace playing some of the best basketball of his career, Rip Hamilton dropping buckets in the mid-range, and the defensive player of the year grabbing crazy rebounds n blocking shots. They beat the Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone and Gary Payton..Granted the last 2 names were legends that were past their prime, but the Lakers still had a great team that was expected to run right through the Pistons..Yet they didn't..Lakers would have gotten swept if it wasn't for a miracle 3 by Kobe.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Sure in theory it could happen but why would Deron or CP3 agree to extend in either place? They'd both have to agree beforehand. Especially Paul. Why go to the Nets as they trade away their only star?
Deron should sign with LAC because they have a solid team in place already that can compete with him over the next 4-5 years.  In order for CP3 to sign the Nets would have to get DH12 too which is very possible, no?

Deron should sign with LAC because they have a solid team in place already that can compete with him over the next 4-5 years.  In order for CP3 to sign the Nets would have to get DH12 too which is very possible, no? I'm a Clippers fan with unrealistic expectations about my team.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Deron should sign with LAC because they have a solid team in place already that can compete with him over the next 4-5 years.  In order for CP3 to sign the Nets would have to get DH12 too which is very possible, no? I'm a Clippers fan with unrealistic expectations about my team.
me or you? I'm a heat fan

[h1]NBA tips off season with five games on Christmas Day[/h1]
By NBA official
Posted Dec 2 2011 12:15PM

NEW YORK -- The NBA today announced that the league's 66th season will tip off Christmas Day with a five-game slate, contingent on timely ratification of the new collective bargaining agreement.

Kia NBA Tip-Off '11 will launch on TNT with one of the NBA's oldest and most intense rivalries. The Boston Celtics, featuring their All-Star foursome of Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Rajon Rondo, visit the New York Knicks (12 p.m. ET) with their dynamic tandem of Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire. Kia Motors, the Official Automotive Partner of the NBA, is in its second consecutive season as the title partner of NBA Tip-Off.

The action then will shift to ABC for an afternoon doubleheader when in a rematch of The Finals, 2011 Finals MVP Dirk Nowitzki and All-Star Jason Kidd lead the reigning champion Dallas Mavericks against the Miami Heat and its power trio of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh in the first game (2:30 p.m. ET). Prior to tip-off, Dallas will raise its NBA championship banner. The second game features 2011 Kia NBA MVP Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls, who won a league-best 62 games last season, visiting the Los Angeles Lakers (5 p.m. ET) with perennial All-Star Kobe Bryant making his record-tying 13th Christmas Day appearance.

ESPN will round out the day with a pair of matchups. Two-time NBA scoring champion Kevin Durant leads the Oklahoma City Thunder against the Orlando Magic, which features three-time Kia NBA Defensive Player of the Year Dwight Howard (8 p.m. ET). Afterward, the Los Angeles Clippers and 2010-11 NBA Rookie of the Year Blake Griffin visit the Golden State Warriors and rookie head coach and former NBA great Mark Jackson (10:30 p.m. ET).

The 2011-12 NBA season will feature each team playing a 66-game schedule. The full regular-season and broadcast schedules will be released at a future date.

Last season, NBA games and programming were available in 215 countries and territories in 46 languages.

NBA on Christmas Day
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Boston Celtics at New York Knicks[/td][td]12 p.m. ET[/td][td]TNT[/td][/tr][tr][td]Miami Heat at Dallas Mavericks[/td][td]2:30 p.m. ET[/td][td]ABC[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chicago Bulls at Los Angeles Lakers[/td][td]5 p.m. ET[/td][td]ABC[/td][/tr][tr][td]Orlando Magic at Oklahoma City Thunder[/td][td]8 p.m. ET[/td][td]ESPN[/td][/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles Clippers at Golden State Warriors[/td][td]10:30 p.m. ET[/td][td]ESPN[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

You're New Orleans, which offer do you want...

A) Chauncey Billups, Ronny Turiaf for Chris Paul
B) Chris Kaman, Randy Foye, Aminu, and Eric Bledsoe, a high first round pick, and a couple other first rounders for Chris Paul and Trevor Ariza.

Which one sounds better? It's a straight salary dump for New York, but for the Clippers, you get prospects, you get draft picks, you get to unload a contract, and you still get to get those same expiring contracts.

i would take the knicks. crappy players that come off the books quick. when the clippers u get a bunch of overrated players.

^ You need your head checked if you take the Knicks offer first.

Foye is garbage and Aminu is a terrible player. dont know what the hype is around him.

Back
Top Bottom