☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

Originally Posted by StroShow4

i bet he doesnt care about his teammates anymore. just chucking every shot he gets an ounce of daylight�
laugh.gif

9156108-large.jpg

Not sure if srs

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Foye is garbage and Aminu is a terrible player. dont know what the hype is around him.
And Bledsoe? How about that unprotected Minnesota first rounder?
grin.gif

Foye and Aminu may not be great (while Aminu is still young remember)...

They get cap relief, and they aren't about trying to win if they're going to trade away Paul, it's about setting yourself up for the future.

Mike, those guys all DO come off the books,
laugh.gif
. With the exception of Bledsoe and Aminu, the guys you want to have and use as pieces for the future, along with the unprotected high first round pick.

@HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck
ESPN cites source saying CP3 won't push for NY deal, knowing Knicks don't have trade assets "He wouldn't insult the Hornets by doing that."

grin.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, there's totally no difference between trading for Melo then and trading for Paul now...

Yall traded for Melo so you can trade for Paul, right?
laugh.gif

Smith is going to be stuck there all year playing like that.

I think Kenyon will get cut soon for lack of production.

Gerald Green already got kicked off his Chinese team but that is Gerald Green.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Or Rondo and Two first round picks...that sounds the best to me
Problem is CP3 reportedly doesn't want to sign an extension if he lands in Boston. Not sure why given the Celtics will still have that window of opportunity to win a title in the next two years. It's the best case scenario for New Orleans though, gives them an elite point guard and I assume Boston would throw a bit more to sweeten the deal (couple picks, maybe an extra body or two). I think the Lakers, Clippers and Celtics all have enough to give up for Paul IMO.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Or Rondo and Two first round picks...that sounds the best to me
Problem is CP3 reportedly doesn't want to sign an extension if he lands in Boston. Not sure why given the Celtics will still have that window of opportunity to win a title in the next two years. It's the best case scenario for New Orleans though, gives them an elite point guard and I assume Boston would throw a bit more to sweeten the deal (couple picks, maybe an extra body or two). I think the Lakers, Clippers and Celtics all have enough to give up for Paul IMO.
Everyone besides Pierce if off contract after next year so I don't understand why he wouldn't want us to build a team around him...?
Ainge would spend money and probably take his insight.

This might be a radical situation but I got to thinking:

To LAL:
Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor

To NOH:
Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom
Devin Ebanks
Steve Blake
Picks

EDIT: No TC, wouldn't make sense.

You have the Lakers looking like:

C: Emeka/Ratliff
PF: Gasol/Character
SF: Artest/Barnes/Walton
SG: Kobe/Veteran FA/Morris
PG: Paul/Fisher/Goudelock

You have the Hornets looking like:

C: Bynum/Andersen
PF: Odom/Veteran FA
SF: Ariza/Pondexter/Ebanks
SG: Veteran FA
PG: Jack/Blake

There's still a lot of talent on that starting lineup for you to compete for a playoff spot but depth is very much needed. If you end up sucking, you get a high draft pick next year in a fairly stacked draft.

I think it would make a bit more sense if a third team was involved so that the Hornets can already get a young PG to replace Paul if they don't want to stick with Jack or Blake (which would be a pretty decent PG tandem).

Shannon Brown is a free agent and if im the Lakers the first person headed out of LA is Artest, dude is straight garbage.

How would the Lakers sign Tyson Chandler exactly?
laugh.gif

I doubt Hornets want any long-term, expensive deals.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Shannon Brown is a free agent and if im the Lakers the first person headed out of LA is Artest, dude is straight garbage.

True, he opted out of his deal before the lockout. Still a fairly decent offer I'd say. Bynum is only 24.

Doubt Hornets would want Artest to begin with though.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif

Veteran's deal? MLE? I still need to look into the new CBA's FA policies.

That's fair though cause Hornets would want players coming off the books in a hurry.

Clippers' offer would be intriguing as well, probably the best on the "table" at this point.

To LAC:
Chris Paul

To NOH:
Chris Kaman
Al-Farouq Aminu
Eric Bledsoe
Picks

-Kaman's deal comes off the books at the end of the season
-Aminu is young and developing (21 years old)
-Bledsoe is young and developing, could potentially be for NO what they had with Darren Collison

Only question is, is it enough for Paul?

Mike has a point, he's basically saying if they trade Paul, they're dead anyways, blow it all up and start fresh, getting Billups and Turiaf gives them a year to struggle, then they have all the money in the world, they'll have a top 3 pick since they would then suck royally, draft a stud, sign a free agent with all that money to play with said stud, and start over from there.

Take the Clips deal, they get average players, longer contract issues tied to them, and maybe a nice pick or two.  The picks are tempting, the money for average deals is not.  Its the type of half @#$ trade that doesn't make you a power player, but doesn't make you the #1 pick in the draft either, mediocre forever.  The Knick deal lets you bottom all the way out, luck into a star kid, and then try to come up from there, ala OKC style. 

Are we going to have fans from every team come up with trades for Paul that will never ever ever happen?  Gonna make this thread real long if so. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Mike has a point, he's basically saying if they trade Paul, they're dead anyways, blow it all up and start fresh, getting Billups and Turiaf gives them a year to struggle, then they have all the money in the world, they'll have a top 3 pick since they would then suck royally, draft a stud, sign a free agent with all that money to play with said stud, and start over from there.

Take the Clips deal, they get average players, longer contract issues tied to them, and maybe a nice pick or two.  The picks are tempting, the money for average deals is not.  Its the type of half @#$ trade that doesn't make you a power player, but doesn't make you the #1 pick in the draft either, mediocre forever.  The Knick deal lets you bottom all the way out, luck into a star kid, and then try to come up from there, ala OKC style. 

Are we going to have fans from every team come up with trades for Paul that will never ever ever happen?  Gonna make this thread real long if so. 
I don't see a motive for the Hornets to accept any Knicks deal unless Paul gives them an ultimatum by saying "Knicks or I leave". There's other teams with better talent / picks to offer.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif

Veteran's deal? MLE? I still need to look into the new CBA's FA policies.

That's fair though cause Hornets would want players coming off the books in a hurry.

Clippers' offer would be intriguing as well, probably the best on the "table" at this point.
No, more like you have no idea what you're talking about.
laugh.gif

Is it that easy for people to ignore than CP3 turned down an extension with the C's?

mibad it's NT...flavor of the week's always not-Knicks.

Originally Posted by CP1708

This #%!@ is already long as @*+@ and full of garbage
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Lakers don't expect Shannon Brown back.
If lakers were smart they would look into signing Michael Redd, dirt cheap and should be in great shape.

Back
Top Bottom