☆ - 51st GRAMMY Awards - Feb 8, 2009 - 8PM ET on CBS HD - ☆

Word every SB halftime show that bombs, I always ask myself, why don't they just do a Motown joint. I mean, who doesn't like Motown?

Oh damn they busted out 'Tie My Hands'
eek.gif
... Appreciated

actually a good performance by wayne. but damn did they run out of his shoe size? looking like he had clown feet.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

i'm proud of tip and wayne for real

nobody would have thought little t.i. who came out with beenie man in 2000 would be at the grammys with a live orchestra

and nobody thought little wobbily wobbily drop drop it like it's hot wayne would be getting 4 grammys in one night

i see people crying but you gotta give wayne his props, like him or not

he grinded like a machine for the last 3 years and it's paid off

no, he didn't have the best album of 08 but he deserved that award more than anyone else
I completely agree, they probably worked harder than most other artist that were nominated. TI performed great I might add.
grin.gif

i actually enjoyed the grammys tonight, for the most part.

smh.gif
@ Kanye tho, fa real, he needs to look at himself in the mirror and then turn and slap the hell out of his stylist

i dont even like Coldplay but i enjoyed their performance quite a bit, i've seen it before with Jay starting it out with dude but overall its a greatperformance.

TI and Wayne both killed it, JT killed it, MIA out there bout to give birth
pimp.gif
Swagger like us remix
pimp.gif
, J Hud killed it, Al Green
pimp.gif
, im sure imforgetting something

sidenote, whitney's been smoking again
laugh.gif
ol girl was out there lookin a damn mess again

cool show this year...

gotta give props to the girl MIA for doing her thing, on her delivery date, i think she should have worn something a little more tasteful, she attracted moreattention to herself pointing out her pregnancy. man, we already know! that outfit to me was the same thing as her lifting her shirt up and showing us herbelly in the face.

i liked t.i., wayne, and radioheads performances, and i think it is great that wayne took home 4 grammys tonight.

good to see stevie and the reverend always as well!

i was shocked that coldplay did not take album of the year. gave it to the old timers. meh, next year!

and btw, whitney was smoked out for sure... she looked beautiful, but smoked out.
smokin.gif

Damn, TI went from one of Jay's biggest fan to performing at the Grammys with the man. Dude made it. I Love this performance. Nice to see them up theirtogether.
smokin.gif

Damn, TI went from one of Jay's biggest fan to performing at the Grammys with the man. Dude made it. I Love this performance. Nice to see them up their together.
smokin.gif

I thought about this.

Ye, but most importantly Wayne, and T.I basically invested in jay-z's name wayyy before jay made to where he's at. Jays success brought those dudes up,especially Wayne. Smart moves, gotta give it to them.

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

Zooey!!
ZOOEEY!!!
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
My man Ben Gibbard puttin in work with that
laugh.gif

But whys everyone getting mad? It's all predictable...the same rappers are up every year, and you knew damn well Nas and Lu had no chance...look at nextyear, Rock nominees are gonna be Pearl Jam, U2, Blink, Green Day and someone else...do you really mean to tell me that BECK!!!!!!!!! did not do enough towarrant a +$#@@%* nomination this year? you serious? no Raconteurs? My Morning Jacket? Death Cab? the grammys are a joke and everyone should knowthis...BTW...Danger Mouse shoulda got producer of the year...Beck/Gnarls/Black Keys is deadly...

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

i'm proud of tip and wayne for real

nobody would have thought little t.i. who came out with beenie man in 2000 would be at the grammys with a live orchestra

and nobody thought little wobbily wobbily drop drop it like it's hot wayne would be getting 4 grammys in one night

i see people crying but you gotta give wayne his props, like him or not

he grinded like a machine for the last 3 years and it's paid off

no, he didn't have the best album of 08 but he deserved that award more than anyone else

Word. Gotta give respect where it's due.

tru

TBONE95860 wrote:
Originally Posted by Untitled

DOWNTOWN43 wrote:
realtalk, Wayne sold 1 mil in a week. how would he NOT win a Grammy?
tell that to 50 cent..he still waitin on a grammy.....

Straight up.

50 Cent done WAY more then Lil Wayne has done in his career.

I'm so tired of hearing about 50 cent. Real Talk what has he done? He has 1 good album. And that 1 good album is nothing but beats and hooks. A few goodmixtapes. Thats it. Yes he has made very very good buisness decisions. But most of those have nothing to do with hip hop.
He always say well I'm internationally known. Trust me, the only reason anybody and I mean anybody outside of the US knows 50 cent is because he hangs withthis very popular white guy. Talks about he kills dudes careers. Ok, Wow you killed 1 R&B/RAP artist career congrats.
Please stop hyping this dude. He's average at best. He didn't even have the best verse on his so called ""classic " album.
smh.gif

Son said 50 has one good album
laugh.gif
... I guess you NEVER heard 'Power Of A Dollar'

I can't stand people that hate for no reason....smh

Even if I don't LIKE the artist, I still respect the work they put out.

Take wayne for example, he has a lot of material I listen to, but I can't stand son now.

And for the record, you are stupid if you say 50 cent doesn't deserve a grmmy.

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

TBONE95860 wrote:
Originally Posted by Untitled

DOWNTOWN43 wrote:
realtalk, Wayne sold 1 mil in a week. how would he NOT win a Grammy?
tell that to 50 cent..he still waitin on a grammy.....
Straight up.

50 Cent done WAY more then Lil Wayne has done in his career.

I'm so tired of hearing about 50 cent. Real Talk what has he done? He has 1 good album. And that 1 good album is nothing but beats and hooks. A few good mixtapes. Thats it. Yes he has made very very good buisness decisions. But most of those have nothing to do with hip hop.
He always say well I'm internationally known. Trust me, the only reason anybody and I mean anybody outside of the US knows 50 cent is because he hangs with this very popular white guy. Talks about he kills dudes careers. Ok, Wow you killed 1 R&B/RAP artist career congrats.
Please stop hyping this dude. He's average at best. He didn't even have the best verse on his so called ""classic " album.
smh.gif

QFT < / THREAD >
Exactly. Dudes quote 50 like hes some actual good rapper. Money does NOT equal talent and more importantly, he hasn't been musically relevant for years ashe searches for ways to create "gimmicks" and other "pop" sounding songs that he always banks on that the public will like. Bottom line,dude was hyped to the point that he could never return to that level. And thats his fault. Ya'll are extremely immature to say that 50 Cent is a betterrapper than Wayne. The simple fact that dude has more hit singles and features and is still raising the bar makes him better than many of the"rappers" ya'll have on your lists. Ya'll love to support dudes that don't change their style then claim they sold out. NT is full ofthese _-riders.
smh.gif

I really didn't see the Grammy's like that but I did see the Swagger Like Us performance and I thought it was official

Who exactly are the people who won Album of the Year??? I really expected them to give it to Coldplay or Radiohead because they really deserved it. I'venever even heard of this group that won but they def racked up on awards last night.

i just loved watching everyone love music so much ... you got dude from coldplay saying "this is !*#!@+% amazing" when he finished his performance... you got kanye, ti, hova AND wayne on a stage together ... JT and al ... JT and TI ... thicke and wayne and the band ...

on the morning shows today everyone was saying these grammys sucked ... i just dont see how they could have possibly sucked ... neil diamond performed ...carrie underwood performed ... kid rock performed ... smokey ... th elist goes on and on ...

one of the best award shows ive seen in recent years

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Though I disagree with the Album of the Year and wanted Radiohead to win, I have a feeling a good number of people don't know who Robert Plant is
laugh.gif

i bet 8/10 niketalkers have no idea who Robert Plant is
laugh.gif
Led Zepplins lead singer?

No google.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Son said 50 has one good album
laugh.gif
... I guess you NEVER heard 'Power Of A Dollar'

I can't stand people that hate for no reason....smh

Even if I don't LIKE the artist, I still respect the work they put out.

Take wayne for example, he has a lot of material I listen to, but I can't stand son now.

And for the record, you are stupid if you say 50 cent doesn't deserve a grmmy.

Homie I'm not a hater. When people come on this thread and say real **$*. People that don't agree calls them haters.

I was a big 50 fan. I can recite the whole GRODT album. Even though its not the most lyrical album. And yes I've heard " power of the dollar "
But not until like 2 years ago. And its ok but you can't tell me you think its better than GRODT. Beg for mercy is one of the hardest rap albums I'veheard this decade. But thats it. He has nothing else, just throw a few mixtapes in there, like "50 cent is the future". And that's his career. Because the massacre only had like 5 good tracks and Curtis well I don't even think its a track on there that I like.

the Grammy's where ok. Of course the Rap Pack performance of Swagger Like Us was pretty sick. Adele and Sugarland, suprised me a bit. The girl fromSugarland can sing pretty damn good.

Back
Top Bottom