♚ Sacramento Kings ♚ Off-Season Thread

Dalembert >>>> Kings
laugh.gif

With no chance of making playoffs (hasn't been for awhile) the best scenario I can hope for is for them to play hard, compete, get close...and lose.

Can someone explain to me the situation with the arena? Are the Maloofs being greedy, or are they just doing business?

I posted bout this in the stickied thread but at the surface it's technically the Maloofs doing business.... But in a pretty shady manner. Not only shady, but it stinks of desperation and evidence of them being flat out broke. Personally I have noticed them flip flopping on a lot of subjects. This all started on the pre development fees, in which they refused to pay up and resulted in Stern stepping in and paying for it on behalf of the kings. And now they are coming up with a new hiccup claiming that the deal they previously agreed to wasnt exactly agreed upon....... As of right now they are really fighting an uphill battle trying to destroy this deal. The NBA, Stern, owners all want the Kings to work out in Sac. I think Stern will straighten out these idiots one way or another, with them or with new owners......

Thanks for the explination.

Today Tom Ziller wrote that the Maloof's true desire could be to wind up in Anaheim, a large market where they could generate good revenues even in bad years - even if the fans don't really care about the team. They don't want to be stuck in this small market rut where they're not bringing in the money if the Kings aren't in the playoff hunt. Combine this with the fact that Henry Samueli would be fronting a ton of cash for the arena, giving them aid that they would't be getting in Sac.

Personally I think this is an example of the Maloofs being horrible owners. I get that they're trying to do business, but I don't think it's good business. I am not the most objective mind when it comes to the Maloofs though, so I could be overreacting to this and I just wanted to get a better feel for the situation.

The Maloofs were pretty good owners pre-Palms. But now that they are broke because of the Palms, they are God awful owners. The best case scenario is that the Board of Governors and Stern talk some sense into the Maloofs in cuttin their losses and selling. Apparently there are a few billionaires interested in purchasing the Kings AND keepIng them in sac

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but Reke has hired a shooting coach. Seen a video on YouTube his brothers were speaking on it

The Maloofs need to sell the team. They are rich, but not "Basketball Rich". These guys inherited their wealth and now The Palms is going under and they were also forced to sell their beer distributorship which has been in their family since forever. They @@%%#% everything up and now they are trying to fix it but end up screwing the city and people of Sacramento.

#$%@!!@ losers....

Back
Top Bottom