‘Nina’ Film Poster Released, Twitter Not Feeling Zoe Saldana as the High Priestess of Soul

Leslie Jones from Ghostbusters / snl would have been perfect

1003190512220241217v12.jpg

thumbnail_2_1ebb79a2_v2_original_crop_exact.jpeg

Not sure how you can honestly believe that but ok.

Again, you dudes severely disregard name recognition and people going to see movies just because their favorite actor is in it.
Ok.

I think you're overestimating Zoe Saldana's name recognition and ppl going to see a movie cuz she's in it.

If we were talking about an actual movie star or great actor I'd agree.

Last edited:
I think Zoe could've capitalized on her fame after Colombiana but she didn't. I mean, she's a good actress but doesn't have the star power to make a role her own; she's replaceable. Hell, half the people I know mistake her for Thandie Newton sometimes :lol:

I think Zoe could've capitalized on her fame after Colombiana but she didn't. I mean, she's a good actress but doesn't have the star power to make a role her own; she's replaceable. Hell, half the people I know mistake her for Thandie Newton sometimes :lol:
2 of them in a 3some would be great and yes they look alike but in any movie together Thandie would be playing Zoe's hot moms.

Since it's brought up again looks like there might be a Colombiana 2 :lol:

I dont have a problem with zoe

The make up

Like what jv make up artist did that

Its like flex being powedered coated to play mj

Or 6 ft dame dash for the aliyah movie

Or anthony "IM TUPAC " mackie

Ok.

I think you're overestimating Zoe Saldana's name recognition and ppl going to see a movie cuz she's in it.

Yea because I forgot only STARS are the ones that have followings.

2 of them in a 3some would be great and yes they look alike but in any movie together Thandie would be playing Zoe's hot moms.

Since it's brought up again looks like there might be a Colombiana 2 :lol:

I'd go to see that :lol:

Ok.

Yea because I forgot only STARS are the ones that have followings.
Followings big enough to make sense in this context? Yes.

michonne coulda done it if it was about age
Yeah but that's when the ranking and politics of Hollywood comes in to it.

Zoe's the one that does movies and is known in the business for doing movies. Her name is probably a go to in meetings with producers and casting directors since for many movies she's like a trifecta for a PC quota; person of color, female, and can act. Plus there aint no negative rep attached to her.

Denai (I think that Michonne's real name) I barely recognize if she don't got her wig on and I couldn't tell you another tv show she was on. Maybe a play.

Who your agent knows probably factors in to things too.

Looks wise she's a better choice than Zoe. I think she can do it acting wise as well

Last edited:
Saw an interview with Nina's brother earlier on TMZ Live and he was talking about how Nina wouldn't approve of Zoe playing her.

Then they get to something that's bound to cause more controversy. Apparently there's a sex scene in the movie with Nina and her manager. Problem is her manager is pretty well known by everybody to be gay.

:smh: :lol: If they thought they had problems with Zoe and her black(er) face they aint ready for the LBGT community and PC ppl getting at them for straight washing a person.

Back
Top Bottom