“American Skin” written and directed by Nate Parker

definitely in for this joint..besides the cop killing, i wanna see character development and if its just a revenge story or if theres some twists. i feel everyone can walk away from this film with something if its done right.

Looking forward to this.

When I read up on it I already see some still have it in for him. He premiered this movie last year at a film Festival and some critics still managed to bring up a dismissed rap accusation.

Apparently it got a 7 min ovation and was praised along with one other movie that was the talk of the festival too but some critics are saying it isn't good.

Theaters not being open may actually help this movie be seen by more people.

I know for damn sure this would not be showing in any theaters near me. :lol:

How sway?
Movie depicts two black men getting killed and another getting shot but not one cop gets touched. Fools ran up in the police station spraying ARs and somehow nobody got hit. Then the main character goes thru all that just to let the cop off the hook. Media constantly bombarding you with images of black people getting killed whipped beaten and tortured but won't ever give you the satisfaction of revenge even in fiction. Just more of the same bull****

Movie depicts two black men getting killed and another getting shot but not one cop gets touched. Fools ran up in the police station spraying ARs and somehow nobody got hit. Then the main character goes thru all that just to let the cop off the hook. Media constantly bombarding you with images of black people getting killed whipped beaten and tortured but won't ever give you the satisfaction of revenge even in fiction. Just more of the same bull****

Nah man. There's no other way it could be. Those fools had trained military backgrounds and a year of planning to execute the takeover; thus the reason for 0 casualties. The main character never intended to kill the cop, which was revealed in his explanation to the documentary filmmaker kid; all along he just wanted to "show the world" how it really is. Having a movie that involve black ppl getting revenge and white cops getting tortured wouldn't fly by general public standards, so that the best that could happen did; Another scene of black ppl turning the other cheek. Meh :-\

Last and most importantly, the two deaths that the movie began and ended with. The beginning applied because without it, there is no movie. The ending, as much as it hurt, was probably the most REALEST scene in the movie, because there's no other way it woulda went down. It wasn't gonna be a John Q situation where pops gets locked up for a bid. The minute he stormed the building, he was a dead man. Regardless of what transpired. That ending showed the audience, yet again, how eff'd up police and their excessive, unwarranted use of lethal force can be.

No lie, the movie passed me off. But in a good way, if it makes sense.

You're looking at it as entertainment and being immersed in the storyline and all that. That's fine but I'm not looking at it like that. Like I don't give AF WHY no cops were harmed and 3 black men were shot, I understood the plot. It's just another bull**** movie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom