∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

I mess with FX. They starting to be the Jerry Jones of television, every year they think they have the best shows, every year they think they are the champions...and you know what, every once and a while they are the best. I like the ish talking FX be doing, off their Kendrick steez, we just put out a moutha******* hit....come at us. Competition.

What has Colin Farrell ever been good in?

In Bruges
The Way Back
The Recruit
Collin should of got an oscar nod for phone booth.

:lol:

my god

The Recruit
Minority Report
In Bruges
Seven Psychopaths
The Way Back

Don't dismiss him just yet. He's having a very similar "comeback" like McConaughey did.

what comeback is that? MM never needed a comeback he just decided to move into serious roles and get away from the chick flicks
MM definitely had a comeback, not sure he needed one but ppl for the most part wrote him off as a rom com actor and considered A Time To Kill a fluke. He was in a lot of corny bad chick flicks, check his resume. You'd need a comeback from that. Wasn't hard for him cuz he's great though, so we got Lincoln Lawyer.

I will say ppl should not be comparing Colin to MM though. Colin's never really been written off but that's mainly cuz he's mostly been an average to good actor. Son hasn't shined in a while.
FX is salty. :lol: Two amazing shows no need to fight.

On whether Fargo will face the same challenges as True Detective in casting Season 2:

Following the announcement that Fargo will return for a 10-episode second season, Landgraf was asked whether he expects to face the same casting and storyline scrutiny that HBO's True Detective has been weathering since the end of its first season earlier this year. His response was calm, cool, and collected, with a dash of fightin' words: "I think [True Detective] is going to have to prove that it's more than just a vehicle for movie stars," Landgraf said, adding that [True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto] "is going to have to prove that he can write something truly great." He went on to praise Fargo writer Noah Hawley's incredible work in Season 1, saying that it'd be "nice to have a movie star in the second cycle of Fargo, but I don’t really think it’s necessary. I think we needed Billy Bob Thornton [in Season 1], but I don’t think we need somebody next year. It will bring more buzz [to have a big name], but frankly, I think we can do it with unknowns. I think Allison Tolman brought as much as to Fargo as Billy Bob Thornton. We could do the whole show with a group of talented young Allison Tolmans."
No denying Fargo overall had a better story than True Detective. What made TD great or helped in it being recognized with alt he hype was the acting and that one amazing ep ppl still :wow: about.
As it's been said- good writing trumps all.
Those of you that keep making fun of how people dug into the series like it was Lost...
That's a sign of great writing! It's thought provoking.
That's a damn lie imo.

Just cuz ppl come up with cockamamy theories and predictions for a show doesn't mean it has good writing. It just means at some point you completely bought in to the hype so when the writing stops being good you'll still defend it cuz you got hoodwinked just like LOST.

Thought provoking is good and a sign of good writing but there has to be proper follow through and a pay off as well. Not saying TD didn't have that but referencing LOST doesn't help the way you might think.

Last edited:
Rumor #2: Plot Details Leak

Excerpt:
The first solid information on the new season’s detectives came along a week ago or so with the revelation that Colin Farrell  had been offered a role. We heard at the same time that there was another young male part also under discussion, and the program makers had apparently considered Taylor Kitsch  for that role.
I can tell you now that these would make up two corners of the series’ central triangle of investigators, two men and a woman from different Californian cities and their own distinct branches of the State’s law enforcement bodies, coming together to uncover a whole mess of corruption.

The third corner will be a woman, a character in her 30s. She’s a Monterey Sherrif with – as you might well expect – trouble in her past and problems in her day-to-day.

Her issues are with alcohol and gambling. Farrell’s character has terrible problems with cocaine and anger management. The young guy, a member of the California Highway Patrol, has been suspended for sexually exploiting a young woman he pulled over. Nobody is clean. It’s still True Detective.

Farrell will have a partner, an older detective, though he’s not one of the central players and when Pizzolatto said there are four characters at the centre of this story, I expect he meant the three main investigators and a nefarious entrepreneur

The new mystery is to be kickstarted by the murder of Ray Caspar, City Manager of a fictional Californian city. From what I can gather, the new, partly invented map that Pizzolatto is drawing will be essential to his new story. As he teased, some months ago, part of the mystery will involve California’s transportation systems. This plot will involve a corrupt scheme to link North and South California with a high speed train, all in pursuit of profitable land ownership and lucrative federal grants.
http://www.filmdivider.com/3813/tru...-three-investigators-two-male-and-one-female/

Eh, the first plot was more about corruption than anything. I remember ppl expecting Rust and Marty to take down the entire sick group before the last few eps. Mind you it was a serial killer that had a great cover up.

Doubt the ignorant fans will be complaining front hat standpoint. I'm sure enough differences and not being satisfied with the main actors will get the ridiculous complaints flowing.

ok I was willing to let it slide with Colin and Taylor but Vaughn :x come on man. :smh:

Vince Vaughn Circling True Detective Season 2 Lead Role

By Michael Ausiello / August 4 2014, 12:13 PM PDT

The True Detective Season 2 rumor mill has churned out another name: Vince Vaughn.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Swingers actor is in preliminary talks to play one of the three leads in the HBO drama’s upcoming second season.

In mid-July, word spread that Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch are reportedly in serious discussions for two of the season’s lead roles, while series creator Nic Pizzolatto has said that the new season will be set in California and feature “four central roles.”

At the Television Critics Association summer press tour last month, HBO president Michael Lombardo said a Season 2 casting announcement was imminent, adding, “[T]he two scripts we have are…more exciting than the first season.”

These crazy True Detective casting rumors aren’t showing signs of letting up anytime soon, and now in addition to Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch supposedly engaged in super serious talks to play two out of the four leads (after Christian Bale allegedly took a pass) — TV Line is reporting that Vince Vaughn is in “preliminary talks” for one of the leads. Okay sure.

I’ll bite. Let’s examine the plausibility factor here. Theoretically, I could maybe see this. Vince Vaughn’s career is ripe for a comeback after he spent the better part of the past decade pursuing fruit that’s so low-hanging it already fell off the tree and started decomposing on the ground. But would Vince Vaughn even want to resurrect his career at this point? The dude seems too content sleepwalking through paycheck movie after paycheck movie and chowing down on pizza to even be bothered with the notion of actually having to act. But if for some reason he did get his crap together, seeing Vince Vaughn in a really dark role that isn’t that 1998 Pyscho remake might be kinda cool.

Maybe while they’re add it, they can find something for his old buddy Owen Wilson to do. Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson co-starring in True Detective season two? Now there is baseless speculation at its finest. Have at it, internet.

I hope there is no truth to this at all.

Man with this horrible casting and Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire ending. I think the era o great TV Is over

Vince freaking Vaughn?

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

Last edited:
Everytime dudes on NT rage about casting choices, I sit back and remember when news broke about Heath being the Joker, and everyone crying bloody murder.

We have no idea about the character, so why don't we all just shut the hell up until we see the final product before we pass judgment the final judgment.

I don't know about Vince man. He had it like 20 year ago after Swingers but he went full comedic actor for the past decade or so imo. I don't know if the great writing can bring that good actor back.

They gon' offer Owen next or nah?
That would be hilarious :rofl:
Heath being the Joker is like one freaking example out of ton that ended up being trash.
Basically.

It's like ever since Heath's Joker ppl want to just keep recalling that one time to rebut the naysayers. At this point yall gonna need more than that.

Heath being the Joker is like one freaking example out of ton that ended up being trash.

What were the tons of times dudes on NT flipped about a casting choices and it ended up just as bad as the predicted?

Even the scenario is pretty rare. That dudes anticipate the casting choice in a sequel.

-Losing chance to see BaleGod do his thing for a full season :x :smh: |I

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom