∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

Aye what if HBO decided since they couldn't get any big name A listers, they decided to go the "shock" casting route. Like get a name so random like Vaughn's and people will tune in just to see how he does. Of course if he sucks in the 1st episode, then :lol: :smh:

People didn't like heath because he was a gay cowboy.

They didn't like Anne Hathaway either but she was good as Catwoman.

nt just likes to complain and if they're wrong about someone being a bad casting they'll usually keep quiet or deny.

So if this it, based on that plot leak, the 4 central characters:

Main 3 Characters:

Taylor = Rookie California Highway Patrol officer, problems= suspended for exploiting female he pulled over

Colin = Seasoned California State Detective , problems = cocaine/anger management

???? = Female, 30s, Monterey Sheriff, problems = alcohol/gambling

I wonder who they're casting as the female lead. :nerd: Who would be good based on this description?

Supporting Character:

Vince = Older California State Detective, Colin's partner

Last edited:

nt just likes to complain and if they're wrong about someone being a bad casting they'll usually keep quiet or deny.
No Anne was pretty bland and unimpressive.

I steady seeing ppl try to tack on that Anne was good as Catwoman when it was far from it. Her role was forced and contrived in TDKR. It didn't help that the writing wasn't good for her story or dialogue. Plus trying to front like her performance was anywhere near Heath's surprise is a joke. The two of their roles shouldn't be mentioned together unless you're explaining how they were opposites.

Last edited:
No Anne was pretty bland and unimpressive.

I steady seeing ppl try to tack on that Anne was good as Catwoman when it was far from it. Her role was forced and contrived in TDKR. It didn't help that the writing wasn't good for her story or dialogue. Plus trying to front like her performance was anywhere near Heath's surprise is a joke. The two of their roles shouldn't be mentioned together unless you're explaining how they were opposites.

What do you mean TDKR didn't have good dialogue?

"The clean slate? Where you type someones name, date of birth, and a few minutes, they're gone?"

Nolan's exposition is downright laughable sometimes :lol:

basically.

@Master Zik  you gotta put it in perspective. i remember people saying she'd ruin the movie.

Last edited:

basically.

@Master Zik
 you gotta put it in perspective. i remember people saying she'd ruin the movie.
Well she didn't ruin the movie because her role wasn't that big or important. People thought she might've been a villain getting near equal face time with Bane and that some of these essential characteristics of the character wouldn't be depicted with Anne portraying her. They were sorta right there.

Main thing is in the end, she didn't bring the opposite of everybody's expectations. She was just there.

I just hope Vince Vaughn is cast in a comic relief role.  I don't think he would be bad in a serious role...this is gonna catch flame but i don't think he was bad in The Cell.  I think he could do a serious role but its just not his forte. 

I will watch the entire season 2 either way no matter who is cast 

I just hope Vince Vaughn is cast in a comic relief role.  I don't think he would be bad in a serious role...this is gonna catch flame but i don't think he was bad in The Cell.  I think he could do a serious role but its just not his forte. 

I will watch the entire season 2 either way no matter who is cast 
Yea yall gotta remember that each season isnt gonna be the same...they said some might have a lighter/ more comedic tone than others....its plenty of ways to portray detective/cop/crime stories ...with that said, the way they did season 1 was :pimp: tho :lol:

The latest rumors for Elizabeth Moss as the female lead

nodding_clint_eastwood.gif

The latest rumors for Elizabeth Moss as the female lead
Yup.
[h1]True Detective Season 2 Seems to Be Taking Shape[/h1][h2]By David Haglund[/h2]
140805_BB_VaughnFarrellMoss.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Clockwise from left: Taylor Kitsch, Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn, and Elisabeth Moss.

Photo illustration by Slate. Photos by Mark Davis/Getty Images for Palm Springs International ShortFest; Vincent Sandoval/WireImage; Daniel Zuchnik/WireImage; Frazer Harrison/Getty Images.

After months of rumors  and memes, many details about True Detective Season 2 are now being reported by multiple outlets. Most notably, the Wrap  reported yesterday evening not only on the actors who are either “in talks” or “being eyed” for the lead roles, but also on what those roles will supposedly be.

Colin Farrell is “nearing a deal to star,” Jeff Sneider writes, while Taylor Kitsch is “angling for the role” of a California Highway Patrol officer and Elisabeth Moss is “being eyed” for the part of a Monterey sheriff. Finally, Vince Vaughn is “in talks to play the central antagonist,” a part that, according to Sneider, was written by series creator Nic Pizzolatto with Vaughn in mind.

Sneider also says that he has obtained a breakdown of the Season 2 storyline, which he describes thusly (possible spoilers follow, of course):
The second season of True Detective  will follow the death of Ben Caspar, the corrupt city manager of a fictional California city who’s found brutally murdered amid a potentially groundbreaking transportation deal that would forever change freeway gridlock in the state. Three law enforcement officers from different cities and branches of the government are tasked with finding out who did it. They soon discover their investigation has much broader and darker implications than they initially thought.
Caspar’s 52-year-old corpse is found on a lonely stretch of Pacific Coast Highway near Big Sur—satanic symbols etched on his chest. It turns out he had a penchant for rough sex and may have been involved in the occult.

The three investigators are the Farrell, Kitsch, and Moss characters, apparently, and they all—in keeping with the first installment of the series—have personal demons: Farrell’s character “has been damaged by years of turmoil,” the Monterey sheriff (Moss, maybe) has taken to “gambling and alcohol,” and the CHP officer (Kitsch, perhaps) was “put on leave after soliciting” sexual favors from a woman he pulled over for drunk driving. (That last detail, along with a few others, seems to have disappeared from the Wrap story—but you can find it quoted from the original version of the story elsewhere.)

Vaughn’s character, meanwhile, is “a former thug turned businessman” working with local politicos on “a high-speed railway system” that would run along the California coast and provide a variety of financial opportunities, or something. This account of the plot seems to match Pizzolatto’s earlier remark that Season 2 would be about “hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system.” (It also matches a description provided by Film Divider  a few weeks ago.)
That said, none of this has been officially confirmed by HBO, and the Wrap  story does not say that any of the actors have actually signed on just yet. But executives from the network did say last month that casting details would arrive soon, so official news is likely forthcoming before long.

Last edited:
Kudos to Kitsch's agent/manager for getting him this role.

Can Vaughn pull a McConaughey in terms of turning his career around? I thought he was decent in The Cell.

Detectives with tortured pasts and a secret cult mystery....hm sounds familiar. I was hoping for something radically different from season 1, but I'm sure this will still be good.

Matthew's career was already turned around before TD. People seem to forget that. TD was just the icing on the cake.

So all this talk of TD turning around careers is silly, there's no proof of it.

Elizabeth Moss though ? :smh: Plus Taylor and Colin are def downgrades from s1. Hope the writing is still strong and dude didn't blow all creativity on the first season.

Looking forward to Vince Vaughn's role in this. I saw him a bit different a few years ago after watching Psycho.

Like someone else said, I'm in it for the writing. Can't wait.

who would have thought Steve Buscemi could pull off his Boardwalk Empire roll? I've always thought of him as the goofy guy in movies. I know he's had plenty of other types of rolls.

View media item 1117978

Back
Top Bottom