⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

No, we're talking about the greatest "foreign" players in the Prem & all of their trophies count to some degree in the equation including the CL.

Thats fair but personally when comparing players head to head I try not to bring trophy haul into it at first cause at the end of the day trophies are team accomplishments not down to one guy. I was just talking strictly ability and goal scoring records.

Thats fair but personally when comparing players head to head I try not to bring trophy haul into it at first cause at the end of the day trophies are team accomplishments not down to one guy. I was just talking strictly ability and goal scoring records.

Tbf,Drogba literally won them the CL final :lol:

In most cases for me, trophy haul factors in except for Cantona because of what he "brought to the table". He's exceptionally one of kind, there will never be a player like him.

Got these two 11x17 posters to freshen up the art I have at work. Gotta show off my love for footy... Other "art" I have is A Tribe Call Quest, Bob Marley, Mile Davis, Blade Runner, & Kill Bill.

FootyPosters.jpg

Put some respek on Agueros name. He leads the entire history of the league in goals to games ratio and goals per minute. Clearly we cant just base it on stats but as a striker that's sometimes warranted.

Imagine if he was never hurt every season, split PT with the likes of Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko, Negredo, Jesus, his resume would be even more prolific than it is.

But that's the thing, whenever Aguero's name comes up, there's the injury factor. That's what takes away from his legacy & why I rank him lower.

:lol: The look on Dembele's face with The Count's arm around him during practice. He's got, "Get off me" written all over his face...
15349589345427.jpg

True, and from a non biased opinion besides his title winning goal, hes really never moved opposing fans like a lot of the mentioned foreign players you guys have mentioned thus far.

Hes never had that appeal but his stats are just astonishing to me and I feel he deserves a top 5 if not top 3 mention IMO. Always overlooked but the man has a hell of a resume.

Sometimey?

You do realize he's only 30 or so goals away from breaking Henry's record of most goals in the EPL by a non-UK player, right?
If he can stay fit and healthy to his normal standards he will break that next season. Already has a hat trick 2nd game into the season.

If he can stay fit and healthy to his normal standards he will break that next season. Already has a hat trick 2nd game into the season.

I said the same thing a few days ago, all he needs is one more year in the EPL to break that record.

Not including him in the top 5 would be ludicrous. He has already won 3 Premier League titles in the "Big 6" era which, in my opinion, is a much more competitive era than when the likes of SAF and Wenger were dominating the league.

True, and from a non biased opinion besides his title winning goal, hes really never moved opposing fans like a lot of the mentioned foreign players you guys have mentioned thus far.

Hes never had that appeal but his stats are just astonishing to me and I feel he deserves a top 5 if not top 3 mention IMO. Always overlooked but the man has a hell of a resume.
He never had that appeal cause he's mostly quiet guy who keeps to himself doesn't really try to stand out. Similar to Silva its why neither of them are usually on the fore front of peoples minds and when they get overlooked when talking of all time greats in the league and where they should rank.

Kun has missed 318 days due to injury or 54 games since his arrival to the Etihad. I've never seen anyone in any pro sports have so many hamstring issues as him.

Quite bizarre really. They need to stick him in a hyperbaric bubble & keep him in there & have his own personal cryo-freeze chamber. Dude should be stretching like 5-6 hours a day... :lol:

Can't atually believe Henry is a manager

:smh: Gotta wash that boy

Henry my ***** I hate it had to be him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom