⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’re a Wolves fan? This is news to me. You should have been given a wolf banner then. Welcome to the Wolfgang, bang, bang, gang, gang.

As for Porto, we do great business but it’d be REALLY nice to see some Portuguese talent on the squad here and there.

But hey, that’s the nature of the Primeira Liga. Were always looking for the next bag.

Have to root for a team with my two favorite Portuguese players (Moutinho and Patricio). Just beyond frustrating how they'd beat a top club and then lose to a relegation club the next week.

I'm really curious about how these dudes feel about living in Wolverhampton after living in Lisboa, Porto, Monaco, etc. for the last decade. I guess the Sporting players are OK cause they're basically living as refugees there after getting beat up by Carvalho's goons :lol:

Last edited:
united fans so salty :rofl:
i get it though...europa league and your best player abandoning ship is a tough pill to swallow

at least ole's at the wheel....

Can’t believe it after all these years Kompany I’m gonna miss him :frown: best thing mark hughes ever did for this club was sign Kompany
2A962DFF-604D-4505-BB2E-94ECFAE5C8F2.jpeg

11 years one of the best centerback and leaders this league has seen. Not to mention his crucial goals over the years in the biggest moments including this season where at the beginning he wasn’t what he used to be but done the stretch when it mattered most he put in top class performances again and gave us one more crucial goal to keep a title push alive yet again. Not enough words to describe how importantly he has been to this club. His presence and his play will be missed dearly.

I rarely used the word deserved in sports cause it can be such a head*** thing people say sometimes but I do feel bad Kompany never got to lift the champions league with us or a World Cup with his country he deserved that. Regardless 11 years and captained this club through its greatest period and his country through their golden generation. 4 times a premier league champion. 2 time FA cup winner. 4 time league cup winner. Even got two community shields thrown in their lol.

Heres to you Vincent Kompany City loves you more than you will know! Im sure all our fans will wish him the best as he returns to his boyhood club as a player/manager.

article-2144182-131581DE000005DC-331_964x393.jpg

City.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F955529398%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

skysports-vincent-kompany-manchester-city_4667096.jpg

2 things i’m thankful for at the end of this season;

1.Keylor Navas and his undying professionalism on and off the pitch, he definitely deserves to end up on a proper team next season.

2. BeIn Sports for being money hungry tyrants and getting booted off AT&T because if I had to sit here and watch Madrid play like they have this year I’d be shoving needles in my eyes to cope with the pain.

madrid lose again !!! :lol:
if barca wins today it will be the biggest gap ever between the two clubs, and it's going to be even worse next season.

zizzou really should've waited till the summer to step in
he actually did worse than his predecessors

:lol::smokin:smokin:smokin

so of course zizzou returns the pettiness

Last edited:
Just realized Kompany leaving and Otamendi most likely being sold would put us in an interesting centerback situation with only Laporte and Stones. Unless Otamendi reconsiders wanting to leave now.

The Zizou - Bale situation is a shame. Still not sure what he did to get on his ****list besides getting hurt.

Seeing him not get a send off along with being isolated on the bench is a fitting end and sums up his Real tenure,underappreciated until the end

Would be cool to see him go back to Spurs but can't see them shelling out crazy money to bring him back

The Zizou - Bale situation is a shame. Still not sure what he did to get on his ****list besides getting hurt.

Seeing him not get a send off along with being isolated on the bench is a fitting end and sums up his Real tenure,underappreciated until the end

Would be cool to see him go back to Spurs but can't see them shelling out crazy money to bring him back
this current spurs squad is better off without him and his wages tbh
too much talent out there to be wasting over 100 million on bale

Yea really can't see too many clubs willing to shell out what Real would want this summer,dude is in a tough situation.

He could do what that report says and just chill while collecting a check next season out of the squad but as a pro,doubt he'd want to just sit idle for a whole season

Dude won Real two UCL's and a Copa Del Rey only to be whistled and unappreciated by ungrateful Madridistas. Zidane did this cat dirty. Real look real classless by not sending Bale out the right way.

Last edited:
united fans so salty :rofl:
i get it though...europa league and your best player abandoning ship is a tough pill to swallow

at least ole's at the wheel....
So you’re telling me that if Madrid won all three domestic titles and started calling it a treble, you would be ok with that? I’m not even mad tbh, city have a fantastic squad and pep deserves all the credit in the world. But there is some missing context to the conversation when you mention their success. Ppl are just providing that dialog

There’s a reason Pep didn’t just say no to those questions:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nchester-city-pep-guardiola-brother-questions

Wow congrats to Kompany.. hell of a career

Glad we won’t have to see his big *** head celebrating anymore

So you’re telling me that if Madrid won all three domestic titles and started calling it a treble, you would be ok with that? I’m not even mad tbh, city have a fantastic squad and pep deserves all the credit in the world. But there is some missing context to the conversation when you mention their success. Ppl are just providing that dialog

There’s a reason Pep didn’t just say no to those questions:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nchester-city-pep-guardiola-brother-questions
oh that's what yall mad about. the domestic treble thing. that's completely fair.
but im just seeing a lot of pep snipes just cause he's making england look like spain.

people taking shots at city because they got this bag in recent years but yall have been rich for decades. it is what it is.
with all this money being spent with yall's huge epl bag and tv money, it just looks like yall being salty cause your club has been making the wrong moves.
when you compare the money spent with united the gap isn't large at all.

And about this treble stuff y’all getting y’all panties in a bunch over we all know it’s not THE Treble we aren’t stupid :lol: But the fact remains it is a DOMESTIC treble the first to be done. You really think people trying to say “city won all trophies available in domestic completion in English football” FOH imma short hand it and call it the domestic treble or a treble but yes it is not THE treble.

messi wins the game in 2 mins :lol:
sorry mbappe no golden boot for you.

that's 50 for this season. lort

Last edited:
Highlights of the Real match

6283BFFF-EDFE-4188-A9A0-1150E48925D1.gif

This team has more issues than the front office and Zizou realize. They’re going to try to get some players back to their world class selves, but this is where savvy management accurately determines who can/can’t be salvaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom