⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly Sunday rundown

'Barca's squad have rejected signing Griezmann after being consulted after all the flirting and rejection from last summer. Nothing has been finalized but a move has practically ruled out'

Would be hilarious if he ended up stuck at Atleti next season after everything :rofl:

'Spurs in pole position for Ndombele'

People need to **** acting like Madridistas owe Bale. Dude was brought in to be Parker to CR’s Duncan, not Robert Horry.
Who said they did? They've been quite clear in how much they don't mess with him for years now :lol:

Works both ways though,after all he's won and had a hand in winning, Bale doesn't owe them **** either.

Not too often such an accomplished contributor to many trophies gets frozen out on the way out but it's par for the course for Real.

oh that's what yall mad about. the domestic treble thing. that's completely fair.
but im just seeing a lot of pep snipes just cause he's making england look like spain.

people taking shots at city because they got this bag in recent years but yall have been rich for decades. it is what it is.
with all this money being spent with yall's huge epl bag and tv money, it just looks like yall being salty cause your club has been making the wrong moves.
when you compare the money spent with united the gap isn't large at all.
Honestly at the end of the day none of these dudes when they get in they sanctimonious bag actually care about this FFP ****. Everyone loves the Leicester story myself included (I think they a couple good moves away from breaking into the top 6 consistently if they plan right and I’d like to see that) but how many of these dudes you seen say Leicester where Finacial doping to get to that point because they violated FFP in the championship and had to settle (and thier rise back to the premier league coinciding with their takeover). They don’t cause they don’t see them as competition they don’t see them as a threat to a top 4 spot and someone else they gotta compete with for the title.

Same thing with wolves now. Everyone cool with wolves now including myself (it would be dope if they could turn this into regularly finishing top 6) but how many of them you see complaining about how they got to where they are (think PSK was the only one before he dipped for some reason) but watch if wolves keep doing what they doing and eventually start finishing in the top 4 regularly and disrupts the current “top 6” regularly these dudes gonna turn on em cause now they’d be a threat and competition to the aspirations for their club. For example It’s not a lot of Everton or Watford or palace or west ham fans on here but ones I know and others I’ve seen online are mad salty and ****in hating on wolves hard right now :lol: they been fighting around that 7th spot and Europa potential for a minute and then wolves come through from the championship with a super agent and have seemed to have usurped them already and they mad pissed about it :lol: Fans of those clubs I’ve seen talk about wolves the same way some fans of other top 6 clubs talk about city. But fans of other top 6 clubs not mad at wolves at all cause they don’t see them as a threat and competition to stopping what they wanna do....yet

And the end of the day these dudes aren’t mad about money and FFP violations and owners helping a club out by giving them a bag. They really just mad/salty they got more competition now.

Last edited:
D67CI88W4AAw9-p.jpg:large

Imma be watching a lot of the Belgian pro league now. I really hope Kompany succeeds in this position. It’s been a while since we’ve seen a prominent player/manager

Wish it wasn't Anderlecht but awesome regardless. They're rivals but I hope Kompany does well, as long as they end up below AA Gent.
He does seem like he has the talent to successfully transition into management.
Very intelligent, great leadership and he is held in incredibly high regard by players, fans and non-fans alike.
Anderlecht always looks to compete for the title so the expectations will be fairly high.

If I recall correctly he wrote his thesis for his Manchester Business School MBA about the effect of playing at home vs. playing away.

Props to Kompany on a successful career. Even though he's the right guy for the gig, it's wild to see him to become a player/manager. Who was the last player to be a player/manager? :nerd:

Wish it wasn't Anderlecht but awesome regardless. They're rivals but I hope Kompany does well, as long as they end up below AA Gent.
He does seem like he has the talent to successfully transition into management.
Very intelligent, great leadership and he is held in incredibly high regard by players, fans and non-fans alike.
Anderlecht always looks to compete for the title so the expectations will be fairly high.

If I recall correctly he wrote his thesis for his Manchester Business School MBA about the effect of playing at home vs. playing away.
Yea it’ll be a big task but I’m sure he knew that going into it considering it’s his boyhood club. And yea I remember that being what he wrote about when getting his MBA. I think his larger point ifrc was it’s also why these mega rich clubs should lowkey ticket pricses. Because they won’t miss that much money tickets sales are much more improtant for sides in lower divisions but these mega rich clubs can afford to drop the prices cause they won’t miss the money and they will still benefit performance wise.

Props to Kompany on a successful career. Even though he's the right guy for the gig, it's wild to see him to become a player/manager. Who was the last player to be a player/manager? :nerd:
Thierry Henry I think. Didn’t work out though.
He didn’t want to manage a Championship team or become an assistant coach to Wenger and subsequently got in over his head at Monaco.

Thierry Henry I think. Didn’t work out though.
He didn’t want to manage a Championship team or become an assistant coach to Wenger and subsequently got in over his head at Monaco.

I don't think Thierry has actually played while he managed Monaco has he?

While I think Zidane has been petty with Bale, Bale has to go plain & simple, he has been bad for about 6 months, the play & attitude hasn't been right. If Zizou played Bale today he would have been whistled, if they want to send him off do it in a press conference. Bale asked to be star, is paid like superstar, but when the time came to be that guy he hasn't been that guy. Being the guy doesn't just mean scoring in finals, its about being consistent too. I'm thankful for what he's done in finals, but I can't lie and say he didn't leave a lot to be desired.

Those CL spots for serie a gonna come down to the final game. Both Milan teams can get in. Atalanta just need to win

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom