⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been pretty damn bad for nearly 3 years now, but damn. Kovac can't even handle a 20 man squad (3 of whom are youth players) and keep everyone happy. He's alienating the team slowly but surely. He really needs to go.

98A3582E-BD30-4A0D-9CF1-3E52A2667819.jpeg

1.png

He has been pretty damn bad for nearly 3 years now, but damn. Kovac can't even handle a 20 man squad (3 of whom are youth players) and keep everyone happy. He's alienating the team slowly but surely. He really needs to go.

Naw **** that racist Muller and Neuer, both can kick rocks

ooohhh giiiiirrrrllll this tea is HOT!!!

this article rectifies the corniness of these photos?
No

Pep: “It’s not possible to win with young academy players...we’re competing with the best teams in Europe...”

Manchester United: “Okay guys I figured it out, we’re going to start Lingard and Rashford for 5 years and play young academy players..”

I don't believe in that you can still feature young players and win titles, if someone can play they can play, I'm not saying put a youth team out there either.

I don't believe in that you can still feature young players and win titles, if someone can play they can play, I'm not saying put a youth team out there either.
Who do they have to feature?
im not aware of their academy players
We all know if the academy players are ready pep is the one to give them a chance

It’s also very hard when they are chasing Liverpool who look invincible right now.
Does pool give time to their academy players?

Who do they have to feature?
im not aware of their academy players
We all know if the academy players are ready pep is the one to give them a chance

It’s also very hard when they are chasing Liverpool who look invincible right now.
Does pool give time to their academy players?

The 3 academy players we have closest to be ready for the first team just happen to be in the positions it takes the longest for youth players to truly blossom and be ready for first team action particularly in a squad that's trying to win titles, CM and CB.

The player that's closest to ready is Foden. Buts he's a 19 year old CM with one of the best if not the best CM in the world in KDB and best player in the clubs history in David Silva in front of him. It takes time for young CMs to really blossom so he's on track and he's got great competition in front of him. Completely understandable why he's not able to start every match or every other match currently (would not mind being above Gundam Wing in the peeking order right now though) Things will change for him next season when David is gone and Gundam Wing sold for (he really should be next summer)

The other two closet to the first team (now training with the first team) are Harwood-Bellis (17) CB and Garcia is (18 ) CB. Both good and talented but 17 and 18 is extremely young for a CB to start in a club with the ambitions city have. While id rather start either over Otamendi's current form realistically we would be swapping mistakes from a bone headed veteran to mistakes a youth CB would make so mistakes would still occur so that's not solving the current problem right now either. That being said its much easier to understand mistakes from a 17 or 18 year old than a 30+ veteran like Otamendi. We are in a situation where near 0 margin for error is required to win the title again so it's a tough spot to be in to start a youth center back.

I believe youth players can feature or even be starters for title winning sides but those youth players tend to be on the older end of youth (20-23) not 17-19 and if they are that range its usually forwards because its somewhat easier for young forwards to be starting every match or every other match for a side trying to win titles compared to a 17-19 year old midfielder or center back in that same situation just because of the nature of the positions. Mistakes in those positions are much much much more costly than a young forwards mistakes would be.

Last edited:
This was more about United being clueless and their weird obsession/love affair with academy youth products who just aren’t that good.... Rashford, Lingard, etc :lol:

Can a team win the EPL or CL with just academy youth players? Hell No. With a couple academy players? Sure.

I guess Trent Alexander Arnold is def one youth player that Klopp gave the reigns too very early.
I still think City should Loan Foden out. At least until Ilkay is gone

TAA did start in that 17-19 range for them but when he started featuring for them 4 years back now I don't think many of us would say Liverpool was competing for a title at that time which is the key point being made is that its hard to start a lot of players in that age range when you are competing for titles. He really kicked off in 17/18 and fair play to him he took that next step to warrant being given more chances But again how many of us thought Liverpool would be playing in the Champions League final going into the 17/18 season? not many if anyone. But what did Liverpool do so they could really compete for titles cause they saw they were on the cusp? They didn't say aight lets start 17-19 year olds midfielders and CB's to get us over the edge, they already had Keita coming in, they went and got Van Dijk in January, got Alison and Fabinho in the summer. And we saw what that resulted in, a 97 point 2nd place finish (from 4th and 75 points the season before) and winning the champions league title. All smart purchases that increased their depth and quality that took them over the top. I highly doubt that would've happened if they saw starting 17-19 year olds in those exact same positions was the solution to take them over the top.

Last edited:
Oh and jking0821 jking0821 Foden apparently doesn't want to go on loan right now and thinks the position he is in is best for his development. He wants to play more but he seems to be realistic about the situation of the club and who's in front of him as well.

I am sure Foden wants to stay who wouldn't. But as a club i think its the smarter decision. I am sure if asked Odengard would have stayed at Madrid....same with Abraham and Chelsea. I just see young players like Harry Wilson for example getting priceless experience with smaller clubs that (IMO) will pay great dividends when he returns to Liverpool.

But who knows maybe this long grooming period and practicing every day with the best players will be a new way of going about bringing along young players

I feel like at this point, it's not a bad idea to play Eric Garcia until Stones comes back at least. Fernandinho is a vet, but hes learning the CB role on the fly as well so might as well let Garcia get that experience.

I still wish Pep can look into playing a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3. He needs to adapt, play Walker as CB, makes no sense on why we bought Cancelo but not a CB.

Like Armada Armada said, Foden will be more of a regular next season when David Silva is done and Gundogan sold. He doesnt need to be on loan, we sill play him in League Cups and the odd sub here and there. We're gonna need him for those winter months playing 4 games in 14 days. Him leaving on loan for half a season makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom