⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’d be nice to see Spain give the million immigrants from Latin-American & Africa who’ve been living in country some citizenships too...

But.....

They won’t.......

It'd be nice to see Fati reject to play for Spain in solidarity with those immigrants...

But.....

He won't........

In the end, everyone looks after their own interests.

It'd be nice to see Fati reject to play for Spain in solidarity with those immigrants...

But.....

He won't........

In the end, everyone looks after their own interests.

A lot of us werent conscious or "woke" at 16. So I expect him to play for Spain. Maybe later he will want to play for Guinea but whatever

A lot of us werent conscious or "woke" at 16. So I expect him to play for Spain. Maybe later he will want to play for Guinea but whatever

He can’t just switch national teams later on. Once you’re called up to a national team, it’s a wrap.

Forget about the right wing political culture of Spain vs the left wing political culture of Portugal. Pretend that doesn’t exist...

I still feel it’s the wrong move for Fati. Spain have been known to call up talent just for the sake of keeping them on the books. To me, that’s ridiculous.

He can’t just switch national teams later on. Once you’re called up to a national team, it’s a wrap.

Forget about the right wing political culture of Spain vs the left wing political culture of Portugal. Pretend that doesn’t exist...

I still feel it’s the wrong move for Fati. Spain have been known to call up talent just for the sake of keeping them on the books. To me, that’s ridiculous.

I dont really care about Spain or Portugal politics...

I think they can switch allegiance as long as they dont play in any competitive match. However, I think players below 21 can switch even if they played in a World Cup or other competitive match.

Yes, I agree. Im not a fan of a lot of these richer nations only cap tying a player for their benefit, but actually dont view that player as a real citizen.

I dont really care about Spain or Portugal politics...

I think they can switch allegiance as long as they dont play in any competitive match. However, I think players below 21 can switch even if they played in a World Cup or other competitive match.

Yes, I agree. Im not a fan of a lot of these richer nations only cap tying a player for their benefit, but actually dont view that player as a real citizen.

yea I agree.

the rules on switching national teams I thought were strict. I really don’t know. I was under the impression, once you make a official appearance for the national team for a non friendly, ain’t no turning back.

yea I agree.

the rules on switching national teams I thought were strict. I really don’t know. I was under the impression, once you make a official appearance for the national team for a non friendly, ain’t no turning back.

You're correct. Once you play a competitive match for a nation you're stuck

You're correct. Once you play a competitive match for a nation you're stuck

Right....

so there is no turning back to Portugal or Guinea Bassau once Fati plays a meaningless euro qualifier. He’s stuck for life.

Like I said, F the politics - it’s a very, very, risky move football wise.

Fati considers himself a "Sevillan" so I doubt he ever mulled about not getting a Spain move
Probably honored that Spain would call him up in fact

Can some give me a reason to not bet on Juve winning Serie A this year?? If inter or someone else happens to win then I’ll accept that L

Right....

so there is no turning back to Portugal or Guinea Bassau once Fati plays a meaningless euro qualifier. He’s stuck for life.

Like I said, F the politics - it’s a very, very, risky move football wise.

I have always found it interesting the psychology behind choosing your international alligience.

Raheem Sterling for example is VERY much in tune with Jamaican culture, but being grow up in England since 5 and the economic benefits of playing for England vs playing for Jamaica. I get why he would want to play for England.

A lot of people have mixed background and national heritage, but its interesting to see where someone would be aligned with based on FIFA rules and standards

EC9A07CE-1634-44E3-8B15-60674230D4B4.jpeg

If I'm Partey I don't sign anything new, leave it at 50, look over all my options this summer, if it's not the right situation I'll re-up with Atleti. He's having an all world type season so far.

If I'm Partey I don't sign anything new, leave it at 50, look over all my options this summer, if it's not the right situation I'll re-up with Atleti. He's having an all world type season so far.
Shoot if I'm him, I'm signing that 100M release clause and including a rider that I get a % of it. A dozen clubs would pay that in a second if his season keeps going the way it started.

He probably loves simeone like all his players
And after the griezmann fiasco I don’t think he wants to play that game

Looking at it now, I doubt any of the premier leagues that would be interested are a step up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom