⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...k-candidates-replace-faltering-arsene-wenger/
Arteta and Henry don't have enough experience, would be throwing themselves to the wolves.
Idk if Ancelotti has it anymore, his experience is bar none.
I like Jardim, Fonseca and I like Low too but he hasn't managed at the club level in years. Plus the talent available is much different.
Rodgers...eh., no

Not on the list but if Conte is sacked by Chelsea, he would be worth going after. Allegri, if he leaves Juve this summer. I don't see Sarri leaving Napoli. But I can see Sarri and Allegri being chased by Chelsea

Last edited:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...k-candidates-replace-faltering-arsene-wenger/
Arteta and Henry don't have enough experience, would be throwing themselves to the wolves.
Idk if Ancelotti has it anymore, his experience is bar none.
I like Jardim, Fonseca and I like Low too but he hasn't managed at the club level in years. Plus the talent available is much different.
Rodgers...eh., no

Not on the list but if Conte is sacked by Chelsea, he would be worth going after. Allegri, if he leaves Juve this summer. I don't see Sarri leaving Napoli. But I can see Sarri and Allegri being chased by Chelsea
pep wants to go back to italy apparently so wouldn't see him staying in england if he leaves chels or is sacked

Pep was the one.

They dropped the ball

Pep was never ever coming to the Gunners not with kroenke there. I don't think he was ever considering United either given their ownership & the prospect of having to work with woody.

City was always going to be his Prem destination because of his prior relationship with Txiki Begiristain & the prospect of having carte blanche to do what he wanted & the dough to be able to fund it. No other club in the Prem could offer this.

Wenger is definitely part of the problem but no matter what manager the Gunners get, there is still kroenke to be the club's cooler. The best this club will do for here on out is look to get a top 4 finish. That daft owner has no ambition but to keep them profits coming in. The track record is there for all the other teams he owns. Gooners really should revolt & force him to sell the club if they can.

Having said that, I think the Gunners should go after someone like Markus Weinzierl who did a fine job at FC Augsburg & is doing a great job at Schalke now. He has proven to be adept at doing more with less. Maybe even Tuchel? Also what about Klopp's boy at Huddersfield, Robert Wagner? I like him alot. This was a great feature from Men In Blazers' Rogo on Wagner... He's another manager that does more with less. The Gunners need to target managers that have that skillset to be honest.

Given what Trey said, it doesn't sound like he'll leave River Plate too soon, but I think Marcelo Gallardo would do well with a European club.

I like the idea of Chelsea targeting Lewa... I think he & his wife would like London. He along with Morata to round out the striking core would be fire. As long as they can extend Hazard though... I think they could use a good attacker in Isco in midfield too...

Last edited:
Damn Neymar :smh:

Who’s prized player do we have to buy next summer before we make it to a CL final

If Lewandowski wants to be seen, London is a great place to do it and he can easily transition to America afterwards. The familiarity will be built by then.

Pep and Arsenal isnt so farfetched. Arsenal 2-3 years ago was playing beautiful footy. They are the only team in the Prem that plays like City. They just never found a Fernandinho/Yaya that would rough up the opposition and lacked a ST for years to take them to the next level.

Pep even earlier this week confessed that he wanted to play for Wenger at Arsenal as a player. Like Psk said, I believe Arsenal's board pushed him away because he wasnt going to be running the club and getting money bags to get the players he wanted to.

Pep at Arsenal would of been threatening too. If he could turn our non defending 4th place squad in 2016 into what it is now, (We still cant defend) imagine what he could of done with 2016 2nd place Arsenal.

Damn Neymar :smh:

Who’s prized player do we have to buy next summer before we make it to a CL final

2 months... Ankle injury & "fissure" of the 5th metatarsal which is the long bone on the outside of the foot. Hopefully he'll be ready to play for the WC without any problems...

Edit - looks like P$G are denying he'll be out 2 months & there is the possibility he might play vs Los Blancos...

Last edited:
Morris will not be missed at the NT. At least he can stay home in his bubble with his girl and puppy.

:lol: I was thinking he can now stay at home with his girl & puppy too... Neymar gonna have some lannister fun with his sis too... :sick::smh:

That comment he made to JJ still makes my blood boil. Like bro, don't you wanna be great?! :lol:

We will have better options at the Forward position anyways

2 months... Ankle injury & "fissure" of the 5th metatarsal which is the long bone on the outside of the foot. Hopefully he'll be ready to play for the WC without any problems...

Edit - looks like P$G are denying he'll be out 2 months & there is the possibility he might play vs Los Blancos...

I don’t even know if I’d risk it to be honest. Definitely wouldn’t want to rush him back just to get washed by Madrid. Luckily we still have Draxler to step up.

I feel like Paris saying he might be ready by next week is a horrible decision. If he can’t play, he can’t play. I’d actually be upset if they tried to rush him back. We’ve got a more then capable attack. It’s the defense that’s super suspect

fifa has no spine & are too money grubbing to make that decision. It’s going to keep the WC in qatar. Someone over there will splash some cash in someone’s offshore and/or Swiss bank account & it’ll stay. They’ll proly spin it by saying pulling from an Arab country would be racist in nature.

Last edited:

Bruh. This would be so dope. But it would have to be over the summer when everyone is free and potential injuries wouldn’t ruin seasons

No look + Goat Salah getting service from Belgium Iniesta, Pogba, and Silva :wow:

Would be disgusting how good that would be

Edit - I also find it funny how Lukaku came up with the idea, but he’s not even in the starting 11 :lol:

Bruh. This would be so dope. But it would have to be over the summer when everyone is free and potential injuries wouldn’t ruin seasons

No look + Goat Salah getting service from Belgium Iniesta, Pogba, and Silva :wow:

Would be disgusting how good that would be

Edit - I also find it funny how Lukaku came up with the idea, but he’s not even in the starting 11 :lol:

would it be though?
those line ups don't excite me tbh

city has a better squad than the all star team

The way the premier has been intergrating with the NBA I do see something like this happening in the future. I do hope fifa strips Qatar if it’s World Cup but they’ve invested too much money and slaves to lose out on it now. Like mentioned, someone will pull up in the brinks truck and case closed. Shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom