⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be glorious when Liverpool the squad that everyone loves to trash, goes about and handles their business and prevents Real Madrid's billion-dollar squad from 3 peating.
do it for the people.

salah is gonna feast on this defence though. livepool's attack is ridiculously fast.
and madrid leak a lot of goals.
vvd is gonna need to play the match of his life.

Mark my words: No team with beta-boy Neymar as its leader will ever win anything of significance.

paulina-pierce.gif

Awesome.

I'm so close to just giving up on Mourinho (even if he's a Porto legend), he's pulling a Wenger and not adapting to the times. Next year is Mourinho's last chance with me, if United don't turn it around, he's done. Mou's gotta leave the EPL for good.

My faith in the new wave of Portuguese managers is high - Jardim, Conceicao, Marco Silva, Nuno Espirito Santo (to some degree).

Close to giving up?!?! That ship has sailed. The dotard is waaaaaay past his prime. He’s got decent attacking/scoring talent in Mata, Pogba, Alexis, Martial, & Lukaku. You can even throw Rashford & Lingaard in there yet he’s been there 2 years & they look so inept trying to score goals even against terrible opposition both in the Prem & in European competition.

It’s hilarious to see people think the dotard can still turn it around.

It doesn’t matter what United buys this summer, that team is going no where what so ever. At best, they’ll finish 4th or 3rd unless Liverpool, the Spurs, & Chelsea eff up again...

Close to giving up?!?! That ship has sailed. The dotard is waaaaaay past his prime. He’s got decent attacking/scoring talent in Mata, Pogba, Alexis, Martial, & Lukaku. You can even throw Rashford & Lingaard in there yet he’s been there 2 years & they look so inept trying to score goals even against terrible opposition both in the Prem & in European competition.

It’s hilarious to see people think the dotard can still turn it around.

It doesn’t matter what United buys this summer, that team is going no where what so ever. At best, they’ll finish 4th or 3rd unless Liverpool, the Spurs, & Chelsea eff up again...

No I agree, I would feel exactly the way you do...... if Mourinho wasn't a Porto legend. I'm being completely bias here, I have no problem admitting that. My bias is giving him one more year to change things around and I'm looking forward to see what he does with his back against the ropes. I'm sure he knows it's his final chance at managing a big club if he fails. So excuse my Porto bias psk, I apologize, but believe me, this is his final chance for me.

Last edited:
No I agree, I would feel exactly the way you do...... if Mourinho wasn't a Porto legend. I'm being completely bias here, I have no problem admitting that. My bias is giving him one more year to change things around and I'm looking forward to see what he does with his back against the ropes. I'm sure he knows it's his final chance at managing a big club if he fails. So excuse my Porto bias psk, I apologize, but believe me, this is his final chance for me.

Stupid me, I forgot about the Porto connection with you... He’s done though. He should absolutely never get a big club again. woody is too stupid to realize this so the dotard will stay at least another year.

Stupid me, I forgot about the Porto connection with you... He’s done though. He should absolutely never get a big club again. woody is too stupid to realize this so the dotard will stay at least another year.

Yea it's kindaaaaaa a big deal to win the Liga and EUROPA league title (2003), then the following year win the Liga again, and the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE title with Porto (2004). He's legend status. He's also legend status in Milan, he had Inter win the Treble, their first Champions League title in 40 years, with a good but not great squad. I mean he beat one of the best teams of all time (Barça 2010).

So I absolutely give him more (bias) leeway than you and the rest of the footy crowd :lol:, sorry, can't help it. But I do see him not adapting to the times and he's becoming a Wenger 2.0 (complete arrogance and lack of innovation). Pep said something smart a few years ago, I can't quote it verbatim, but he said something like "You can't be a manager for too long, I don't plan on managing for too much longer, the game passes you by". I agree with that.

How Fergie did it tho, I have no idea, he's a wizard. One more chance for you Mou, e o último.

Good right up about Jardim’s tactics... it’s amazing he had Monaco still finish 2nd after losing Mbappé & others...

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/09/19/tactical-philosophy-leonardo-jardim/

Edit - Poor Emery... He’s taking this job just to be taking a job. He’s got beer goggles on right now thinking he’s taking home a babe... He’s going to throw up when he wakes up in the morning when he realizes who he hoped in the same with... :smh:
Jardim would have been the best possible option, and Kroenke goes with Emery cause Em is desperate and cheaper (I'm making assumptions here). I wont write him off yet, but I dont have faith Arsenal will be contending for titles anytime soon (50% is Kroenke being a **** owner).

I miss Mou being at Real Madrid. Those Clasicos were the most entertaining of all time for the wrong reasons :lol: Mou+ the Portuguese, Brasilian, and Spanish goon squad of Pepe, Carvalho, Marcelo, Coentrao, Ramos, and Alonso (one of the most underrated sneaky dirty players of all time) versus the over exaggerating of Alves, Busquets, Alba :lol: Pure chaos :pimp:

We have a billion dollar squad? like pool ain't one of the top spending clubs

Apparently it’s not the amount you spend that makes you an underdog. It’s how recklessly the club spends.

Also, RM’s net spend in the last 5 seasons was £65m and Liverpool’s £150m. Just last summer Real made a €50m profit as opposed to spending. It could come back to bite them in the *** but still the point is let’s not make some fake *** financial underdog Real just outspends everyone narrative here. One team has just been a lot better at spending their money than the other.

Got dayum... a post from ajiiiplatinum ajiiiplatinum ...

Lol
Its usually EPL talk in here which i dont watch so dont have anything to contribute.

Now that you guys are shifting to Coupe Du Monde and Champions league final talk i am more interested.

Gonna have some people over this saturday to watch the final. As a barca fan i can’t root for Real but not a fan of Liverpool or EPL teams so I am just gonna enjoy the match. May the best team win.

Apparently it’s not the amount you spend that makes you an underdog. It’s how recklessly the club spends.

Also, RM’s net spend in the last 5 seasons was £65m and Liverpool’s £150m. Just last summer Real made a €50m profit as opposed to spending. It could come back to bite them in the *** but still the point is let’s not make some fake *** financial underdog Real just outspends everyone narrative here. One team has just been a lot better at spending their money than the other.

Nonsense. our Net Spend over the last 5 years isn’t £150m. You’ve simply made it up.

:smh: For a soon to be 30 yr old striker with a stupid goal celebration? He seems so desperate to leave Bayern just like he did at Dortmund.

Ramadan Mubarak to the Muslim members in the thread... Everytime I think about Ramadan, I think in about Hakeem Olajuwon who fasted during his run to back to back wins in the NBA finals. I remember seeing the time out huddles where the Rocket players were getting the play drawn out drinking water while Olajuwon sat gathering himself in solitude. It was an incredible display of faith...

Pellegrini's officially back

More manager news

Not sure why these federation's keep handing out extensions before the WC even begins...

:smh: For a soon to be 30 yr old striker with a stupid goal celebration? He seems so desperate to leave Bayern just like he did at Dortmund.

Ramadan Mubarak to the Muslim members in the thread... Everytime I think about Ramadan, I think in about Hakeem Olajuwon who fasted during his run to back to back wins in the NBA finals. I remember seeing the time out huddles where the Rocket players were getting the play drawn out drinking water while Olajuwon sat gathering himself in solitude. It was an incredible display of faith...

most nba games are played at night arent they?

most nba games are played at night arent they?

Remember during the summer months, the sun doesn't doesn't go down until 8-9pm... Olajuwon made it habit not to drink until the game was over where he could go home to dink, eat, & pray.

Wait, is Anderson Talisca rumored to be going to United?!?!? :rofl:The one that doesn't pass well or defend well either? :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom