⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From DiMarzio's people

He was close to joining Milan at one point last summer iirc,not surprised they're back in for him

Also seen rumors from spain about Atleti making an effort to keep Griez and that he's once again hesitant to leave

Remember during the summer months, the sun doesn't doesn't go down until 8-9pm... Olajuwon made it habit not to drink until the game was over where he could go home to dink, eat, & pray.

Wait, is Anderson Talisca rumored to be going to United?!?!? :rofl:The one that doesn't pass well or defend well either? :rofl:
Mou musta been playing FUT and saw bruh had above 70 face stats in every category and was like “that’s my guy” :rofl: . son has been trash outside a few games where he hit some crazy shots for besiktas

Mou musta been playing FUT and saw bruh had above 70 face stats in every category and was like “that’s my guy” :rofl: . son has been trash outside a few games where he hit some crazy shots for besiktas

beIN has been broadcasting Super Lig games this year & I watched the likes of Besiktas, Galatasaray, & Fenerbahce since I've never seen Turkish league games outside of EL & CL games... Talisca signing with United would provide endless comedy.

:smh: $100 mill is below market value for a player like racist lil bags but I can't fathom why the team would target him since we have Dembele. If anything RLB should've been the purchase before buying Dembele. I've said this before & I'll say it again, the team needs to extend Umtiti, remake the midfield (a pivot & another attacker), get another fast CB to pair with Umtiti, & get a fast left back. Barca needs speed badly. Once these needs are met, then a new striker. Team needs a new medical & training staff too. The team needs to stop wasting Messi's prime years & compete legitimately for more CL titles, ideally 2-3 more. If they don't fortify the team, I see Messi leaving soon.

Last edited:
Before i was hurt that Griezz wanted out but if Barca want him We’d be happy to take Dembouz on a permanent as a clean swap. More than likely Griez will take a few years at 25 mill a year with a 160 mill release clause with atleti. He got us a Europa Title and at this point I can’t be mad if he makes the switch to barca, At this point i can only have my jimmies rustled at best if he moves.

:smh: A promising U16 Cadeta A left-back... I swear, bart & his minions have no idea what they're doing... Almost as stupid as woody at United but at least they got a treble & some league titles... Barca B is hovering over the relegation zone by 2 pts with 2-3 games to go...

These tweets pretty much summarize Emery's tenure at P$G accurately.

Last edited:
Truth be told, Alena has been very meh playing for Barca B.... I mean they're hovering above the relegation zone.

La Masia has changed leadership several times over the years as there has been & still a lack of leadership in this area too. That's why other teams are poaching players left & right.

Again, I can't stress enough how poorly the leadership is coming from bart & his minions in all matters regarding football. The only reason for the success of the first team is Messi... Without him, the first team is very ordinary.

:smh: A promising U16 Cadeta A left-back... I swear, bart & his minions have no idea what they're doing... Almost as stupid as woody at United but at least they got a treble & some league titles... Barca B is hovering over the relegation zone by 2 pts with 2-3 games to go...

It's crazy how many La Masia kids are leaving (or about to leave).

It's crazy how many La Masia kids are leaving (or about to leave).

It's all tying to #1 first team is now relying on galactico signings more than ever. There doesn;t look to be a path like there was in years past for a youth player to get to the first team. #2 the leadership changes (plural) that has occured at La Masia. #3 Barca B team playing horribly over the last 4-5 years getting relegated once already & now hovering over the relegation zone again. #4 Lots of coaching changes over the years on the youth teams whenever the leadership at the top has changed leading to a lot of instability on the youth teams.

bart & his minions aren't doing anything meaningful to stem the tide either. They got poached last summer too & it's happening more this year.

For us Culers, we're seeing an end of an era with Iniesta leaving.

It's all tying to #1 first team is now relying on galactico signings more than ever. There doesn;t look to be a path like there was in years past for a youth player to get to the first team. #2 the leadership changes (plural) that has occured at La Masia. #3 Barca B team playing horribly over the last 4-5 years getting relegated once already & now hovering over the relegation zone again. #4 Lots of coaching changes over the years on the youth teams whenever the leadership at the top has changed leading to a lot of instability on the youth teams.

bart & his minions aren't doing anything meaningful to stem the tide either. They got poached last summer too & it's happening more this year.

For us Culers, we're seeing an end of an era with Iniesta leaving.

It's funny how the mentalities have switched the past couple of years under Zidane, with Real Madrid slowly replacing an aging squad with La Fabrica product while complementing with signings, while Barca keeps throwing $$$ at anyone possible. Yes, there have been some good signings, but there have also been complete wastes of money for players that are not bad but not even close to being Barca material.

We spending big this summer too, can't have another embarrassing league campaign

I don't think it's necessary to sign massive amounts of players, but we all know Perez won't stand for it :lol: they were just unlucky to have multiple key players in bad form in the first few months of the season, and by the time they got back to their real selves, the league was pretty much lost anyway. you could tell they weren't trying much and just focusing on CL

We spending big this summer too, can't have another embarrassing league campaign

Seriously wonder who Real will get though

Haven’t signed a galactico since James 4 years ago.

I think it’s definitely time for Benzema to make way for someone else though. Neymar would be the natural replacement but the move would embarrass an entire country that is obsessed with its international reputation.

We need to get someone though. Squad needs a little bit of a shakeup. And unfortunately you can’t depend on Bale staying healthy.

It's funny how the mentalities have switched the past couple of years under Zidane, with Real Madrid slowly replacing an aging squad with La Fabrica product while complementing with signings, while Barca keeps throwing $$$ at anyone possible. Yes, there have been some good signings, but there have also been complete wastes of money for players that are not bad but not even close to being Barca material.

oompa loompa (pique), busquets & alba need to be replaced. Waay too slow now. Beyond that, the likes of Lucas Digne, Aleix Vidal, Thomas Vermaelen, Paco Alcacer, Denis Suarez, gomes, Deulofeu, & Yerry Mina were all terrible buys. That's a lot of dead weight on the roster. If Dembele gets loaned out or sold, thats another mistake they made.

If the team were to rebuild the needs I mention, I think they could make do with a healthy hannibal for another 2 years. I think he never fully recovered from his knee injury at the beginning of this campaign that hampered him for the first 3 months. I think a lot of guys were playing hurt. Shoot Paulino had been playing straight since January 2017 & had not had any rest until now. His legs looked dead around late Jan, early Feb... Can't fathom why the count lookin' MFer didn't get him some rest & also rest injured players...

The only players from the B squad that should be promoted & played a bit are Jose Arnaiz & perhaps CB Marc Cucurella. I'm not fully convinced on Cucurella.

The other gems like Alena, RB Sergi Palencia, & pivot Oriol Busquets (no relation to sergio) should be loaned out to first team sides to get playing time at the Primera Division level if possible. I like striker Abel Ruiz too, but think he should stay on Barca B if he doesn't get poached.

These players are floundering at the Barca B level especially after the firing of manager Gerard Lopez last April. They haven't had much direction/proper coaching since the 1 or 2 since they were last relegated.

On to something more positive. A look at the Iniesta tifo & his final moments at Camp Nou. What a class player... You may hate this club, but you can't hate Iniesta... He's such class on & off the pitch.

Trophies upon trophies upon trophies... God speed on your next en-devour. Just please don't go to anything qatar related...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom